Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

New to area, Need an alignment and tune around Cocoa Beach/Patrick AFB/Melbourne

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to area, Need an alignment and tune around Cocoa Beach/Patrick AFB/Melbourne

Hey guys most know that I was headed to florida although my issue is before I left I could not get my car aligned or tuned cause my car is to low. Well my exhaust is to low to get on my local shops in MO to get up on the machine. I have LT headers into an x-pipe to dynomax race bullet mufflers dumped. The exhaust is low however I would have to think that there has to be some one out there that can align this damn car. Am I gonna have to run open headers? Also I have BMR upper and lower control arms on a BMR K member. The local shops say that they can only set stock settings. What is going to be needed on this? I have Strano shocks up front which lower it 1.5" in the front so would I be putting the alignment at stock settings. I was told different and that it would cost me an *** load more because its not stock. I think the where blowing smoke. PLEASE anyone that is around Patrick AFB or Cocoa Beach pipe in and help me find the right people to get these little things figured out. I simpley need to get an alignment and fine tune the tune I have now....... Like to get this think back on the road and to the track to meet some people, Thanks again steve
Old 06-05-2011, 08:43 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

South Tire on US-1 in Cocoa gave me no **** at all
about my car (-1", BMR K). I've also had it aligned at
a now-closed dealership with a drive-on laser setup
(where the K was installed). There are some ricer
type places around that I'm sure can handle scrapers,
though I don't go there and they may not be too
familiar with the F-body alignment features. Give
South Tire a try, not only did they not bitch, they
didn't even charge a lot.

Not sure about the LT1 tuning angle. I know a guy
who had a shop assistant with TunerCat but no idea
whether that's still in play.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Resident

Awesome, thanks jimmy I'll give South tire a call. US 1 is one road i am familiar with lol. Only been here 3 days though. Bigger area then I thought really!
Old 06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look up MMR23 on here he does the best work.As far as tune im not to shure faster prom's in LandOLakes is really with LT1's good that is over by Tampa about a 2.5 hr ride from you

www.fasterproms.net

Last edited by ALH442; 06-06-2011 at 05:20 PM. Reason: updated
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

mrr23
http://www.tredalign.com/

It's Orlando but worth the trip!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Charlie Whites Automotive in Merritt Island!!!

Call and talk to him, tell him your issues, stands behind his work!
Old 06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Steve68, I just seen Charlie Whites Automotive down that way today. Seemed like a hole in the wall but hell it seems like most places like that know there ****, lol! I'm gonna stop by there tomorrow actually. Also gonna stop by South tire since they are both right around here. Thanks guys. Hope to see you florida guys out sometime or another. Just blipped the throttle tonight when moving my car from the hotle to the new house and damn I can tell some low and mid range power for sure with my new AI setup. Pretty impressed and I havent even opened her up all the way of course because I need my **** aligned. Cant wait to get her to the track and on a few cruises around town lol!