Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Orlando Speedworld Rises From The Dead!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Orlando Speedworld Rises From The Dead!!

This is great news...very excited!!

Check it out here: www.ndima.com/news

Story is titled: "NDIMA's Role in Orlando Speedworld"
Old 01-31-2013, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

I'm glad there's finally something official instead of just rumors
Old 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
Teching In

Me too...I've been kinda loosing my mind about all this for a few months.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

The rumor mill was buzzing full steam for most of 2012 regarding the unknown fate of one of Florida’s longest running tracks, Orlando Speedworld. The rumors spanned the usual suspects a large plot of mostly undeveloped land can be used for; building a new residential subdivision, opening a regional distribution center for major retailers and many other tall tales. The rumors got so out of hand that people far outside automotive culture were calling me telling me the “news” they heard about “that track in Orlando.”

The thought of losing a Florida racing landmark left many of us with heavy hearts, and for good reason. Orlando Speedworld has been in Hollywood movies, hosted some of the largest events in drag racing, and is by far the most geographically perfect venue for racing events in Florida. The location is perfect for visitors traveling from near and far with great weather year round and an endless amount of attractions in the area entertaining fans well beyond just the racing events.

Today NDIMA is proud to announce that Orlando Speedworld is under new management and WILL REMAIN OPEN for years to come. To celebrate the continued operation of such a legendary venue NDIMA is holding two events at Orlando Speedworld in March 2013. Our opening weekend will take advantage of the figure 8 track for the first edition of NDIMAdrift. Orlando Speedworld is where much of Florida’s flourishing drifting scene started. Drifters found great success racing through the banked corners testing the limits of speed sliding thru the turns while perfecting their craft and entertaining fans. NDIMAdrift kicks off March 2-3, 2013 at Orlando Speedworld.

The drag strip is receiving some much needed refurbishing in the coming weeks in preparation for NDIMA’s first drag event of 2013. At the end of March prepare for NDIMAdrag to take over our new home track with a blowout pitting fire breathing domestics vs the most finely tuned imports Florida has to offer. Orlando Speedworld is bringing fans a taste of the glory days with an event for everyone to enjoy featuring epic battles on the drag strip, elite displays in the car show and a time attack on the figure eight track.

This is THE EVENT to kick off racing season and we can’t express how happy we are to bring NDIMA to Orlando. Requests have poured in thru our website and Facebook pages to bring the event to a more central location and here you have it. When the news hit that Orlando Speedworld was back in action we jumped at the chance to bring NDIMA to such a perfect location, rich with drag racing history and loyal racers. Not only is Orlando Speedworld Reopening, it’s now NDIMA’s official home track!

We’ll see you March 2-3, 2013 for NDIMAdrift at Orlando Speedworld followed by NDIMAdrag at the end of March. It’s time to dust off all those projects you put off during the holidays and get out there and enjoy the beautiful spring weather in Orlando!!
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Oh what the hell??? Here we go again...back to praying i guess.

A quote from Ozzy today:

I need to come and clear the air just a little. I have purchased the Orlando Speedworld circle track and have started renovations to be able to begin races and events at the circle track sometime in March. I am in continued negotiations with Carl on purchasing the lease for the drag strip. As of now, nothing is etched in stone and any information of me having purchased the drag strip or the lease for the drag strip is just rumor and speculation at this point. Again, I am in continued negotiations with Carl and hope that he and I will be able to come to some sort of agreement soon. He has been more than gracious in working with me and we are continuing the process as quickly as we can. I'm sorry for anyone who is speaking on my behalf about purchasing the drag strip. I am trying, but am not there yet. Hopefully we will have more news soon. Sorry for any inconvienence, but this is the information as it stands today. Thanks Ozzy
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn roller coaster ride.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

we've all just been taken for a ride on the trollercoaster
Old 02-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Teching In

And today's quote from the man himself...!!

"At this time I am pleased to announce that I, Ozzy Moya owner of DCM Motorsports have acquired the assets of Orlando Speedworld Dragway. Many thanks go to Carl Weisninger for his efforts in finalizing the deal and the Hart family for all their energies in the negotiations. There was little give and take on both sides and it was a lot of work and I cannot express enough in thanks to Carl and the Hart family for helping bring the deal to a close. With the acquisition of the Circle Track and our partnership with NASCAR and now with the drag strip, we look forward to making it one of the premier racing complexes in the country. We plan on bringing the same kind of energy and enthusiasm to the circle track and drag strip in Orlando that we have used at Lakeland, to make it the best it can be. I can assure that racing at both facilities will continue for at least the next 20 years. We will keep people informed on an opening date at the drag strip as soon as the information is available, but it will be very, very soon. As for the LakelandDragstrip...nothing is going to change there at all. We will continue to make it better and strive to have it be the best 1/8 mile track in the country. We are extremely excited about the possibilities for racing in both Orlando and Lakeland. Racing information will be available very soon. We Got It! We Did It! And now LET'S GO RACING! Ozzy"

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...535728&page=36

Quick Reply: Orlando Speedworld Rises From The Dead!!