Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

mother f*cker!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default mother f*cker!

I'm pretty pissed right now. I got hit in a Walmart parking lot. Yeah there isn't much damage, just some paint missing on the fender, cracked paint on the bumper, and you can see where the other vehicle's tire hit my wheel. Very small vibration when I turn left. I'm just pissed at these people though! There should be like 10 traffic cops in Walmart parking lots, people drive so retarded. I was right in front of the store, vehicle in front of me is stopped. Impatient people are going around, I guess disregarding the fact that me and the vehicle in front or me are probably stopped due to people! So this blue minivan decides to go around me, then turn into my front fender, WTF?!?! I'm really pissed cause I couldn't avoid it, had no where to go. I'm not cleaning this car til I'm done with insurance and such, told the insurance lady I didn't get any witnesses but I bet that **** is on tape! I'm ******* irate right now. I'm down for FL residents to have to take a advanced driving course one a year and pass a tougher exam once you are over 40 yrs. old.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wonder of all the old people down here. I almost had a head on yesterday when some old coot decided to turn right in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and missed him, but of course HE gives ME the dirty look.

You really have to be a sharp driver and watch the others around these parts.

Sorry about the parking lot scrape. I assume you got a police report? Check and see if Wal Mart has the tape.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

I know exactly what you guys mean by old people, I was at a redlight at an intersection and to my right was an off ramp for another highly used road.

This semi was coming down the off ramp and used the full yellow light to red upon turning left. My light turns green and I begine to pull into the intersection and "slam" this brand new white Toyota Corrola slams into my right front. I'm pissed as hell b/c A. I was on my way back to work with my lunch and hungry as hell, and B. later that night I would have been installing my STS kit.
Long story short the FHP writes the report and I look at her information and her birthdate said 1916!!! Ohh yeah not a typo for 1961 but 1916. 90 ****** years old at the time! WTF???

Dirving classes are only the beginning, once you cross a certain age(70 or so) due to safety of yourself and others you should not be allowed to drive! IMO
Old 10-06-2007, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never park your F-body at any store that has "MART" or "CLUB" in it's name.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

sux to hear. but florida people drive like idiots. all of them own the road. and you have to give them the right of way no matter what situation. and you have to let them in front of you. but if you need to get over a lane good luck doing that. sucks man I hope it all works out.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2001NBMZ28
Never park your F-body at any store that has "MART" or "CLUB" in it's name.
Not even... Don't park your F-body anywhere where it's out of your line of sight.

ESPECIALLY in wonderful, sunny Florida.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Word! Don't even get me started on the subject. I live in the retirement capital of the state, Citrus county, and it's nothing but crown vics, and lincoln's w/senior citizens. Thank God for the Baer and Hawk companies.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sucks dude! Hopefully it was cut-and-dry "their fault" and the insurance takes care of you. Take it to a dealership to repairs!

Anyway, I love my beater truck I have now (below)... 2.3L, 4-banger, no PS, no AC, cracked windshield, messed up radio, dents and dings gallore, faded/blemished paint.... OH YEAH ...... I would practically lay out an invitation to swerve into my lane or bang your car door into mine! hahaa.. "go right ahead *****! My car already looks like a piece of **** and I could use the insurance money and injury settlement for mods on the camaro!!"

Old 10-06-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm like Eric^^^^^ the right thing to do, !
Old 10-06-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Junkie

^ I've tried to buy a beater...

Each time I have, I ending up restoring every little thing on it until I'm afraid to park it anywhere as is the case with the TA.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bdford
Word! Don't even get me started on the subject. I live in the retirement capital of the state, Citrus county, and it's nothing but crown vics, and lincoln's w/senior citizens. Thank God for the Baer and Hawk companies.
I was up there with my work truck last week. A 98ish Dodge ram rolled through a Red left turn. I live in Spring Hill.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
^ I've tried to buy a beater...

Each time I have, I ending up restoring every little thing on it until I'm afraid to park it anywhere as is the case with the TA.
hehe... I get the urge all the time to improve things on mine but, I keep reminding myself it would defeat the purpose. I started thinking about quieting the exhaust down and maybe stiffening up the rear suspension for hauling crap.... before I knew it I was looking into headers and CAI ideas, and then onto wondering how easy it would be to pull the motor and rebuild it.... had to stop myself! haha!
Old 10-08-2007, 06:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I've got a 88 Silverado stepside that is destined to be the beater, but its up on jackstands for front end work at the moment. Its got 212,000 miles on it, gotta expect some stuff to be worn out.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Staging Lane

I hear ya on old people, to get to my grandparents' house in Ruskin I have to pass through Sun City Center. Thank God for ABS disc brakes. And good suspension. Hopefully with my new mods I should be able to scare people out of my lane especially in the next few weeks while I'm on straight pipes stuck on the headers. I'm gonna go even deafer than I am now! lol
Old 11-04-2007, 05:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Well the good side to all this is that State Farm cut me a $510 check, so my 58mm throttle body is on the way and I have cash left over to get my roll bar installed.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:49 AM
12 Second Club

i try to only drive the beater to supercenters, ***** going to happen when over 50% of the people driving there cant read the signs
Old 11-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Teching In

I have a set of train horns I am putting on my Avalanche. That should let these old coots know to watch where the hell they are going. And at 153db, they should not need their hearing aids on to know something is there!

Too bad I cannot find a place on the TA to mount them. These are BIG.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Fog light holes?

My beater is still on jackstands, I'm very unmotivated, might change now that the weather is nice and not 90+ finally.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Launching!

Good to hear very thing worked out........
Old 11-05-2007, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

I know just how pissed you are. Mine got the front left fender ran over
in a winn dixie parking lot. The thing is, I always park as far away as I
can from the store doors. The redneck idiot didnt even bother to leave
any info, or even a note that said sorry. Insurance didnt cover it, it
costed us $1200 to fix it, and she had just gotten painted 1 year earlier.
It still pisses me off when I have to drive thru Oceanway(Jax).

Quick Reply: mother f*cker!