Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Kit with UMI K-Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 06:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation APS Kit with UMI K-Member

Does the UMI K-Member work with the APS Turbo kit? I know it was designed around the BMR, but I can get the UMI real cheap.

I doubt I'll ever get around to doing a turbo setup, but I always want to keep my options open.

Need answers real fast if possible
Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=39

We made it work on this Firehawk. Bob
Old 11-29-2008, 07:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=39

We made it work on this Firehawk. Bob
lol, I was just reading that.

It said that you need to drop it a little to make it fit with the UMI. If it were a BMR, would it have slid in place or would you still had to have dropped it?
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

i believe it would just slide right into place with no issues. but if you can get that umi k member cheap i think it would be more worth dropping it a little bit and saving yourself a little extra cash. by the way thats a beautiful ride you have there.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fast_94_Z
i believe it would just slide right into place with no issues. but if you can get that umi k member cheap i think it would be more worth dropping it a little bit and saving yourself a little extra cash. by the way thats a beautiful ride you have there.
Thanks man, I just bought the UMI K and Lower A-Arms. Sweet friggin deal

Thanks for the compliments, I love the car but I recently lost control on a cold rainy day and sent it up on a curb damaging one of the CCWs and torching the stock k-member

I went to a frame alignment shop and they said the unibody is perfect, but I need a new K-Member and probably lower A-Arms. Cost me $250 to tell me the body is ok but it was well worth the peace of mind
Old 12-01-2008, 12:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

UMI told me their K member will work with the APS kit. They said you have to clock one of the turbos a little differently to make it work. I think Ryan was the one that told me that.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Umi

Im running one with no problems at all and wouldnt trade my UMI K member for any other out there right nowI started out with a PA Racing, looked cheaply made. Bought a BMR and still wasnt totaly happy. Bought the UMI and am so glad i stayed with it! You made the right move guy!!Good luck with your build!The only issue i had was the steering arm rubbing on the inlet drivers side hose alittle, which i fixed by putting a 3 or 4'' stainless muffler band type clamp inbetween the two
Old 12-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Banned

barnet,
you got to post a pic of that clamp. i understand. but to see it would be better.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by barnat
Im running one with no problems at all and wouldnt trade my UMI K member for any other out there right nowI started out with a PA Racing, looked cheaply made. Bought a BMR and still wasnt totaly happy. Bought the UMI and am so glad i stayed with it! You made the right move guy!!Good luck with your build!The only issue i had was the steering arm rubbing on the inlet drivers side hose alittle, which i fixed by putting a 3 or 4'' stainless muffler band type clamp inbetween the two
Are you using the standard k member or the beefier road race version?

Quick Reply: APS Kit with UMI K-Member