Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Our race track just banned forced induction cars from street nights

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Our race track just banned forced induction cars from street nights

This sucks. If you have aftermarket mods to your car they now consider you a race car and will not let you run on the street night.

http://www.lvms.com/news/strip_news/529515.html

I tell people all the time how horribly this track is run but many don't believe me. Thier stupidity supercedes them. They will go from 400+ racers showing up for midnight mayhem to having 100 or so kids in their moms accord ripping off mad 16-18 sec passes while not having their time displayed.

Time for me to rethink my cars setup. I liked going to the track because I didn't have to worry about cops when making high speed runs and got to see the results of changes to the car. Looks like I need to go full race car if I want to run at the track They don't have a lot of TNT's either, and they are always busy as hell because of it. Lucky to get 3 passes for 50-75 bux. I guess it's time to quit racing.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

fvcking gay!
not even the slow *** skittles with cai and such will be able to attend because there racecars?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
fvcking gay!
not even the slow *** skittles with cai and such will be able to attend because there racecars?
They are OK because it's factory FI. Aftermarket FI is not allowed. A lot of the cars that show up for this event are turbo'd with aftermarket kits.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

damn.. what's garth going to do! and i was going to come down and run this year too

regardless of what car. i think they will loose a lot of $$ for Midnight Mayhem. i dont think it will last to long

Last edited by hawk584; 01-08-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think it just says you have to have your safety eqpt right? thats what i thought i got from reading it
Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF? Dont quit racing Z, Thats crazy they would do some **** like that.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

That has to be one of the gayest things I have ever heard of a track doing. Wow.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

Holy ****, thats the most rediculous thing ive ever read. i love how they put power adders in quotes like its some unknown mysterious thing.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

from what i just read, they may have contradicted them selves...?

Cars with performance modifications and "power-adders" that alter its performance and/or appearance from OEM stock will be considered a racing vehicle and must meet the rules guidelines that apply to the NHRA E.T. category in the 2009 NHRA rulebook.

then...

Supercharger, turbocharger: Original OEM supercharger or turbocharger permitted. Any non-OEM, high helix, or screw-type supercharger prohibited.

from how i read it, if your super, or turbo'ed, you have to
meet the rules guidelines that apply to the NHRA E.T. category in the 2009 NHRA rulebook
and it says nothing for N02
Old 01-08-2009, 06:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
i think it just says you have to have your safety eqpt right? thats what i thought i got from reading it
sounds like it to me, but it also sounds like they are steering cars like zombies to TNT nights or race days.

Zombie they have a link to their forum to discuss, might want to post up there about your set up and see if they can clear up any questions with concrete info.

Post up here with what you find, as this is a big bummer if they do exclude vehicles with aftermarket FI kits

J
Old 01-08-2009, 06:53 PM
10 Second Club

They do contridict themselves which is completely normal for them. You can't get two consistant stories from anyone that works there when asked the same question. No one knows anything.

I could run TNT days, but they don't have a whole lot of them. When they do have them they are almost exclusively dominated by Jr. Dragsters and those stupid things take FOREVER to run which screws over anyone who really wants to test. You are lucky to get 3 passes on a typical TNT during a 6 hour session. That's not a lot if you are trying to test a car.

Last time I went to a TNT (in my old 98 z28) they had the lanes setup by pro tree and sportsman tree. I paid $40 and wanted to run pro tree off my foot brake for practice. After a 1.5 hour wait they finally let my lane go. When I'm finally 4 cars back from staging they come up and tell me that I'm in the wrong class and can't run. They want me to go back into the staging lanes and wait another hour. I told the track worker they were not running classes but were running based off the type of tree. I finally got tired of trying to reason with the peon and gave up. Went to the tower and got my money refunded.

I love running my car but I am just so sick of dealing with LVMS, it's not really worth the head ache.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
They say to have the safety equip for faster cars, but then they say it's for OEM type cars only. I'm hoping to get some sort of clarification from them. No doubt I will get a different answer from someone in the "tech/weapons and alcohol inspection" line.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i know Rocky Mountain Race Way here in Utah sucks, if you run 13.2 or less i think they require a helmet &or roll cage but i do know if your exhaust is to loud they will kick you off the tack... but dang, if i come down i'll make a stink about it and see where it gets me
Old 01-08-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawk584
i know Rocky Mountain Race Way here in Utah sucks, if you run 13.2 or less i think they require a helmet &or roll cage but i do know if your exhaust is to loud they will kick you off the tack... but dang, if i come down i'll make a stink about it and see where it gets me
RMR actually requires a helmet for 13.99 & faster, and just a roll bar if you run 11.50 & faster.

This news is somewhat disappointing though as I've been wanting to go down to Vegas to see how my car would run at some better altitude versus here in Utah. Granted I don't have any forced induction stuff, but I do agree with what someone else said... the track will probably begin to lose money if they're really hard on the fast street cars that run at their Midnight Mayhems. For one, the show is going to suck, which (in my opinion) would mean that less people are going to pay to come watch, then the first time a rejected forced induction cars get nailed on a Midnight Mayhem night screwing around on the street... guess what he's going to tell that cop. I guarantee if it's the right type of cop, he'll let others know and who knows, maybe even the city will get involved. No matter what, I really see this as being a problem for LVMS, and they'll regret it before long. Best of luck man. Sorry to hear things aren't being run very well there.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:57 PM
FormerVendor

They SUCK! Good thing we already ran the 9.85!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:26 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like theres some shady bullsh@$t to me. i hope this doesnt catch on with other tracks!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

According to that you can not even relocate your battery and run. I hope this kills their business at the next event they hold. Maybe they will reverse their decision, money is a pretty good motivator.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:50 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats ******* retarted.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like you all need to come down here and run at 1 of the tracks we go to. The tech in goes like this

Track Official: " Do you have your helmet?"
You: " Yes sir I do"
Track Official: "What does it run?"
You: "9.80's, my buddy is going to ride with me to take some video"
Track Official: " Go ahead and ya'll have fun"
Old 01-08-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 87silverbullet
Sounds like you all need to come down here and run at 1 of the tracks we go to. The tech in goes like this

Track Official: " Do you have your helmet?"
You: " Yes sir I do"
Track Official: "What does it run?"
You: "9.80's, my buddy is going to ride with me to take some video"
Track Official: " Go ahead and ya'll have fun"
Now those are some strict marshalls.

Quick Reply: Our race track just banned forced induction cars from street nights