Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Pro Flo XT...install help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Flo XT...install help needed.

Im using my phone and will post a pic when I get inside. I have the intake installed but the brackets from my VIc Jr. brackets do not work to hold down the fuel rails. What did u guys do for fuel rail hold down brackets? Pictures would help a ton.

It does look bad *** though!
Old 12-22-2012, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

From what ive seen edelbrock designed that intake to be used with there specific fuel rails. But guys have made it work with other rails but had to fab there own rail mounts. Im interested myself as I dont want to use their rails
Old 12-23-2012, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GarrettM
From what ive seen edelbrock designed that intake to be used with there specific fuel rails. But guys have made it work with other rails but had to fab there own rail mounts. Im interested myself as I dont want to use their rails
I am using there rails but there is NO provision on the intake like on the vic jr to put the brackets on.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:06 AM
Launching!

did you buy the pro flo rails? they have little angled brackets rather than the victor style u shaped brackets if your trying to reuse yours. The provisions are on the side of the rails instead of the flange base.

PN 3629 for the rails
http://performanceparts.com/images/p...1_20100331.jpg

Also if your running the truck TB you will need a spacer for the IAC or do some grinding on the intake to make a bypass for the IAC. I bought the spacer, works fine.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by typhoon1015
did you buy the pro flo rails? they have little angled brackets rather than the victor style u shaped brackets if your trying to reuse yours. The provisions are on the side of the rails instead of the flange base.

PN 3629 for the rails
http://performanceparts.com/images/p...1_20100331.jpg

Also if your running the truck TB you will need a spacer for the IAC or do some grinding on the intake to make a bypass for the IAC. I bought the spacer, works fine.
I got the throttle body on and the IAC in no problem. I had to drill 2 holes for the UMI throttle body and I used a bolt and lock nut. It fits perfect now.

I did not know there were Pro Flo rails. That sucks. I have edelbrock rails and thought they were the same for both intakes. I guess I will have to get the Pro Flo rails.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just cut ya a couple pieces of aluminum, and drill some holes and bolt them in, or drill new holes through the bottom of your fuel rail, next to the original holes and line them up with the bolt locations on the proflo.

You can get little 1/2" strips of AL at Lowes, i use that since its bendable.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAX04
Just cut ya a couple pieces of aluminum, and drill some holes and bolt them in, or drill new holes through the bottom of your fuel rail, next to the original holes and line them up with the bolt locations on the proflo.

You can get little 1/2" strips of AL at Lowes, i use that since its bendable.
Okay, a stupid question.....On the Pro FLo it looks like the rails just bolt right next to the intake, where as on the vic jr they are about 2" from the elbow. Any one have a couple pics of the rail actually mounted so I don't screw it up. It looks like it would be easiest to drill the hole in the rail. Unless I screw up. Maybe I should try strips of AL from Lowes. It would at least off set all the black.

A couple close up pics of the rail mounted if someone has them. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Give me about 10 minutes, the proflo i have now, when i bought it, came with speed inc rails, they just drilled new holes in the rails, ill set them in their and snap a pic, they are hanging on my wall since im not using them.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Give me about 10 minutes, the proflo i have now, when i bought it, came with speed inc rails, they just drilled new holes in the rails, ill set them in their and snap a pic, they are hanging on my wall since im not using them.
Cool. Thanks man. I really appreciate it.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Here you go, they just drilled new holes in their rails and cut a few strips of alum. I did this same method on my truck intake that i had as well.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is what I needed to see. Thank you very much. I might get this **** finished up today.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Veteran

if you get it done, videos or BAN!
Old 12-23-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you get it done, videos or BAN!
I'll see what I can do. Don't want to sound like a wuss but I ran 23 miles this morning and kind of just chillin watching some football for a little bit. I am training for Ironman Texas and at age 44 this **** wears me out. lol
Old 12-23-2012, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

sorry off topic, but does the proflow fit without modification? I have an slp H.O hood. just curious. thanks
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, I got all the brackets made and all everything hooked up, wiring harness hidden, etc.. I ran into two issues and couldn't figure out anything with the materials I have. First, the throttle body actually sits lower than my Vic Jr so I am going to have to re route how I did my fuel regulator. Not such a big deal but I will need to get some of the nice braided steel line that bends easier than the stuff I use from the truck company.

2nd issue is also because the throttle body sits so low I was not able to use my intake pipe. I trimmed a little here and there and the next thing you know I had nothing left. lol Anyways, I am just going to take one of my 90 bends and make it as small as I can, cut a hole in the side and re do where my BOV is.

I think this is going to look a whole lot better but I do like how clean everything looks with it.
Attached Thumbnails Pro Flo XT...install help needed.-pro-flo-1.jpg   Pro Flo XT...install help needed.-pro-flo-2.jpg  
Old 12-25-2012, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Okay, need some help. Got the intake on, everything connected with the new brackets, etc.. However, on the intake on the injector that goes in cylinder number 8 that injector felt as though it "sat" in the hole a little lower. The holes looked the same and nothing weird but the injector just drops slightly lower. I even tried a different injector and did the same thing, so it is the hole on the intake. So I go and turn on the fuel pump to check for leaks and sure enough I have fuel spraying out the top of the injector where it meets the fuel rail. I know that I seated the injector but I did not put any grease or anything on the "O" ring. Any ideas how to stop the leak before I take it apart or what to do about the fact the injector sits a little lower in the hole on number 8?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Launching!

the rail is twisted, unbolt the rail from the intake, and retest, the brackets may need some tweaking to make them seat correctly, it may look fine,but the rails twist a bit and can cause the orings to leak a bit once bolted on. should be a easy fix.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by typhoon1015
the rail is twisted, unbolt the rail from the intake, and retest, the brackets may need some tweaking to make them seat correctly, it may look fine,but the rails twist a bit and can cause the orings to leak a bit once bolted on. should be a easy fix.
Okay, cool. Thanks. I was thinking it should be simple. Looks like there can be a little up and down play with the rail. I probably twisted it when I tightened down all my fuel lines. I should have held the rail while I did it.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allout06
sorry off topic, but does the proflow fit without modification? I have an slp H.O hood. just curious. thanks
On a 4th gen fbody, it does not fit without modification. You have to at LEAST cut your cowl, and usually hood modifications as well. But after those two, it will fit under a stock Fbody hood. As evidence by my car. lol
Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 200 Likes on 108 Posts

So how did the install turn out? Got mine delivered today. What did you guys do to plug the port on the pass-side?

Quick Reply: Pro Flo XT...install help needed.