Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS1 SLP whipple supercharger discussion

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 SLP whipple supercharger discussion

I note in the 2013 SLP catalogue they are offering a whipple type supercharger for the GTO. I don't see any Pro-charger cars with 5/100 factory warranties. The performance on the SLP and factory ZL/ZR cars speaks for itself.
Is there any reason I can't bolt one of these on to an F-body LS-1?
Why isn't there more interest in these units?
Is there somebody out there doing this in secret?
This seems like the most reliable. cost effective, and best looking way to spruce up a factory LS1. What am I missing?
Old 09-08-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Procharger does offer a warranty the results from this charger are minimal compared to others and have little room to grow there already is a service bulletin on these I believe for the factory units.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 AM
TECH Resident

Wow.

Just wow.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just like those obama stickers "nope"
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Default turns out ther may be a solution, not SLP

iam amazed by the lack of interest in this thread. The current TVS1900 hybrid roots blower is the lowest cost, highest reliability, most driveable 480+RWHP solution going. Why isn't this a big discussion topic?
Spoke with Hawks3rdgen at length today. Turns out the MP112 is not even remotely as good an option as the TVS 1900. Problem is there is a height issue on the firewall. We are talking 1 1/4". It has not been attempted yet, but Bruce at 3rd has one and he agrees this is by far the best,easiest way to make a killer F-body. He was very firm in his opinion the TVS units are superior in every respect to the 112, even though there seems to be a lot of MP112's around. Very strange. Guys on this site are going to some pretty extreme lengths to get similar HP. We are talking 480+ out a stock untouched LS1! Why no interest?
Old 09-13-2012, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by leighton macmillan
iam amazed by the lack of interest in this thread. The current TVS1900 hybrid roots blower is the lowest cost, highest reliability, most driveable 480+RWHP solution going. Why isn't this a big discussion topic?
Spoke with Hawks3rdgen at length today. Turns out the MP112 is not even remotely as good an option as the TVS 1900. Problem is there is a height issue on the firewall. We are talking 1 1/4". It has not been attempted yet, but Bruce at 3rd has one and he agrees this is by far the best,easiest way to make a killer F-body. He was very firm in his opinion the TVS units are superior in every respect to the 112, even though there seems to be a lot of MP112's around. Very strange. Guys on this site are going to some pretty extreme lengths to get similar HP. We are talking 480+ out a stock untouched LS1! Why no interest?
Dude, do some research. Roots blowers are so stupid compared to a twin screw or turbo it's ridiculous.

How about this, buy one, get it to fit on your car. Then you may have spark some interest in .000000001 percent of the F-Body crowd.

You sound like you need a good H/C setup if you are looking for 480.

I'm done. Eaton/TVS blowers make me sick.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Staging Lane

Hahahahah^^^^^
Old 09-14-2012, 04:00 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree even whipple thought it was a bad idea, op do some searching next time, there is no intrest because this topic has been talked about so many times, procharger is the way to go,easy install,cheaper, and much more room to grow, call bob at brute speed and call it a day,unless your rich then by all means go for a whipple/kb/etc,there are a handful of rootsblower 4th gens on here,whipfbody is one of them,like i said search ya hobo lol
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Default clarifications

For clarity.....

1/ TVS 1900 IS a dual screw "roots" hybrid blower. Identical to the current LS-9, except 1.9 litre vs 2.3 litre.

2/ Done before? Product was introduced so recently, most resellers still have the previous generation MP112 in stock.

3/ You guys trying to tell me GM and SLP got it wrong? The LSA, ZL1 is a piece of ****, been there, done that motor?

4/ You think an engine rpm based pro-charger will out perform a state-of-art 4-lobe dual screw compressor? I wonder why GM and SLP aren't using a procharger on the ZL cars.

I think you are the guys that ought to do some research. I will apologise in advance for any reference to "whipple".
Will someone that actually knows what they are talking about please enter the conversation.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:58 AM
TECH Resident

I think it would be a good choice for you. If you are not wanting much power, but low end power. Good choice! If you want rebuild it a few times while you have it. If you want a extra 50% for slp stickers. It was a oem blower. Probably better margines for oem. Look at slp headers would you put a set on your car. I have and will never again they fell apart.

Quick Reply: LS1 SLP whipple supercharger discussion