Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Has anyone tried this LOW MOUNT PASSENGER side ALT Bracket made for truck mani kits?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone tried this LOW MOUNT PASSENGER side ALT Bracket made for truck mani kits?

has anyone tried this passenger side low mount alt bracket where the a/c comp would be found? i'm gonna try calling them tomorrow to ask some questions. they're not a sponsor so i wont say list their company name or post a link but i've seen a few well known guys talk about them like Broke Ef and tim99ws6 which is a positive in my book!

it's a bit more than some of the other brackets by our sponsors, such as the cbr sold by Modular Turbo, but not the most expensive (i think speed inc) and it's all top notch materials! if it works its definitely worth the extra money imo to keep from having to mount the alt up high and i don't have the option for v'bands on my manifolds as it's a complete kit thats already high temp coated as well.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, doesn't look like our alternator tho, it'd be the cost of the kit, PLUS a new alt.

Will get expensive
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
Looks good, doesn't look like our alternator tho, it'd be the cost of the kit, PLUS a new alt.

Will get expensive
good point. here's what it says........ Designed to rigidly mount your Super Mini Denso or Delco CS121/CS130 alternator
Old 06-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Launching!

i made a low mount myself, not the best looking but works fine. this was with the stock 105 amp alt.

lemme find a pic.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Launching!

HTH, yeah kinda crude, could have been better design but for now it works, maybe when the motor comes back out i can wip up some thing lighter as well.

Old 06-04-2012, 11:46 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by typhoon1015
HTH, yeah kinda crude, could have been better design but for now it works, maybe when the motor comes back out i can wip up some thing lighter as well.
thanks and great job making your own but i don't have the ability to do that right now so just trying to see if anyone else has any first hand experience with this bracket assy. i found out the alt i have is 1 on the list but it's the biggest one but there's a smaller one (part # emailed to me but haven't checked it yet) that fits much easier for under $100. also got dimensions emailed as well so i will go out after work tomorrow probably and check everything out. the setup is meant to clear the truck manifolts but have the kit built around it so got my fingers crossed that my crossover on the p/s is tucked against the frame side far enough to allow this to fit. will post up after i know. for a bit over $200 with a belt and new billet alt pulley, i think it's a decent deal.

if it doesn't work out, so be it. i'm still very interested in the cbr kit sold by modular turbo, i'm just trying to not to do a high mount if i can help it.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that alternator kit on my turbo trans am. super nice kit and great customer service.. The alternator is around $100 with a lifetime warranty..

I have truck manifolds on mine and I wanted a low mount mostly for aesthetic reasons.. Found this kit and and very happy with the quality and how nice it looks..

I will get some pics poste up

When you call talk to bob

Last edited by MattSapp95_T/A; 06-05-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:47 PM
9 Second Club

I did and after going out and holding my alt in place, i will either have to get that smaller 75amp gm alt or pay for the kit he made for brokeEf which brings it out to line up with the 6 rib portion of the crank pulley vs the 4 rib part that the a/c uses, hence part of the reason for the new pulley; that and to spin at the proper speed when you give him the crank pulley diameter. seemed like a cool dude on the phone too!

i look forward to seeing the pics man! lmk if you're using the 6 rib or if it fit on the 4 rib. thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:06 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to get mine done like brokeEF too and had to have it moved out outer 6 rib so that the little alternator didn't hit the manifold flanges.

He was always very helpful and easy to contact and I was able to give him measurements of exactly how I needed it..

I will get some pics up as soon as I get to my computer. It's a pain to do on my phone.

You will def be pleased with the kit
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is the pic after install of my friends turbo t/a... the whole kit took very little time to install and it works and charges great. No issue thus far
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone tried this LOW MOUNT PASSENGER side ALT Bracket made for truck mani kits?-img00263-20110717-1729.jpg  
Old 06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
9 Second Club

took a look at it and there is JUST enough room for my cs130 alt to fit but i'm not comfy with putting that $250 alt (was on the car already cuz i wouldn't pay that much for an alt! lol) so close to the heat so i will have to use the smaller 75amp alt it looks like. but if it get the version using the 6 rib, it will have a lot less heat put on it.

did it cause any vibration or belt throwing from having the (i'm assuming here) bracket made longer to push the alt out far enough for the 6 rib part of the crank pulley?

i'm seriously about ready to pull the trigger on this!! sounds like you're pretty happy with it.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:19 PM
9 Second Club

well i went ahead and ordered it tonight. i expect it should be here by wed or thursday. i'll try my cs130 amp with it and if it's too big for the space that's there, it should definitely fit the smaller cs121 75 amp alt. if i go that route, i'll get the reworked powermaster version at 100 amps just to be sure it's got plenty of juice. can't wait to get this in place. i need to wrap my system with the DEI lava wrap i just got first though. it's already high temp coated but i'm trying to keep the radiant heat to a minimum with pump gas and over 10:1cr. hopefully it's all in by the weekend if i get the time.

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried this LOW MOUNT PASSENGER side ALT Bracket made for truck mani kits?