Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Will an AES 410 be able to get a full weight street car in the 7 sec zone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will an AES 410 be able to get a full weight street car in the 7 sec zone?

I'm getting ready to start compiling some parts here and i have already talked to AES. I have a full weight street car and I am trying to see if it was possible to get in the 7 second zone if threw enough boost at the right engine combo.

Here is a run down of what the engine will consist of.

AES 410 ci LSX engine
All-Pro 12-1 heads
Intake? (Would like for it to fit under the cowl)
Turbo? Will be determined by Rob@Modular

I already have a OFI stainless hotside, OFI radiator conversion, A2W setup.

The car will retain A/C, stereo, power seats and all. The car weighed 3425 with no driver and that was before removing the stock k-member and front bumper support.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have a good crank a well matched setup to your turbo choice and everything else in the car can handle the 1500+ hp then yes itll go 7s. thats if your car weighs roughly 3200 lbs
Old 11-11-2012, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

how far into the 7s? and how many times? At the weight your looking to be at, i don't really see it happening.

Have you ever been in anything that actually runs 7's? This is not a stab, but your talking about a whole different beast compared to something that runs say 9's in the quarter.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if he wants something that can do it reliably and multiple times. i would build a car around 02FORMULA and his twin turbo car. it went 7.80s didnt it? and drives it on the street
Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Your car weighs 3425 is that with all the equipment installed to run 7.99? I think it's possible to run 7.99 but not likely, I think high to mid 8's with low 8's with a perfect set up and good conditions.

I would say run the car, learn how to tune and tweak the set up and you'll soon learn what it needs to run faster. To run that fast it takes alot of hp but it also needs to have that power from launch to the traps not just on the top end.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by subarubill96
how far into the 7s? and how many times? At the weight your looking to be at, i don't really see it happening.

Have you ever been in anything that actually runs 7's? This is not a stab, but your talking about a whole different beast compared to something that runs say 9's in the quarter.
It doesn't have to run 7.30-40-50. I just want to break into the 7's. 7.90's an I'm content. I have been around fast cars most of my life. Went from running 15's as a teenager all the way to 8.80's with a small block. Now its time for the 7's

Originally Posted by SKULL
if he wants something that can do it reliably and multiple times. i would build a car around 02FORMULA and his twin turbo car. it went 7.80s didnt it? and drives it on the street
You are thinking about ls2formula. I followed him, 98z28cobrakiller (Los), and bonnarls1 on here for a long time. His car was a full weight car with a 422 ci solid roller setup with TFS heads. IIRC his car weighed 3700 lbs and was street driven with a twin turbo setup. Only thing it didn't have was A/C.

Originally Posted by mike13
Your car weighs 3425 is that with all the equipment installed to run 7.99? I think it's possible to run 7.99 but not likely, I think high to mid 8's with low 8's with a perfect set up and good conditions.

I would say run the car, learn how to tune and tweak the set up and you'll soon learn what it needs to run faster. To run that fast it takes alot of hp but it also needs to have that power from launch to the traps not just on the top end.
No. My car weighed 3425 with an LS1 in it with a half a tank of gas and a full nitrous bottle. Full interior with A/C. The only weight reduction was the slicks and skinnies and removing the sway bar. I am going to be throwing a tubular k-member in the car and a burkhart front bumper support. that should drop the weight below 3400 with no driver. Then the AES motor with the turbo kit will go in. This was weighed at a chassis shop, not some truck scales.

What's giving me a little inspriration that I can do this is koolrays on here. His car is running almost the same cubes with less turbo than I will go with (he's running a certain class, I'm not). Same heads and he is rolling 7.40's in the 1/4. I don't need 7.40's, I'm fine with a half second slower. He is lighter no doubt, but I don't how much heavier I will be until all is said and done and I get it on some scales. Then by running the turbo that will be happy in its efficiency range, I might have a little more leeway than koolrays to turn up the wick even more. That's Rob@Modular's job though to get me what I need.

I have even considered going with the twin kit from Rob@ Modular and Chris@CBR performance with the twin T76 turbo's so there wouldn't be any cutting on my car.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

You might as well get on the waiting list now with Marcella manifold to build you a custom intake to fit under cowl.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

I am in the process of a similar build I had Kytp build me a twin turbo kit and LME built me a solid roller lsx 427 with allpro heads, topped off with a marcella sheet metal intake .
Old 11-11-2012, 04:45 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like you have a plan, the guys that run that fast have alot of knowledge and experience. I wouldn't be asking us I would be talking to them. Keep us updated and good luck I'll be rooting for you.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ws602
You might as well get on the waiting list now with Marcella manifold to build you a custom intake to fit under cowl.
I'm hoping I won't have to I have this off the old Hardcore T/A that went 7's with a Procharger. I might have to modify the flange and throat though.

Originally Posted by ws602
I am in the process of a similar build I had Kytp build me a twin turbo kit and LME built me a solid roller lsx 427 with allpro heads, topped off with a marcella sheet metal intake .
Now that sounds killer! You are well on your way to putting down some serious power. Got any pics and when do you think you will be done?

Quick Reply: Will an AES 410 be able to get a full weight street car in the 7 sec zone?