Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New Promising Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool New Promising Build

A few weeks ago i blew my engine at 414 or 425rwhp something like that.
So after doing much needed research and help from an awesome person i have came down to a plan, but i can be changed at anytime.

LS2 402
Callies Compstar
Callies H-beam 2000 bolts
Wiseco -15
ETP 255 heads w/ L-19 & MLS
Custom Ground Cam by Howard @ Redline MotorSports
APS twin kit w/ upgraded turbos.

Originally i wanted to do a front mount turbo set up with an ST80. But a few people went out of busniess who were making the headers/manifolds and i refuse to use the truck/stock manifolds.

The engine will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1, somewhat high but thats to get the turbos to have an early spool and better low end power when they are not spooling. I will be running meth if i need it. A kit will be bought just incase it needs it or i get a little crazy.

For the drivetrain i will be doing an A4 to M6 swap. Trans built by RPM. Moser 9" rear end with 4.11s. Reason for the M6 is because this is 98% street car only sees the track about three to four weeknd of the summer.

Please give me some feedback on my idea. Negative and Positive both welcome, no bashing please.

-Kenny!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

The only thing that I see wrong is the 4.11 gears.. I would go with a 3.50 or higher gear.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that should be fun
Old 04-29-2009, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

That will be a bad *** build but I agree with 98turbls1 on the gearing. I would also suggest a slightly lower cr. It'll have enough bottom end power with the engine for your street driving. What size are the turbos? Just an idea but it is your car and your choice, make sure you are happy with it.

Best of luck with it.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Staging Lane

Cant say I would go with the APS kit, Ive seen too many problems with those. I would go with the TTI street:
http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/?page_id=113

Other than that, sounds like a good build.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 98turbls1
The only thing that I see wrong is the 4.11 gears.. I would go with a 3.50 or higher gear.
Whats wrong with thoes gears? I am guessing because First and Second would be pointless? Like stupid power.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Use a race kit from TTI with the ST80. Stupid power and will work just fine.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
Whats wrong with thoes gears? I am guessing because First and Second would be pointless? Like stupid power.
You're right in that first and second would be useless but because of a different reason. Turbos need load to spool and by having stump pulling gears you're not loading up the engine as much therefore not getting into as much boost that would create more power...Think of going up a hill at the same TPS % as going down a hill. Which has more load? If you go up a hill you're going to be creating more boost or less vacuum than going straight or down a hill.

Plus you would blip through first and second which wouldn't allow them to be utilized for what they are intended for in the first place.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:13 PM
TECH Resident

Keep it auto. It's fun to drive auto with turbo compared to M6. You can get 4L80E or TH400. Keep the rear gear 3.5 or 3.25.

You can have tabular headers front mount kit from KY turbo or get a TTi race kit.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

i think you should build your front mount, many companies give up cuz they are trying to make a "kit" on that will fit every car. but not every car is exactly the same, so making one setup that will fit well is nearly impossible, im about finished my with my custom front mount on my gto, which there is like maybe 5 or six of, next to the gen ttr guys, but im doing a single. i will have less then 1k in the mock up of my kit when shes finished. not sure about your welding/fabbing skills, but i think you would be much happier, and trust me, its really notdiffcult, hell, you could it yourself with a mig, just tack it together and have someone tig it up for you. just my .02. but good luck with your build sir, should be very nice.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gordon0652
A few weeks ago i blew my engine at 414 or 425rwhp something like that.
So after doing much needed research and help from an awesome person i have came down to a plan, but i can be changed at anytime.

LS2 402
Callies Compstar
Callies H-beam 2000 bolts
Wiseco -15
ETP 255 heads w/ L-19 & MLS
Custom Ground Cam by Howard @ Redline MotorSports
APS twin kit w/ upgraded turbos.

Originally i wanted to do a front mount turbo set up with an ST80. But a few people went out of busniess who were making the headers/manifolds and i refuse to use the truck/stock manifolds.

The engine will have a compression ratio of 9.5:1, somewhat high but thats to get the turbos to have an early spool and better low end power when they are not spooling. I will be running meth if i need it. A kit will be bought just incase it needs it or i get a little crazy.

For the drivetrain i will be doing an A4 to M6 swap. Trans built by RPM. Moser 9" rear end with 4.11s. Reason for the M6 is because this is 98% street car only sees the track about three to four weeknd of the summer.

Please give me some feedback on my idea. Negative and Positive both welcome, no bashing please.

-Kenny!

Kenny, take a look at this build that we did, which is very similar to what you are talking about putting together. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...Car.php?car=39 Bob
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

keep it auto for sure. thats alot of power to be messing with a 6 spd on the street. and that is way too much gear for a turbo car imo. id keep it stock or lower. also if you plan on the aps kit plan on a bigger radiator too just for heat. id do a tti kit first. or a kytp kit. and those are reeeeaally big heads...did you mean to type 225? turbo cars dont need as much cylinder head as a motor or nitrous car.