Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Root/Twin Screw - Supercharge Options

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Root/Twin Screw - Supercharge Options

Bravo to all those Turbo / Procharged Cars, but I dont want It. <(Period)

I have researched 98-02 F-Body Root or Twin Screw Kits.....
Maggie - Magnuson, Whipplie , Lyshyom Vortech ... you name it !!

All the info is stuck between 2008 - 2010 on Superchargers & the only Hot builds in 2013 for LS Supercharged Builds are for GTO's / Holden's ....

Is there any SuperCharger option that replaces the Intake for any
LS1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,A what ever, that could fit under 98-02 Hood ??

Extreme Modifications Accepted !!

Last edited by Reaperchild; 02-26-2013 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Anything will fit with "Extreme Modifications" Hell, you could fit a big block with an 8-71 blower on it if you really wanted to.

The reason you don't see many/any positive displacement build for 4th gens is the height restriction for the manifold. To even get the 112 to fit, you had to cut the cowl, drop the motor, and then it maxed out at like 500rwhp, and still cost you upwards of $7000.

This has been done about a dozen times on here, but people started to see the light that the money invested wasn't worth the outcome.

So if you want to fit a big Kenne Bell or Whipple, they make LS sandrail kits, so then it's just a case of hacking off your windsheild wipers and cowl, then dropping your motor and then figuring out the accesory layout.

Anything can be done with enough money.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Bravo to all those Turbo / Procharged Cars, but I dont want It. <(Period)

I have researched 98-02 F-Body Root or Twin Screw Kits.....
Maggie - Magnuson, Whipplie , Lyshyom Vortech ... you name it !!

All the info is stuck between 2008 - 2010 on Superchargers & the only Hot builds in 2013 for LS Supercharged Builds are for GTO's / Holden's ....

Is there any SuperCharger option that replaces the Intake for any
LS1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,A what ever, that could fit under 98-02 Hood ??

Extreme Modifications Accepted !!
Yup put a 4.0 whipple on it and dont look back!

Be prepared to cut out your cowl, wipers etc... There is not a direct bolt in everything stays kit out there for the 4th gen fbody. People have tried and failed. But for extreme modifications, you either have to do it yourself or have a shop do it. Heck, anything can be done just what The Alchemist said! How much money do you have is the question...
Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just like both of the guys above said. If you have the $ and don't mine hacking up your car to get it done you can put about anything under the hood. People have put whipple superchargers on 4th gens, but you have to cut the cowl, remove the wippers, and lower the engine a bit.... I looked at putting a twin screw on my car for ever and finally decided it just wasn't worth all the $ and hacking of my car. Now I have parted together a complete d1sc procharger kit that is easy to install and I have $3k total into it.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys for the $$$ Prep talk,

Lets put usefull info on this thread. Honestly I don't think its that IMPOSSIBLE !!
but with the lack of Information .. every step will be a hassle ....
So this thread is to absor as mush usefull information gathered around whether from mistakes or success stories from around the members of this forum.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Reaperchild
Thanks guys for the $$$ Prep talk,

Lets put usefull info on this thread. Honestly I don't think its that IMPOSSIBLE !!
but with the lack of Information .. every step will be a hassle ....
So this thread is to absor as mush usefull information gathered around whether from mistakes or success stories from around the members of this forum.
Can you answer these questions?

1. Do you have $8k plus to spend?
2. Do you have the skills to tackle a project with a lot of custom work?
3. Do you mind cutting your cowl, removing your wipers, and lowering the engine?
4. Are you willing to take the time, do the research and piece the parts together while your car sits torn apart for a long period of time?

If yes to all the questions than you shouldn't have any problem.... All you have to do is get one of the blowers used for a GTO or w/e and start piecing together parts. Than start cutting the cowl where needed and remove the wipers for room for the blower.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Exclamation

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Can you answer these questions?

1. Do you have $8k plus to spend? yes
2. Do you have the skills to tackle a project with a lot of custom work? maybe
3. Do you mind cutting your cowl, removing your wipers, and lowering the engine? I need a picture done to determine but yes i will cross the average bar
4. Are you willing to take the time, do the research and piece the parts together while your car sits torn apart for a long period of time? Isnt this a start ?

If yes to all the questions than you shouldn't have any problem.... All you have to do is get one of the blowers used for a GTO or w/e and start piecing together parts. Than start cutting the cowl where needed and remove the wipers for room for the blower.
Replied to all your questions above !
Now here is something to start with ... Lets bring more usefull data to the table.
Whipple dont have a kit (I Called last Week)
Couple of Other Sites Claimed they do make a kit (Pic's of 2008 Cars)
Magnuson Maggie max out at 550HP (From the forum research )...

On the Fastest Stock Bottom FI list there is a Vortech V & a Kennebell !! Figure to start asking them !!
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 PM
10 Second Club

You might try and search through and see what guys have done it and then pm them and link this thread to them.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Launching!

Well its fair to say em vettes get all the goodies & f-body fab theirs on forums, nothing wrong with that but these turbo vettes are going wild ... Its like every vette is got a twin turbo installed. The goal is 10 second weekend warrior, Turbo (Moderate) , Twin Screw (out of the Box), Nitrous (Traditional).

8000$ for 500hp max is bull!!
500$ nos kit will do the trick for 500hp.
Turbo - too much pipes (emission's failure).

Desicions desicions!!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

I had nitrous for awhile and didn't like it all that much... Now I have a d1sc kit pieced together good for 800hp with only 3k into it! Easy to install also
Old 02-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
I had nitrous for awhile and didn't like it all that much... Now I have a d1sc kit pieced together good for 800hp with only 3k into it! Easy to install also
Its only because of the annual passing/emmissions that this car wouldn't see any pipes under the hood.

Looks like I'm going custom !! Time to call some forum sponsers.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

start buy finding out how your going to lower the motor. usually mounts and K members will change this.

buy the kit

install it.

cut, and fab as you go.

there is a good reason why there is no info on these sorts of builds on 4th gens, but you can be the one to change all that.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The eforce blower has a lower height than the 112 Maggie. I'm really surprised Edelbrock has never released a kit for the forth gen crowd. If that blower can fit under a factory c6 hood it should be no problem in a Camaro or Firebird.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:37 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

The hood isn't the problem, it's the cowl. You can put a bigger hood on, but it doesn't change that the back 4 cylinders are under the cowl.

No big deal if you are willing to get rid of windsheild wipers. But if you're afraid of emmsions testing, then you should be concerned about not having windsheild wipers.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

http://www.hawksthirdgenparts.com/pr...arger-Kit.html
Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

$5995 for maxing out at ~520 rwhp. Not worth it at all.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 PM
10 Second Club

Whats the reason for not wanting procharger?
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I wouldn't even waste my time or money. Don't want to deal with the heat issues from a top mount and the power falls too early.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably going to get flamed for mentioning this, but have you considered a side mount positive displacment setup? Comes with its own problems but MIGHT allow for a PD/TS sucpercharger to be installed.

Also worth reading wrp's thread about his whipple GTO. Loads of great info on there and the extent he had to go to to get the whipple to work well.

Just an idea!

Chris.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:51 AM
Launching!

Arrow

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Probably going to get flamed for mentioning this, but have you considered a side mount positive displacment setup? Comes with its own problems but MIGHT allow for a PD/TS sucpercharger to be installed.

Also worth reading wrp's thread about his whipple GTO. Loads of great info on there and the extent he had to go to to get the whipple to work well.

Just an idea!

Chris.
I dont care if he check's out his camera too often on his thread videos .... coz he should be .... WOW !!! 15000$$$ ......

Quick Reply: Root/Twin Screw - Supercharge Options