Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Norris catch can or moroso with dual inlets & breather...or both?? OR RX Perf can?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 09:54 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Norris catch can or moroso with dual inlets & breather...or both?? OR RX Perf can?

hey guys i'm not quite to this point yet and have a few pages saved on pcv rounting but thought since i have these 2 items, both like new, i'd see if i could get away with using either of them or both to vent off the crank case pressure.

i'm just running sock valve covers with the d/s looped over to the rear tube on the p/s valve cover, as it is from factory i'm guessing. so all i have is the front tube on the p/s valve cover to vent off pressure. the car does not have a pcv valve on it and it's got an ls1 valley cover on it so no pcv setup on it either.

whats your thoughts? i can always run a Y on the crossover for more flow too i'm sure. there's a tube on my NW t'body that i can use to pull vacuum from the clean side of the norris catch can as well.

thanks a Bunch on this one!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:57 PM
9 Second Club

also, i like the design of the RXperformance catch cans for forced induction setups.

any input on that?
Old 06-08-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...xperience.html

Old 06-09-2012, 06:15 AM
9 Second Club

yea that's my post at the bottom of the page lol but thanks man.

just wondering if i should sell what i have and get 1 of those or if what i have will work well enough.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this video of the Moroso
Old 06-22-2012, 01:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rx looks as good in person as it does on screen. its a nice CC
Old 06-22-2012, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with rx on my build.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:17 PM
9 Second Club

since posting this i was at the speed inc open house where i got to talk this over with lastls1 who runs a pair of moroso cans. for those unfamiliar with his setup, it's a low 7 sec twin turbo 427 so he has some experience. he saw Great results by setting up the hoses from the valve covers to go up first before being routed to the can and this resulted in far less oil vapor making it to the cans. in fact, he said it's minimal and recommended i at least run what i have and route the hoses the same which i plan to do. they will exit the top of the rear of each cover and go up, be attached to the bottom side of the cowl (under the windshield and out of sight) and then over and down to the can which will be mounted on the hvac delete plate.

if that doesn't work out well enough, i'll go for the RX can but for now, i'm have this and am on a tight budget so we'll see how it goes in a few weeks when i hope to have the car running finally.

Quick Reply: Norris catch can or moroso with dual inlets & breather...or both?? OR RX Perf can?