Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers
View Poll Results: WhichBOV/ByPass loudest at all times @8-12lbs????
ProCharger-. PROFLO-BULLET
0%
ProCharger-. BigRed
18.75%
-Vortech.- Mondo
0%
-Turbosmart.- BIg Bubba
6.25%
-Tial 50
62.50%
-JGS 50 or 60
12.50%
-Jodar 50mm
0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?

Which BOV/BY-PASS (open) for ProCharged application not planning on going over 12-14lbs. (& Maybe why this or that one) I Want it to be as loud as possible at all times (at idle & high RPM shifts,yes I would love it to sound like a "street sweeper")
-ProCharger-. PROFLO-BULLET , BigRed Race
-Vortech.- Mondo
-Turbosmart.- BIg Bubba,
-Tial 50
-JGS 50 or 60
-Jodar 50mm

I've heard & read some are not open much at idle so I want to avoid those, don't want to deal with surge. + I want it as loud as possible at all times.
So any one with knowledge/experience with any of these with a low-mid level boost (8-12lbs) S/C setup please help me out here. I know what the BigRed sounds like with a F-1 at 17lbs but thats not what im dealing with on this Vette. I'm leaning toward the BigRed,PROFLO-BULLET or Tial. ???????
Thanks for your time & input
Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Exclamation VOTE if you have any input!!!

Please vote anyway if you don't want to post.
Oh if you vote on the poll plz post what # also so this thread doesn't disappear to fast.

post 1. for ProCharger-. PROFLO-BULLET
post 2. for ProCharger-. BigRed
post 3. for Vortech.- Mondo
post 4. for Turbosmart.- BIg Bubba
post 5. for Tial 50
post 6. for JGS 50 or 60
post 7. for Jodar 50mm

THANKS again for your time & input.

Last edited by Murder_C5; 05-11-2014 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Default BOV or By Pass Valve

I like Tial, going to be running one on my LS2/Buick T type , with ECS Paxton Novi 2000 blower system, They look the nicest,

My friend has the big red Procharger one on his F1-C 2001 camaro , its ok but i like the look of the polished or Black Tial anyday

Im running the little Procharger swing arm By pass valves on my D1-sc procharged camaro , im running twins and have one munted off of each intercooler, to me this works best when running twins, There are the better black ones they cost about 125-150 each from what i remember,

each one is good for up to 10-12 PSI acording to procharger and at the time i called them and asked if running 15psi could i just add another one they said yes , mount it to the other intercooler, so i did and they work great.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
I like Tial, going to be running one on my LS2/Buick T type , with ECS Paxton Novi 2000 blower system, They look the nicest,

My friend has the big red Procharger one on his F1-C 2001 camaro , its ok but i like the look of the polished or Black Tial anyday

Im running the little Procharger swing arm By pass valves on my D1-sc procharged camaro , im running twins and have one munted off of each intercooler, to me this works best when running twins, There are the better black ones they cost about 125-150 each from what i remember,

each one is good for up to 10-12 PSI acording to procharger and at the time i called them and asked if running 15psi could i just add another one they said yes , mount it to the other intercooler, so i did and they work great.
Im running twins also, By Procharger swing arm By pass are you takling about the "Butterfly Valve type" like the reg ProFlo Surge Valve? (not the PROFLO-BULLET) ? Im running 1 of the "reg Pro-Flow" now & it leaks boost & not loud enough.
Is the Tial open completely at idle & cruze like the Big-Red ? I can't get a strait answer on that. Thanks.
The 1st&2nd pics are the reg Pro-Flow, the 3rd is the Pro-Flo Bullet.
Attached Thumbnails BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?-procharger-butterfly-2.jpg   BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?-procharger-butterfly-bypass.jpg   BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?-procharger-proflow-bullet-1.jpg  
Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

When the Tial will be open depends on the spring size you put in it. Go with a really light spring and it'll be open at all times except for wot.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

JGS 60mm Bov @ WG here.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Default Bov

Originally Posted by Murder_C5
Im running twins also, By Procharger swing arm By pass are you takling about the "Butterfly Valve type" like the reg ProFlo Surge Valve? (not the PROFLO-BULLET) ? Im running 1 of the "reg Pro-Flow" now & it leaks boost & not loud enough.
Is the Tial open completely at idle & cruze like the Big-Red ? I can't get a strait answer on that. Thanks.
The 1st&2nd pics are the reg Pro-Flow, the 3rd is the Pro-Flo Bullet.
I have the regular swing arm ones, But mine are a little older, but they are Black and come apart in case you want to rebuild them or put a new diafram in, I dont remember seeing that much space between the blade and body while the butterfly is closed either, I run two of them and have a breather on each of them to preven any dirt from getting in etc,

The billet one you show looks pretty nice, how much was it and how much boost is one good for?
Old 05-13-2014, 02:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
When the Tial will be open depends on the spring size you put in it. Go with a really light spring and it'll be open at all times except for wot.
Is their an "in-between" spring for the Tial in S/C apps That would start closing the valve at or around 1/2-2/3rd throttle? I still want BOOST without having to completely "nail it".

Originally Posted by LS2Ttype
I have the regular swing arm ones, But mine are a little older, but they are Black and come apart in case you want to rebuild them or put a new diafram in, I dont remember seeing that much space between the blade and body while the butterfly is closed either, I run two of them and have a breather on each of them to preven any dirt from getting in etc,

The billet one you show looks pretty nice, how much was it and how much boost is one good for?
$280ish & I think good to around 10lbs, I may be completely wrong on the boost capabilities of the BULLET.

Any one have experience W/the Bullet,Big-Red & or the Tial?
Old 05-13-2014, 04:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Murder_C5
My Tial Q BOV (with the supercharger spring) is indeed open at idle & cruise.

However, I don't personally have to be at WOT for it to close. It closes whenever the car is under a decent amount of load, maybe somewhere in the 50% throttle range. And it is fairly loud -- my car sounds like an angry street sweeper when not under load.

I believe they changed the spring colors though -- mine was the "pink" supercharger spring, which I think is now "green."
Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Alex94TAGT
My Tial Q BOV (with the supercharger spring) is indeed open at idle & cruise.

However, I don't personally have to be at WOT for it to close. It closes whenever the car is under a decent amount of load, maybe somewhere in the 50% throttle range. And it is fairly loud -- my car sounds like an angry street sweeper when not under load.

I believe they changed the spring colors though -- mine was the "pink" supercharger spring, which I think is now "green."
I appreciate the input. What head unit are you running & around how much boost? Thanks again

Quick Reply: BOV / BY-PASS opinions which one?