Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Tick Performance Blower&Turbo Cams!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tick Performance Blower&Turbo Cams!!!

I'm proud to release our line of Blower&Turbo cams to all the blower&Turbo guys out there!

I got tired of seeing generic "boost" cams that were labeled as a one size fits all camshaft. Trying to use a "one size fits all" moniker for anything forced induction is lunacy in my opinion as it takes a profile biased towards the application you are working with to perform at it's maximum potential.

In this case it is the cathedral port headed, centrifugal and roots blown applications along with turbo applications that these camshafts were designed by me for.

The rectangle port stuff is coming soon as the profiles have already been drawn up we just have to get them to market for you guys.

For now though the cathedral port applications for 325-364 cubic inch blower profiles can be found here:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...1-ls6-engines/

And the 346-370 cubic inch blower profiles can be found here:
http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...r-ls2-engines/

Both are the same profile, but here soon the LS2 stuff will have the option for a single bolt or three bolt cam core.

Also for you turbo guys reading this our turbo stuff will be on the site and released soon. I'll make a separate thread for when that happens and the rectangle port stuff comes out.

Since my turbo thread was deleted I added the turbo cams here:
325 cubic inch to 364 cubic inch profiles here:

364-408 cubic inch profiles can be found here:

Thanks for looking and any questions can be asked here in this thread, PM, e-mail or call me at the shop!

P.S.
If you see something here that doesn't quite fit your build or application I can also specify custom profiles that will be the right camshaft you need for that application, but for 9/10 of the stock cubic inch 5.3/5.7/6.0 and 383-385 c.i. stroke stuff out there and some mild 402/408 engines, these camshafts will work perfect. Here is a link to the description and form for you to fill out for a custom camshaft profile:

http://www.tickperformance.com/tick-...l-lsx-engines/

Stroker stuff will also be coming soon for cathedral port blower motors so keep your eyes peeled for more Tick Performance blower cams!

Last edited by Sales@Tick; 10-12-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any results with these in common set ups?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:23 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 86formula
Any results with these in common set ups?
None yet, but you can be the first!

I haven't had a dissatisfied customer ever from a camshaft I have done though if that means anything.

We've got plenty of customers out there that have centrifugal and roots blowers that will be getting some of these very soon.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 AM
FormerVendor

Just to show you guys that I know blower cams......https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...l#post16798515

In short this gentleman was having trouble getting his F1X combination to perform the way he wanted.

With just a cam swap from a cam comp had specified and sold him to my custom cam he gained 125rwhp with 3psi less(15psi) than he made his highest numbers before which were on 18psi.

It was making so much more power and the engine was so much more efficient that it ran out of fuel pump at 6200rpm! His blower pulleys are set-up to make 18psi at 6800rpm, so I would think that when this thing hits 18psi it's going to gain at least another 50-75rwhp if not 100rwhp more than what it's already made over the old cam.

That's a 200+ rwhp gain from a cam swap!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

gotta say....tick has som badass cams. i was one of the early guys with the polluter cam and almost made 450rwhp through stock 241 heads! car was sick with that cam, driveable as hell and wooped alot of ***! but the sound was weak for that big of a cam lol! but if there blower cams are anything like there na cams or costumer service im sure they will rock!
Old 10-11-2012, 09:08 AM
TECH Regular

Are these supercharger cams? or Turbo specific cams? website says designed for supercharger
Old 10-11-2012, 10:21 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ttranssam
gotta say....tick has som badass cams. i was one of the early guys with the polluter cam and almost made 450rwhp through stock 241 heads! car was sick with that cam, driveable as hell and wooped alot of ***! but the sound was weak for that big of a cam lol! but if there blower cams are anything like there na cams or costumer service im sure they will rock!
Thank you very much for the compliments. The Polluter V1 is and always will be a bad *** camshaft. I just recently designed the new V2 Polluter that should only improve upon the V1's results!
Originally Posted by nick.celis
Are these supercharger cams? or Turbo specific cams? website says designed for supercharger
They are designed for roots blown or centrifugal superchargers, but we just released my turbo cams yesterday. I'll be making a thread here shortly for those.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What, no turbo cams?? lol
Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
What, no turbo cams?? lol
They're coming!!! Trust!!!

BTW thanks for sending that business my way yesterday! Greatly appreciated!
Old 10-11-2012, 11:09 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
They're coming!!! Trust!!!

BTW thanks for sending that business my way yesterday! Greatly appreciated!
No problem
Old 10-11-2012, 01:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice work Martin, dang you make it look easy.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of lifespan can be expected from the springs you recommend and the stage 1 cam? My car is dd alot and fuel mileage is a concern also. Im mainly crusing 55-70 with 3.23's around 2000rpm or so. What kind of mileage loss should be expected?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

How long does it take to get a cam after you order it? Is there a difference between your 222/226 and the EPS one?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by N2OBaby
Nice work Martin, dang you make it look easy.
Thank you N2OBaby, I'm glad I make it look easy...because it's not!!!
Originally Posted by JRENIGAR
what kind of lifespan can be expected from the springs you recommend and the stage 1 cam? My car is dd alot and fuel mileage is a concern also. Im mainly crusing 55-70 with 3.23's around 2000rpm or so. What kind of mileage loss should be expected?
What camshaft do you have now?

All my forced induction camshaft profiles utilize lobes that aren't super aggressive, yet aren't "old man" mild. I pick lobes that have more total duration than comparable lobe families with the same @.050 numbers which means they have a slower ramp rate, but still open the valve just as long and most of the time just as far lift wise as comparable more aggressive lobe families do.

This leaves you with a valve-train that is much more controllable under boost and higher cylinder pressure along with one that will allow a longer interval between valve spring changes.

The lobes on the particular camshaft you are inquiring about would yield 20-30k of use if set-up properly with the associated hardware the BTR spring kits utilize. Valve-train weight will also play a part in how long the springs will last so a heavier valve/rocker/retainer will cause them to wear out faster than a lighter package would. Brian's retainers to my knowledge are the lightest on the market for a dual spring.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Launching!

Awesome stuff! I've been looking around for a turbo specific cam for awhile now to do over this winter. Any idea when you will be releasing the turbo spec cams?

Thanks a ton for doing some custom stuff for the FI world!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
How long does it take to get a cam after you order it? Is there a difference between your 222/226 and the EPS one?
It takes comp 1-2 days to grind the cam and then usually 3-5 business days to ship to your door depending on location.

I've never had one take longer than 8-9 business days after the order was placed to reach the customer and that was only once.

From what I can see theirs is ground on a 113, but with how much advance or if any advance ground into the profile I do not know.

My 222/226 is meant for the customer that wants a stock idle, will pass emissions, have a broad power band, and still make 35-45rwhp more than the stock cam. It is what I would consider an entry level camshaft and would also work well with boost. It is ground on the same lobes my Stage One Blower cam is ground on.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:43 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Awesome stuff! I've been looking around for a turbo specific cam for awhile now to do over this winter. Any idea when you will be releasing the turbo spec cams?

Thanks a ton for doing some custom stuff for the FI world!
Ask and ye shall receive!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...l#post16802354

Also guys I added our custom camshaft link to the first post so you have that option also.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Launching!

Awesome!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Awesome!
Sounds like you need a cam for that camaro of yours...the Stage One would be perfect for your TC78.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
Thank you N2OBaby, I'm glad I make it look easy...because it's not!!!

What camshaft do you have now?

All my forced induction camshaft profiles utilize lobes that aren't super aggressive, yet aren't "old man" mild. I pick lobes that have more total duration than comparable lobe families with the same @.050 numbers which means they have a slower ramp rate, but still open the valve just as long and most of the time just as far lift wise as comparable more aggressive lobe families do.

This leaves you with a valve-train that is much more controllable under boost and higher cylinder pressure along with one that will allow a longer interval between valve spring changes.

The lobes on the particular camshaft you are inquiring about would yield 20-30k of use if set-up properly with the associated hardware the BTR spring kits utilize. Valve-train weight will also play a part in how long the springs will last so a heavier valve/rocker/retainer will cause them to wear out faster than a lighter package would. Brian's retainers to my knowledge are the lightest on the market for a dual spring.
stock 99 model cam.

Quick Reply: Tick Performance Blower&Turbo Cams!!!