Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Cost of ceramic coating turbo parts. Jet hot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cost of ceramic coating turbo parts. Jet hot?

Just want to get an idea on what you guys paid to have your hotsides ceramic coated, and whether or not i should go ahead and do the turbine housings also. Which companies do you prefer? Its a custom twin turbo setup, Dual down pipes obviously that will bout routed around each side of the engine. heres an idea of what im working with. Turbonetics 66/65's

excuse the filth. the engine bay is getting painted.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I paid $600 for a complete exhaust system, twin turbo piping, and turbine housings. Everything from bumper to bumper.

Now I do it myself with Techline coatings.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Techline coatings explain more?
Old 01-15-2013, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default coating

Do the swaintech coating and be finished with it. The coating is second to none. Spendy but worth it. I did everything except the turbine housings since I have turbo blankies and I did the down pipes all the way down to where it mounts up to the exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails Cost of ceramic coating turbo parts. Jet hot?-carbay.jpg   Cost of ceramic coating turbo parts. Jet hot?-carbay2.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting.

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/hi-p...-coatings.html

Might have to invest in an airbrush, stuff is pretty reasonably priced.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in that Techline coating stuff. I wonder how good it holds up over time.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:27 PM
gpr
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used the techline coatings and done it myself. It works okay. It definitely isn't as nice as swaintech or jet hot.... Also you will have to bake it on in your oven. wow did my house smell horrible for a long time. It is like any ceramic coating where if you want it shiny you will have to polish it and even then if it gets hot will dull.

I'd recommend swaintech as well. I think they are a little more expensive but is by far the best coating and works the best to keep temps down.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Teching In

Default Ceramic Coating Turbo Components

Originally Posted by allout06
Just want to get an idea on what you guys paid to have your hotsides ceramic coated, and whether or not i should go ahead and do the turbine housings also. Which companies do you prefer? Its a custom twin turbo setup, Dual down pipes obviously that will bout routed around each side of the engine. heres an idea of what im working with. Turbonetics 66/65's

Coating the hot side components i.e. headers, down pipes and turbine housings are the most important, but if you're going to do that you may as well do the rest of the system.

As for specific coatings you want to make sure that whoever does your work does NOT use a bright ceramic on any of the hot side parts. You'll want a 2000F+ material for this application. As you can see from the jet hot headers below, these types of ceramics are not rated for extreme turbo temps. On the other hand, we do get a lot of guys that use them on cold side parts because they are great at insulating the intake tubes and guys like the polished chrome look.

Bright Jet Hot on a Duramax Diesel

Coated Intake Tubes

Old 01-17-2013, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Default Ceramic Coating Turbo Components

Coating the hot side components i.e. headers, down pipes and turbine housings are the most important, but if you're going to do that you may as well do the rest of the system.

As for specific coatings you want to make sure that whoever does your work does NOT use a bright ceramic on any of the hot side parts. You'll want a 2000F+ material for this application. These are usually in the gray, silver, black variety. As you can see from the jet hot headers below, bright ceramics are not rated for extreme turbo temps. On the other hand, we do get a lot of guys that use them on cold side parts because they are great at insulating the intake tubes and guys like the polished chrome look.

Bright Jet Hot on a Duramax Diesel

Coated Intake Tubes

Old 01-17-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

thanks for the replies everyone. interesting types of coatings for sure!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CCPcoatingscom

As for specific coatings you want to make sure that whoever does your work does NOT use a bright ceramic on any of the hot side parts. You'll want a 2000F+ material for this application. These are usually in the gray, silver, black variety. As you can see from the jet hot headers below, bright ceramics are not rated for extreme turbo temps. On the other hand, we do get a lot of guys that use them on cold side parts because they are great at insulating the intake tubes and guys like the polished chrome look.
Damn, i like shiney lol. Black will be ok to though. Do you guys d powder coating at all? i planned on doing the cold side in a black powder coat.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Jet Hot high temp coating on my truck, I chose the Black although you can get different colors. The shiny coating is only used below 1350f and should not be on any turbo parts before the turbo for sure. My coating has been on for about 25000 miles and still looks perfect.

Kurt
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Damn, i like shiney lol. Black will be ok to though. Do you guys d powder coating at all? i planned on doing the cold side in a black powder coat.
BLACK can look pretty Bad ***.....

Quick Reply: Cost of ceramic coating turbo parts. Jet hot?