Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

AIS meth kit question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIS meth kit question

I purchased a AIS single stage meth injection kit, and wanted to get the activation set up close before I went to the dyno, since the pump is mounted in the fender, where it's a LITTLE tough to get to to make small adjustments while on a dyno
I want to set the system to activate at around 5psi. It comes factory set to activate at 10psi (I'm not planning to even run that much ) and the rep told me to turn it clockwise approx. 1 1/2 turns should put me around 5psi
I'd like to try and get a little closer from some tips from someone that has made some adjustments. I tried to find a "pressure" pump (not vacuum pump) that I could borrow/rent from an auto parts store, so I could be more accurate, but couldn't find anything
Anyone made adjustments to theirs that can give me info?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It comes factory set to activate at 10psi
I find it odd that it is set to activate at 10psi. Seems real high.
I would just do what the rep told you and turn it 1 1/2 turns clockwise, then adjust it once the car is on the dyno.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine came on at around 7 psi with the factory setting. Aren't you supposed to turn it counter-clockwise to lower the activation point?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if it was clockwise or counterclockwise (from memory) but I did it while reading it straight from the book, so I should be correct.

"I find it odd that it is set to activate at 10psi. Seems real high.
I would just do what the rep told you and turn it 1 1/2 turns clockwise, then adjust it once the car is on the dyno."

That what it says in the manual. When I ordered it, the tech told me they would set everything up, jet sizes and boost activation, according to what I was going to run, but I guess that didn't happen.
I set based on what he said, but in fairness, he didn't REALLY sound like he was that sure of where it should be. He told me to buy a MAP tester so I could pump it to a certain psi and test it. Even if I could find one, it seem like a lot of $$ just to use for two mins.

Because of where I mounted it (in the fender well behind the front tire on a C-5) it will be impossible to adjust while on the dyno. That's the drawback of mounting it there, but also why I would like to get it preset

Quick Reply: AIS meth kit question