Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

those of you with the AES 390

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sad to hear . Hope it was just a mistake or communication error.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know about you guys but If I catch a long red light on the streets, I change my oil.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by RonA
Sad to hear . Hope it was just a mistake or communication error.
No, had a lot of phone Time with Brian at AES, and he knew this was a boost engine with 1000rwhp in mind. My problem was I paid 90% of the build up front, and got dicked around for 3 months. Lots of conversations and assurance from Brian of what I was getting.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Sorry to hear.glad i read this.are u fixing engine urself or haveing someone else go through it?
Old 11-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dmaxvaz
No, had a lot of phone Time with Brian at AES, and he knew this was a boost engine with 1000rwhp in mind. My problem was I paid 90% of the build up front, and got dicked around for 3 months. Lots of conversations and assurance from Brian of what I was getting.
Sorry to hear that. When I started looking for a builder they were the first place I talked to.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by burbalanche
Sorry to hear.glad i read this.are u fixing engine urself or haveing someone else go through it?
Having machine shop locally go through it
Old 11-15-2014, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear that. When I started looking for a builder they were the first place I talked to.
Ron, I hope you didn't use them for your build. There is a lot better out there: Baker Engineering, Steve Morris Race Engines, HKE, Proline, ERL, LME, Boroski, ect.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Ron, I hope you didn't use them for your build. There is a lot better out there: Baker Engineering, Steve Morris Race Engines, HKE, Proline, ERL, LME, Boroski, ect.
I did not use them. I spent several months looking around and found someone that was a bit closer. So far I'm more than pleased with the attention to detail, and he has me buy most of the parts myself so I'm pretty confident what is going inside. All I have left to go is the piston coatings, and the rocker arm assemblies. Hoping to eventually see the same HP out of this that I did with my Cummins(but only half the torque).
Best of luck to you getting this sorted out.
RonA
Old 11-15-2014, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did not use them. I spent several months looking around and found someone that was a bit closer. So far I'm more than pleased with the attention to detail, and he has me buy most of the parts myself so I'm pretty confident what is going inside. All I have left to go is the piston coatings, and the rocker arm assemblies. Hoping to eventually see the same HP out of this that I did with my Cummins(but only half the torque).
Best of luck to you getting this sorted out.
RonA
Diamond Pistons has a New hard anodized process and skirt coatings that would hold up to top fuel type of abuse and more. I would look into it. $50 a piston

Last edited by dmaxvaz; 11-15-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Diamond Pistons has a New hard anodized process and skirt coatings that would hold up to top fuel type of abuse and more. I would look into it. $50 a piston
I wonder if they would coat pistons from another manufacturer? I imagine material type would have to be considered. Thanks for the information.
I just noticed you said it took 3 months to get the motor built? That seems really fast. My 6.7 took 18 months, and I figure this Dart will be at 9-10 months if all goes well. Most of that has been the cylinder heads(just like the 6.7 Cummins).
Old 11-15-2014, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wonder if they would coat pistons from another manufacturer? I imagine material type would have to be considered. Thanks for the information.
I just noticed you said it took 3 months to get the motor built? That seems really fast. My 6.7 took 18 months, and I figure this Dart will be at 9-10 months if all goes well. Most of that has been the cylinder heads(just like the 6.7 Cummins).
not sure. What pistons did you go with? Diamond is what most builders use
Old 11-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Launching!

Mine came from CP.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they also rate their cast crank shortblocks at 700rwhp over what the crank manufacture says it's good for and test them in 2500lb cars when their biggest business is guys with full weight street cars.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
I dont know about you guys but If I catch a long red light on the streets, I change my oil.
haha, I change my valves at long red lights and traffic jams, lol.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

**** hey... Haven't heard a good story in a while about AES. Two friends of mine here in AUS who I recommended go through them have had nothing but trouble and I look like a piece of **** for the recommendation...

I myself had nearly two years of crap... Kinda over dealing with O/S companies though, i'll just fix whatever needs fixing.

My engine was shipped with numerous open holes and there was sawdust everywhere. Going to pull the heads and check everything now.. I guess a VRS kit & head gaskets will be cheap insurance.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Anchor
**** hey... Haven't heard a good story in a while about AES. Two friends of mine here in AUS who I recommended go through them have had nothing but trouble and I look like a piece of **** for the recommendation...

I myself had nearly two years of crap... Kinda over dealing with O/S companies though, i'll just fix whatever needs fixing.

My engine was shipped with numerous open holes and there was sawdust everywhere. Going to pull the heads and check everything now.. I guess a VRS kit & head gaskets will be cheap insurance.
why wasn't the engine wrapped in plastic and then in a crate? I know you spent boatloads of $$ with those crooks.
Old 12-11-2014, 08:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow AES was also my first call about a 390... the guy seemed iritated on the phone so i never called back but always read about AES bein on guys top 3... of course they probably never dealt with them. I went with Thompson Motorsports and so far.. couldnt be happier
Old 12-12-2014, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

I had a 390 built a few years back when Frazer was there. Took a little longer than promised but had no problems. Anyone use Golen?
Old 12-13-2014, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mike13
I had a 390 built a few years back when Frazer was there. Took a little longer than promised but had no problems. Anyone use Golen?
Yeah, things were better when Frazier was there full time. Now it's just a **** show.
Old 12-14-2014, 07:22 PM
9 Second Club

Billy Briggs!

Quick Reply: those of you with the AES 390