Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

For anyone mixing Methanol...Conversion charts inside.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For anyone mixing Methanol...Conversion charts inside.

Check this out it will help you mix your own methanol, by weight or by volume. Also has a few presets. Easy to use just need Excel..
People were having trouble with the zip file.. Here is the direct link check it out http://www.eteamz.com/bcblues/handou...ubsite=4667041
Attached Files
File Type: zip
MethanolMixingToolkit.zip (19.9 KB, 865 views)

Last edited by vipvegas; 10-21-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Boo, zip file!
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of file is it? It has no extension. I tried giving it an .xls extension, and Excel was not happy.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry guys for the zip, and Im not sure why it is not working. It is an excel file and I have the new version of excel so it asked me when I saved it do I want to allow for older version of excel to view it and I said yes. Let me try posting it the other way.. Sorry the file works for me..
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok here is where I ran across it, it is the second file down.. I think it is amazing someone put this much time into this.. Ive check both files for virus with Eset, and with Norton.

http://www.eteamz.com/bcblues/handou...ubsite=4667041
Old 10-21-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wink

Originally Posted by XtremeDime
Boo, zip file!
I know right. Copy and paste
Old 10-21-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
I know right. Copy and paste
If you would have read above, I ended up posting the link. I had the Excel file I thought I would share, but forgot where I got it from to post the link TARD so I couldnt just copy and paste. Screw it next time I wont share. Also you cant copy and paste the conversion charts because they are all in Excel.. Readdick
Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I downloaded the spreadsheet and went to the worksheet appropriate for me, which turned out to be Super Blue. My goal is to achieve a 50% mix, using -20 blue wwf and Heet. A couple of observations:
I was told the -20 blue wwf was 30% methanol, which is what I used when I determined the quantities. I used Peak -20, which it shows as 37%. Not a big deal, just increases my mixture to 54% methanol.
The parameter Total Volume of Mix went to 1.4 Gallons and stayed there, even though my quantities (4 gallons of Peak, 3 12 oz. of Heet) were closer to 5 gallons.
When I set the parameters to my original values (4 gallons @ 30%, 3 bottles of Heet) it calculated 49% methanol, which is what I got when I calculated it myself.
Thanks, vipvegas.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vipvegas
If you would have read above, I ended up posting the link. I had the Excel file I thought I would share, but forgot where I got it from to post the link TARD so I couldnt just copy and paste. Screw it next time I wont share. Also you cant copy and paste the conversion charts because they are all in Excel.. Readdick
Okay DICK it was just playing, why so serious? geez take a chill pill or take many at that with a learn to take a joke damn people appreciate help on here.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im not sure if all his values for the brands are correct. I do know the functions work. I just pull the msds and then calculate appropriately by weight or volume whichever your trying to achieve.

So if your curious of any brand and can pull the msds at least you can mix correctly.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Fugitive
Okay DICK it was just playing, why so serious? geez take a chill pill or take many at that with a learn to take a joke damn people appreciate help on here.
That wasnt serious it was just joking. Sorry for hurting your feelings... I have learned most I know about LS engines on here I understand that.

On a real note, I was just frustrated with not being able to post this correctly. And before i got the chance to fix it, it was already being knocked.

I think it is useful, give it a whirl see for yourself. I didnt make it but the calculations Ive tried has worked so far.

Koolaid thanks for the input, hope it works out for you.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vipvegas
you call that playing uh huh but whatever good info is good info.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just had a bad night no issues Fugitive.. I have actually followed some of your build on the W2A and am impressed. Once again my fault for the zip file and being an ***. We all have our days. Now back to the info.. What did you think??

And Kool Aid I contacted the maker and he is going to correct his formula in excel and get me a new one. Ill shoot you a link by PM and change the thread when I get it. I did check what you said and my copy did same thing. Im using to mix gallons, the 2nd option and it work beautiful.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think it's pretty interesting I didn't know how involved it was. I was just going to run straight meth though when i get the money for a snow stage 2 probably would have had it but I just lost 3rd and OD in my 4L60 so it's time to upgrade it too bad it takes approx a month for the tranny build. But no worries you just caught me on the day that all that happened also. And thanx
Old 10-22-2009, 02:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Sounds good. I went through his equations; he was not adding the original wwf amount to the Heet amount to find the total volume. I converted everything to ounces, added them together, then converted back to gallons. My answer was correct at that point.
I followed the msds % by weight to try to find his % by volume. He is corrrect for Peak, if you count <33% by volume as being =33% by volume. Which means that I am running a bit more methanol than I first thought. Oh darn!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think running water in the mixture is good compared just straight meth.. Yes straight meth my allow for more hp, but the water does suppress detonation well. Now here come the people throwing knives. This has been a long going debate, lets keep it in another thread though... Glad you like the chart.

Quick Reply: For anyone mixing Methanol...Conversion charts inside.