Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

UCF CAR CLUB. Meets Wed nights on campus.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default UCF CAR CLUB. Meets Wed nights on campus.

hey guys interested in the UCF Car Club?

WHERE UCF campus, 3rd floor, on the side closest to the Classroom building of the parking garage near the UCF arena.
WHEN Wednesday nights, 9-9:30ish to whenever(been as late as midnight)

We allow non-ucf members to hang out but no BS, like burnouts, speeding around etc... UCF cops watch us and they are itching to call out the UCF swat team.(technically I am not eligible to join)

To be eligible to join you have to be a student, staff, or alumni of UCF.

Last week I think we had 20 cars? 6-7 f-bodies... and few regulars didn't make it out. Still starting off... We are planning on working on some fliers at the meeting to get more members. Posted on some Mustang Boards to get more of them out, we only have one Mach 1 consistantly show up.

We have a track day planned for friday if the weather is good.(I'm moving all day so I doubt I'll make it)

Future plans of carshows, track days, autocrossing, maybe dyno days. And of course... getting money from SGA, to help fund the club.

What benefits of joining? Its a pretty much all makes/models included club. This club isn't all "riced out" and we have the name of UCF backing us. So when we try to do things as a club, we have a little more credibility then lets say the local car club "Team Mega Speed"(yes an actual local club) And SGA funding. We are hoping to get SGA funding to help us get a discount, or even free track usage. Maybe in the future if the club is big enough track rentals(road courses and dragstrip)

Another benefit my girlfriends professional fraternity got free admission to a camp ground free because they were related to UCF and SGA money paid for all the food/supplies for them to go camping. I got to tag along and it was a blast.

So if your interested come on out and check it out. We are small at the moment but looking to expand. Think of how many nice cars you see on campus.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric if I ever get a night off work (like a wednesday) I'll try to make it out there. I took a summer class at UCF if that counts lol, although I'm a fulltime student at FAU. You gonna be at this weeks MSCC event too? I should have the new rims on by then!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
Staging Lane

Its a great club, y'all should come check it out. If you arent a student then oh well, still come check it out. Its a nice quiet scene where you can really discuss cars and stuff without interruptions.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

I'll definitely try to make it out sometime soon, if I have the night off.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Staging Lane

Good stuff...we're out there rain or shine cause we're in a parkin garage. Hope to see you soon.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
Eric if I ever get a night off work (like a wednesday) I'll try to make it out there. I took a summer class at UCF if that counts lol, although I'm a fulltime student at FAU. You gonna be at this weeks MSCC event too? I should have the new rims on by then!
nah wish I could make it but I am stuck moving all weekend, Really wish I could to Steve Yennisch won't be there so maybe I might of had a chance to win my class.

come on out if you can sometime...

you too mike...

we had a good turn out, 30-35 cars 9 of them f-bodies.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Banned

that sucks man, I just got new rims! I went with the black Z06 Motorsports and I just ordered BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW2s today so I'm excited about Autocrossing with good tires for once!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:02 AM
Staging Lane

I'll try and make the track day on Friday
Old 07-07-2005, 06:16 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
that sucks man, I just got new rims! I went with the black Z06 Motorsports and I just ordered BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW2s today so I'm excited about Autocrossing with good tires for once!
cool, I really wish I could try a race tire sometime but not sure when I will be able to afford them.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

hmm... dare i be the only UCF GTO owner that shows up?? i'll think about it
Old 07-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

bring it on out one day...
Old 07-07-2005, 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

UCF alumni here, any girls gonna be around ?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Junkie

humm... i might be able to make it out there my only problem is when i go to the main campus for classes i dont usally drive my car (lovebugs, miles, rocks,gas milage) but hell its only 20 something min away from me ...
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Launching!

bring the GTO out, we coudl use some diversity... I am working on trying to get some mustang guys out too... always good to have something differnt to talk about then changing shitty power window motors, or tranny mounts or whatever common problem on f-bodies
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

power steering pumps...my LT1 is broken, your LS1 doesnt sound like an LS1 , I'll give you my 3rd gen for free, its sitting on blocks in my yard with no wheels etc...

Quick Reply: UCF CAR CLUB. Meets Wed nights on campus.