Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS clunk

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APS clunk

Anybody have the Rossler stage (3) 4L60 with the vacum modulator in there turbo ride with a S60 (3:53) gear? My tranny is making a CLUNK sound when it shifts from 2nd to drive and was wonding if this is because the stock computer is still trying to read the driveshaft RPM'S??? If i manually shift it at higher RPM'S,,, the clunk isnt as bad but's still thereIm also running the BMR torque arm and am useing those new upper holes on their new shackle plates. Would moveing the arm down to the other hole help? BMR said they redesighned these plates beacause moving the holes up helped with traction?
Im also thinking if it were the torque arm which ive got correct at a neg 1 for the street,it would do it in all shifts not just 2nd to drive
Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Tranny clunk

OK,I just talked to Frank at performance built trannys and he said its pretty common for the 4l60's to have a clunk when shifting into 3rd from 2nd because the internals all go the same direction when hitting 3rd or drive Which makes senceto me,I figuired ide post what i just heard incase others were wondering the same thing or haveing the same concerns as i was LOL
Old 05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

My truck (04 avalanche) makes a clunk almost everytime it shifts into 3rd. I got > 60k on it and it still runs great.

I think you meant that going from 2nd to 3rd, something in the tranny spins in the reverse direction, which is why you hear the clunk. At least this is what I was told and read previously.

Quick Reply: APS clunk