Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

where have we been?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where have we been?!

Hi Guys,

Wanted to send a quick "thanks" to you all for your patience while we try to get back "Afloat" after having our entire shop flooded 4 times in a 6 week period. The last flood inundated us with about 12 feet of water. We're slowly getting back to "normal" as we prepare to relocate and get back to business.
We had no phones or electricty for a while (town required us to gut all electrical and replace....we did that TWICE in a two week period due to two separate significant floods....not fun....and very expensive!)
The good news is our phones are on and we have power again! SO....We still have a lot of cleaning to do, inventory to replace, and shop equipment to assess.

Please leave a message via phone or email and we'll do our best to get to you in a timely manner. Your continued patience and support means a lot to us and we look forward to getting back to making horsepower instead of cleaning!

I attached a few pics for you guys to see...the first picture is a picture from about a block away. Kinda tough to see but the water is about 10 feet deep. It rose another two feet after this pic was taken. To the left of the orange and black sign is our entrance door with an awning over it. It was completely buried....

Here's the intersection that leads to the little industrial park we are in. There is a CVS to the right of the picture that took on about 4 feet of water...

Scott is standing on the tailgate of his truck and holding the flashlight over his head. If you look close, the top of the flashlight is where the water was. There's a faint stain there. You actually step down into our building about a foot and a half from the outside.

Last edited by SDCE; 05-26-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

wow....
Old 05-26-2010, 11:47 PM
10 Second Club

hey guys wow we saw all the rain you guys got..bad luck at that shop again.. we're the guys from cape cod with the GTA trans am.. i hope the shops coming back together fine.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
Launching!

cant wait till we get everything worked out Wendy. I look forward to getting all the parts from you guys as soon as we can get some others interested in a bracket.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

good luck with the move. flooding 4 times back to back like that has got to be unbelievably bad. hope everything works out for you guys and keep up the great work.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow
Looks as bad as Katrina but Obama isn't doing anything just talking about the oil spill

hope you guys get thing in order
Old 05-27-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I wish you luck in getting back to your feet.

I have left a message and sent you guys an email to get in contact with you. I await your response.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all your help Wendy. I know it's been rough for you guys, but I really do appreciate you going the extra mile to get me back up and running. I highly recommend SDCE to anyone interested in their products. By the way, everything is mounted but the balancer......decided to relax this weekend and start up again next week. Hope you do the same!

Troy Guy
Old 05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well I finally got my call back. Wendy was very nice and helpful. I will be sending them my bracket for modification.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW

Best of luck getting the shop back up and running.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jason02Z
hey guys wow we saw all the rain you guys got..bad luck at that shop again.. we're the guys from cape cod with the GTA trans am.. i hope the shops coming back together fine.
Hi Jason,

Good to hear from you. We're getting everything back together....in a new shop...high and dry! It'll be nice not having to worry about the rain...
How are you and your Dad doing? What new projects are you working on?

Take it easy.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98legendws6
cant wait till we get everything worked out Wendy. I look forward to getting all the parts from you guys as soon as we can get some others interested in a bracket.
Glad we can help....I'll have that list together for you on Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Z28&WS6
good luck with the move. flooding 4 times back to back like that has got to be unbelievably bad. hope everything works out for you guys and keep up the great work.
Thanks for your kind words. We'll pull thru just fine, but it definitely kicked our feet out from under us for sure!

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
wow
Looks as bad as Katrina but Obama isn't doing anything just talking about the oil spill

hope you guys get thing in order
Yeah, not quite as bad as Katrina, fortunately for us. We're pulling thru one day at a time. It's amazing the places you find mud...and parts....everything floats! Full oil barrels, cars with half full gas tanks, etc...the garage doors floated open cuz their full of styrofoam! Who woulda thought that'd happen??!

Originally Posted by 98 LS1 SC
Thanks for all your help Wendy. I know it's been rough for you guys, but I really do appreciate you going the extra mile to get me back up and running. I highly recommend SDCE to anyone interested in their products. By the way, everything is mounted but the balancer......decided to relax this weekend and start up again next week. Hope you do the same!

Troy Guy
We'll do our best to help, Troy. I look forward to hearing your thoughts once your up and running after next weekend. IF you need anything else or have any questions, you know how to find us.

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Well I finally got my call back. Wendy was very nice and helpful. I will be sending them my bracket for modification.
And we appreciate your patience....we didn't have our phones or electricity for quite a while so the messages piled up on the machine pretty quick! I'll call you next week once your bracket arrives and Scott looks it over.

Originally Posted by conan
WOW

Best of luck getting the shop back up and running.
Conan, that's kinda what we did when we were allowed back in our building. You either laugh or cry...or both! Sucks to see everything you've worked your off for the last 16 years totally ruined....and it takes forever to clean up the mess....
But we're starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. We're moving to a bigger, better, dryer location and we've got lots of new products coming out and can't wait to get back to the full swing of things.
Old 05-29-2010, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SDCE
Hi Jason,

Good to hear from you. We're getting everything back together....in a new shop...high and dry! It'll be nice not having to worry about the rain...
How are you and your Dad doing? What new projects are you working on?

Take it easy.
thats good to hear, we has some water in our house here on the cape too...not that much tho.. we'r going good the trans am is running good took it to the track once ran easy 11's. works slow so im trying to get a trans in my car this summer.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

My package is on it's way to you guys. It should be there next Tues I was told.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
My package is on it's way to you guys. It should be there next Tues I was told.
Thanks for the heads up ss.slp. I'll call you when it arrives to go over all the details. Talk to you then.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
wow
For the record, the storm surge of Katrina reached over 35 feet in some areas. It also didn't exactly leave much in one piece. Ask me how I know.

Having said that I totally understand how bad water can just ruin everything. I'm sincerly sorry y'all have had to go through all this. I'm assuming y'all will be relocating to some higher ground. Its unfortunate that these kinds of things happen. I hope this is the last time. Good luck and God bless.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

damn wendy hope all is well with the both of you guys. Hope you guys are on the road to recovery and still putting out some kick *** products.
Jeremy
Old 06-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Hey Wendy, got the car running. Making 8 psi boost with no belt slip. Only problem now is traction. Still have some tweeking to do. Just wanted to say thanks again!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Launching!

need 1 more for the GP for the tensioner....check out their website for details.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98 LS1 SC
Hey Wendy, got the car running. Making 8 psi boost with no belt slip. Only problem now is traction. Still have some tweeking to do. Just wanted to say thanks again!

Glad we could help. Keep us posted and if you ever have any questions or need anything else, don't hesitate to call and we'll do our best to help.

Quick Reply: where have we been?!