Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Forced Induction Hall of Fame

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kp, Fireball, and MM get my votes. All three with extremely fast cars and all willing to help you out
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim and Dan over Speed Inc.. Also John Lingenfelter who was one of the first to strap turbo's on Corvettes and Fbody's!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey KP and PSJ...who had the fastest Procharged car in 2003 besides Duke? HMMMM and who's combo did you guys kinda map your after....I think that was me..LOLOL

I vote for Kurt Urban..
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottywheels
Hey KP and PSJ...who had the fastest Procharged car in 2003 besides Duke? HMMMM and who's combo did you guys kinda map your after....I think that was me..LOLOL

I vote for Kurt Urban..
I wouldnt go that far lol.

I was one oif the first guys to own a Procharger kit for an LS F-body. Think it was late 2000/early 2001, ran 11.30 with a 100% stock engine and MAC headers cats and all, full emissions and weight. Thats back when PSJ was still shooting ducks on the dyno with his ARE 417 or whatever it was.

And every procharged LS car since then has been just a refinement of that first one, all the way down to 8.90 or so. In the middle were a couple N/A C5s, a solid roller N/A car and a nitrous LS1 car.

Actually Steve (JustMe if you remember him) and I were always kind of fighting the low dollar procharger vs vortech fight. Steve was a good guy and a huge asset to the early LS1.com community along with quite a few others.

PSJ went the YSi route because of Kurgan I imagine.

Not to take away from what you guys were doing, no doubt you were one of the first guys to strap an F1 on a LS1 car, I remember it well. But I was a low bucker and you were a baller at the time, your car in 2003 had more potential than mine had in 2008. I just have 30 years experience of getting just about anything down a dragstrip quick and it pays off sometimes
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
I wouldnt go that far lol.

I was one oif the first guys to own a Procharger kit for an LS F-body. Think it was late 2000/early 2001, ran 11.30 with a 100% stock engine and MAC headers cats and all, full emissions and weight. Thats back when PSJ was still shooting ducks on the dyno with his ARE 417 or whatever it was.

And every procharged LS car since then has been just a refinement of that first one, all the way down to 8.90 or so. In the middle were a couple N/A C5s, a solid roller N/A car and a nitrous LS1 car.

Actually Steve (JustMe if you remember him) and I were always kind of fighting the low dollar procharger vs vortech fight. Steve was a good guy and a huge asset to the early LS1.com community along with quite a few others.

PSJ went the YSi route because of Kurgan I imagine.

Not to take away from what you guys were doing, no doubt you were one of the first guys to strap an F1 on a LS1 car, I remember it well. But I was a low bucker and you were a baller at the time, your car in 2003 had more potential than mine had in 2008. I just have 30 years experience of getting just about anything down a dragstrip quick and it pays off sometimes
Well put buddy, not to mention in 2004 when I had issues with the car I sold it. So now I move on to a 2010 and build a custom 76mm turbo set up for it...Yippy.........

How are you man..?
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by scottywheels
Well put buddy, not to mention in 2004 when I had issues with the car I sold it. So now I move on to a 2010 and build a custom 76mm turbo set up for it...Yippy.........

How are you man..?
Everything is great here, been too hot to play with the new car much but its already ran what I wanted it to so I'm kinda bored with it already lol.

I'll probably pick up a new camaro one of these days when the local dealers top bending people over. I have a new G8 that I have been playing with, way more practical for me with a couple kids. But to me a 'cool' car has 2 doors, good lock with the 2010.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
Everything is great here, been too hot to play with the new car much but its already ran what I wanted it to so I'm kinda bored with it already lol.

I'll probably pick up a new camaro one of these days when the local dealers top bending people over. I have a new G8 that I have been playing with, way more practical for me with a couple kids. But to me a 'cool' car has 2 doors, good lock with the 2010.
I didn't see that one coming
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
I didn't see that one coming
Yea, I havent even started it for a couple months, shame really since its a nice car. I picked up a fixer-upper junior dragster for my older son and that has been taking up a lot of time, its a pretty high maintenance little thing compared to a real car..
Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

My vote goes for KP.

He is one of those guys that has been tearing blood with the construction of a car such as that Black bird!!! From the ground to the sky.

C'mon!! He aligns his own car's suspension
Old 07-10-2009, 06:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph

C'mon!! He aligns his own car's suspension
he's not the only one...amazing what one can do with some string, a tape measure and some angle finders
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
9 Second Club

Just saw this. For me its definitely Matt Harlan! I waited for his every post and always cut/paste into a text file anything technical he said. Most of us all have owned a harlan 2 step and/or his shiftlight.
Next would be Mightymouse. Dave has torn up damn near as much as me. He would post his results...failures and then get back after it. He let you know that you werent the only one who had problems. Lots of guys never post their failures but Dave did.
Next would be Parish. A few of my friends have FI trucks and they looked at him like I did Harlan...idolized even. He made people believe that a big *** truck could haul *** too.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Teching In

To give credit where credit is due...Josh, owner/partner in Late Model Racecraft has built some of the fastest FI cars in the world and has been out running y'alls forced induction heros for years...and has built all of the turbo cars Wormboy has ever driven. Kinda funny cars he has built made mention in the "fastest forced induction thread" but not here...

Needless to say, my vote goes to him...
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00'BlueSS
To give credit where credit is due...Josh, owner/partner in Late Model Racecraft has built some of the fastest FI cars in the world and has been out running y'alls forced induction heros for years...and has built all of the turbo cars Wormboy has ever driven. Kinda funny cars he has built made mention in the "fastest forced induction thread" but not here...

Needless to say, my vote goes to him...
yeah i was just realizing that too, another vote for Josh and Steven. the way i see it the 2 of them make it all happen as a team.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

If I only can vote once, I'd have to go with kp for sure. Being a procharger guy myself, its always him that I look up to and hope to be as cool as one day lol.. Seriously tho, he is still on the board and helping all sorts of people and giving solid advice which people can take as gospel since he has proven fast, reliable setups time and time again. Not to mention, if you go 5 pages deep into a thread, kp will be right there following it and helping out all along, not just answering the original post, but following up on the evolving dynamics of the domino questions that always pop up.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
8 second mod

Matt was a big help to me as well, i remember watching his car and dreaming. it wasnt easy, thats for sure. loved the 6 speed, loved braking my rear end, 7 or 8 clutches in 2 years, couple drive shafts and a couple trannys. but back in the day she was pretty fast. 10.6 132 was in the top for sure.
loved it. wish i had an ato and better tires etc and got a real number out of her

RR was a big wig as well, he was the man for a while
Old 10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

1. Matt Harlen(y2khawk) with 24 votes
2. Kevin Pulchan (KP) tied with David Childress (MIGHTYMOUSE) with 15 votes
3. Parish with 7 votes
4. Kurt Urban with 6 votes
[B]5. PSJ, Jim from Speed Inc, and (Wormboy)Steve Fereday round out the top with 4 votes[/B

List is updated. These guys have earned it!
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, 10.914@ 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/...ebird-formula/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be

Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Launching!

My vote is mighty mouse but i thought he was running a 3.08 rear end...
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

its somethin in that range for certain.. 3.0 something
Old 11-18-2009, 05:14 AM
TECH Addict

Dave (Mightymouse) and Kevin (KP) are at the top of my list. They are more of a DIY guy, and have tried numerous combinations and are always willing to post results. Most guys on here fit the DIY bill. Sure, most shops have the cash to do bigger builds and what not. I just like how they are typical garage guys who get the job done time and time again.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Banned

where is harlans setup with pics done search but cant find ****...
i knw his name is y2khawk

Quick Reply: LS1 Forced Induction Hall of Fame