Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharged LS1 tuning issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharged LS1 tuning issues

I installed a P1SC twin intercooled kit on my 2001 SS. Great thing about this kit is that procharger sends you a tune for the car in a nice Diablo Sport tuner. Loaded the tune, and under heavy load/full throttle conditions the car runs great. When I'm just driving around town, the car runs a little rough, the best way I can describe it is that it "blips" lean every once in a while. I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about, under soft acceleration it kinda feels like it's hiccuping a little. I have a wideband a/f guage in the car, so I know it's popping lean, but won't stay lean, "blip" is the only word I can think of right now. It also does this when I'm just on or off the throttle. Under a load, it's pouring the fuel to it, and is doing exactly what it's supposed to. The easiest thing to do is to get this car tuned, however I'm a little short on cash at the moment. The diablo programmer seems to have a lot of tunability to it, I was wondering does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start? I've tried 2 different mass airflow sensors, stock and aftermarket, and the problem doesn't change. This car has headers and full exhaust, no cats, and other than that is bone stock with the exception of the procharger kit.

Any suggestions would be great
Old 12-01-2010, 11:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen a gummed up throttle body cause this same situation may want to pull it and scrub it and the IAC port??
Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Teching In

I cleaned it real good when I had everything apart. I've never had a car with an a/f on it before, but that thing is jumping around like crazy. The only time it's steady is when the car is into the boost.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I monitor the cmd A/F ratio coming off the pm. I see 13.60 cold and 14.60 warm.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If its in closed loop it will bounce around from 14.3 to 15 ish all the time (narrowbands aren't accurate at stoich, only just above and just below, so the PCM always bounces around it).
Old 12-01-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

when you get it figured out...would you mind posting down the road if you havie any cooking issues down there? im assuming you have the 3.5 IC's?

so how does she feel even though the tune isn't spot on?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Of course, I'll let you know. I upgraded to the 4 inch intercoolers, or 4.5's, I can't remember what the upgrade is, but they are huge. I must say, I'm running 5 pounds, but it screams. I'm VERY happy with it. It's just a pain to drive around town with this problem. Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep you posted.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DASSON
Of course, I'll let you know. I upgraded to the 4 inch intercoolers, or 4.5's, I can't remember what the upgrade is, but they are huge. I must say, I'm running 5 pounds, but it screams. I'm VERY happy with it. It's just a pain to drive around town with this problem. Thanks for the suggestions, I will keep you posted.
They are 4.5" thick intercoolers. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-02-2010, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

id be a lil concered about the lean issue.....dyno tune would be the best solution but, you said your short on cash, contact ATI....they were pretty helpful when i had my p1sc system

Quick Reply: Procharged LS1 tuning issues