LS1 Forced Induction Hall of Fame - Page 5 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 Forced Induction Hall of Fame

 
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM
  #81  
11 Second Club
iTrader: (43)
 
98Camarod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 5,364
Default

Kp, Fireball, and MM get my votes. All three with extremely fast cars and all willing to help you out
98Camarod is offline  
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 PM
  #82  
TECH Regular
 
LINGENFELTER SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 467
Default

Jim and Dan over Speed Inc.. Also John Lingenfelter who was one of the first to strap turbo's on Corvettes and Fbody's!!
LINGENFELTER SS is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 09:03 PM
  #83  
TECH Addict
 
scottywheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,859
Default

Hey KP and PSJ...who had the fastest Procharged car in 2003 besides Duke? HMMMM and who's combo did you guys kinda map your after....I think that was me..LOLOL

I vote for Kurt Urban..
scottywheels is offline  
Old 06-16-2009, 10:54 PM
  #84  
kp
8 Second Club
iTrader: (34)
 
kp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,855
Default

Originally Posted by scottywheels View Post
Hey KP and PSJ...who had the fastest Procharged car in 2003 besides Duke? HMMMM and who's combo did you guys kinda map your after....I think that was me..LOLOL

I vote for Kurt Urban..
I wouldnt go that far lol.

I was one oif the first guys to own a Procharger kit for an LS F-body. Think it was late 2000/early 2001, ran 11.30 with a 100% stock engine and MAC headers cats and all, full emissions and weight. Thats back when PSJ was still shooting ducks on the dyno with his ARE 417 or whatever it was.

And every procharged LS car since then has been just a refinement of that first one, all the way down to 8.90 or so. In the middle were a couple N/A C5s, a solid roller N/A car and a nitrous LS1 car.

Actually Steve (JustMe if you remember him) and I were always kind of fighting the low dollar procharger vs vortech fight. Steve was a good guy and a huge asset to the early LS1.com community along with quite a few others.

PSJ went the YSi route because of Kurgan I imagine.

Not to take away from what you guys were doing, no doubt you were one of the first guys to strap an F1 on a LS1 car, I remember it well. But I was a low bucker and you were a baller at the time, your car in 2003 had more potential than mine had in 2008. I just have 30 years experience of getting just about anything down a dragstrip quick and it pays off sometimes
kp is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 03:27 PM
  #85  
TECH Addict
 
scottywheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,859
Default

Originally Posted by kp View Post
I wouldnt go that far lol.

I was one oif the first guys to own a Procharger kit for an LS F-body. Think it was late 2000/early 2001, ran 11.30 with a 100% stock engine and MAC headers cats and all, full emissions and weight. Thats back when PSJ was still shooting ducks on the dyno with his ARE 417 or whatever it was.

And every procharged LS car since then has been just a refinement of that first one, all the way down to 8.90 or so. In the middle were a couple N/A C5s, a solid roller N/A car and a nitrous LS1 car.

Actually Steve (JustMe if you remember him) and I were always kind of fighting the low dollar procharger vs vortech fight. Steve was a good guy and a huge asset to the early LS1.com community along with quite a few others.

PSJ went the YSi route because of Kurgan I imagine.

Not to take away from what you guys were doing, no doubt you were one of the first guys to strap an F1 on a LS1 car, I remember it well. But I was a low bucker and you were a baller at the time, your car in 2003 had more potential than mine had in 2008. I just have 30 years experience of getting just about anything down a dragstrip quick and it pays off sometimes
Well put buddy, not to mention in 2004 when I had issues with the car I sold it. So now I move on to a 2010 and build a custom 76mm turbo set up for it...Yippy.........

How are you man..?
scottywheels is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 04:06 PM
  #86  
kp
8 Second Club
iTrader: (34)
 
kp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,855
Default

Originally Posted by scottywheels View Post
Well put buddy, not to mention in 2004 when I had issues with the car I sold it. So now I move on to a 2010 and build a custom 76mm turbo set up for it...Yippy.........

How are you man..?
Everything is great here, been too hot to play with the new car much but its already ran what I wanted it to so I'm kinda bored with it already lol.

I'll probably pick up a new camaro one of these days when the local dealers top bending people over. I have a new G8 that I have been playing with, way more practical for me with a couple kids. But to me a 'cool' car has 2 doors, good lock with the 2010.
kp is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
  #87  
11 Second Club
iTrader: (43)
 
98Camarod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 5,364
Default

Originally Posted by kp View Post
Everything is great here, been too hot to play with the new car much but its already ran what I wanted it to so I'm kinda bored with it already lol.

I'll probably pick up a new camaro one of these days when the local dealers top bending people over. I have a new G8 that I have been playing with, way more practical for me with a couple kids. But to me a 'cool' car has 2 doors, good lock with the 2010.
I didn't see that one coming
98Camarod is offline  
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 AM
  #88  
kp
8 Second Club
iTrader: (34)
 
kp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 10,855
Default

Originally Posted by 98Camarod View Post
I didn't see that one coming
Yea, I havent even started it for a couple months, shame really since its a nice car. I picked up a fixer-upper junior dragster for my older son and that has been taking up a lot of time, its a pretty high maintenance little thing compared to a real car..
kp is offline  
Old 07-09-2009, 03:20 PM
  #89  
On The Tree
iTrader: (1)
 
Rudolph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Mexico City
Posts: 160
Default

My vote goes for KP.

He is one of those guys that has been tearing blood with the construction of a car such as that Black bird!!! From the ground to the sky.

C'mon!! He aligns his own car's suspension
Rudolph is offline  
Old 07-10-2009, 06:15 AM
  #90  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Fireball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cecil County Raceway!!!
Posts: 8,479
Default

Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

C'mon!! He aligns his own car's suspension
he's not the only one...amazing what one can do with some string, a tape measure and some angle finders
Fireball is offline  
Old 09-14-2009, 07:33 PM
  #91  
9 Second Club
iTrader: (37)
 
cablebandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 7,911
Default

Just saw this. For me its definitely Matt Harlan! I waited for his every post and always cut/paste into a text file anything technical he said. Most of us all have owned a harlan 2 step and/or his shiftlight.
Next would be Mightymouse. Dave has torn up damn near as much as me. He would post his results...failures and then get back after it. He let you know that you werent the only one who had problems. Lots of guys never post their failures but Dave did.
Next would be Parish. A few of my friends have FI trucks and they looked at him like I did Harlan...idolized even. He made people believe that a big *** truck could haul *** too.
cablebandit is offline  
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 AM
  #92  
Teching In
 
00'BlueSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cypress
Posts: 17
Default

To give credit where credit is due...Josh, owner/partner in Late Model Racecraft has built some of the fastest FI cars in the world and has been out running y'alls forced induction heros for years...and has built all of the turbo cars Wormboy has ever driven. Kinda funny cars he has built made mention in the "fastest forced induction thread" but not here...

Needless to say, my vote goes to him...
00'BlueSS is offline  
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM
  #93  
TECH Fanatic
iTrader: (19)
 
CarsandWomen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: houston TX
Posts: 1,497
Default

Originally Posted by 00'BlueSS View Post
To give credit where credit is due...Josh, owner/partner in Late Model Racecraft has built some of the fastest FI cars in the world and has been out running y'alls forced induction heros for years...and has built all of the turbo cars Wormboy has ever driven. Kinda funny cars he has built made mention in the "fastest forced induction thread" but not here...

Needless to say, my vote goes to him...
yeah i was just realizing that too, another vote for Josh and Steven. the way i see it the 2 of them make it all happen as a team.
CarsandWomen is offline  
Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 AM
  #94  
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip
iTrader: (50)
 
ChevyChad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,093
Default

If I only can vote once, I'd have to go with kp for sure. Being a procharger guy myself, its always him that I look up to and hope to be as cool as one day lol.. Seriously tho, he is still on the board and helping all sorts of people and giving solid advice which people can take as gospel since he has proven fast, reliable setups time and time again. Not to mention, if you go 5 pages deep into a thread, kp will be right there following it and helping out all along, not just answering the original post, but following up on the evolving dynamics of the domino questions that always pop up.
ChevyChad is offline  
Old 10-06-2009, 08:21 AM
  #95  
8 second mod
iTrader: (37)
 
Noyzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: East Side Performance! mASShole
Posts: 17,881
Default

Matt was a big help to me as well, i remember watching his car and dreaming. it wasnt easy, thats for sure. loved the 6 speed, loved braking my rear end, 7 or 8 clutches in 2 years, couple drive shafts and a couple trannys. but back in the day she was pretty fast. 10.6 132 was in the top for sure.
loved it. wish i had an ato and better tires etc and got a real number out of her


RR was a big wig as well, he was the man for a while
Noyzee is offline  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:56 PM
  #96  
LS1TECH Sponsor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Jon@BruteSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Under my Formula
Posts: 660
Default

1. Matt Harlen(y2khawk) with 24 votes
2. Kevin Pulchan (KP) tied with David Childress (MIGHTYMOUSE) with 15 votes
3. Parish with 7 votes
4. Kurt Urban with 6 votes
[B]5. PSJ, Jim from Speed Inc, and (Wormboy)Steve Fereday round out the top with 4 votes[/B

List is updated. These guys have earned it!
__________________
95 Pontiac Formula- Stock engine with ATI Procharger, Moser 12 bolt w/4:30 gears, Rossler trans, Neil Chance 4000 stall, M/T ET streets, [email protected] 121.90mph, 1.452 60ft. GMHTP November 2010 Feature Car. Check it out at:
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...a/viewall.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abZ1z...ature=youtu.be
Jon@BruteSpeed is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
  #97  
Launching!
iTrader: (14)
 
CARFREAKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: MICHIGAN
Posts: 254
Default

My vote is mighty mouse but i thought he was running a 3.08 rear end...
CARFREAKS is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 04:09 PM
  #98  
TECH Senior Member
iTrader: (59)
 
MIGHTYMOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,960
Default

its somethin in that range for certain.. 3.0 something
MIGHTYMOUSE is offline  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:14 AM
  #99  
TECH Addict
iTrader: (53)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Aston, PA
Posts: 2,862
Default

Dave (Mightymouse) and Kevin (KP) are at the top of my list. They are more of a DIY guy, and have tried numerous combinations and are always willing to post results. Most guys on here fit the DIY bill. Sure, most shops have the cash to do bigger builds and what not. I just like how they are typical garage guys who get the job done time and time again.
White.Lightning is offline  
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
  #100  
Banned
iTrader: (9)
 
TPRDFW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Banned Scammer The Pat WS6
Posts: 141
Default

where is harlans setup with pics done search but cant find ****...
i knw his name is y2khawk
TPRDFW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 Forced Induction Hall of Fame


About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: