Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

kit like APS or CAS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kit like APS or CAS?

Hello everyone, i want to turbo my 02 ws6. I do not want to remove front plate or fogs. Kinda want a "stealth" set up. I have seen pic of the cas and aps systems, and it looks like they fit in the engine bay as is. Does or can anyone make a similar system? If so who? Thanks for your input everyone!

Bruce
Old 12-30-2014, 08:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Oh, i think Modular turbo? IF that was their name made a kit that was supposed to be bolt on and didnt have to modify anything?? Its been a few years and i think they only sold a few, not sure if they still are or not, look them up on here...i cannot remember the name of the guys who built them...

It appears they are no longer a vendor here.. NOt sure if they still do them or not...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...turbo-kit.html
Old 12-30-2014, 05:57 PM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

Look at the turbo tech kit at granatelli's web site. They have them for the 98 to 02 ls1 f bodies. Cheap it ain't though.
Old 12-31-2014, 07:31 PM
Launching!

granatelli's kit looks good. No idea what it might run though. Aren't they usually expensive? Any other ideas? ??
Old 01-01-2015, 08:54 AM
rwb
TECH Enthusiast

I believe right around 10k. but it does fit and come with everything.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Any turbo kit for a 4th gen is not cheap and usually requires some cutting up of the car. For intercoolers the only way to have it efficient is to go water cooled if you want no cutting of the nose since that is how it cools the boost.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
Any turbo kit for a 4th gen is not cheap and usually requires some cutting up of the car. For intercoolers the only way to have it efficient is to go water cooled if you want no cutting of the nose since that is how it cools the boost.
Or go e85 with no intercooler
Old 01-01-2015, 11:30 PM
Launching!

Thats the reason i liked the aps kit. as far as the a2w intercooler ; after hours of searching, i still really dont get how to mount the a2w intercooler. i get the remote reservoir, and i need a heat exchanger. But thats as far my knowledge goes. How would i go about mounting 1 w/o cutting up the car? Anyone got pics of theirs?
Old 01-02-2015, 05:15 AM
Launching!

There really aren't too many places to mount a heat exchanger on a 4th gen car if you're going to make the nose off limits.

I can only think of 3 good places.

1. in the air stream ahead of the radiator. Problem is you're now dumping hot air onto the radiator and/or ac condenser

2. between the front frame rails using a scoop. Problem is you have to pick up air from below the air dam which funnels air into the radiator so it hangs really low and also channels air up into the engine bay

3. mount two smaller heat exchangers in the splash panels similar to the procharger dual intercooler setup. Problem is you're adding even more complexity to the system and more fluid (weight)

All three would probably need fans added to them as well.

As far as the a2w core itself you could have one built that would fit where the battery/overflow sit without too much trouble. Just use a smaller reservoir and move the battery to the rear.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Launching!

did i misunderstand the APS kit? i thought with that you dont need to cut up the nose? can any1 chime in on how they do it, or if i am wrong please...
Old 01-10-2015, 10:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastbird02
did i misunderstand the APS kit? i thought with that you dont need to cut up the nose? can any1 chime in on how they do it, or if i am wrong please...
Very minor trimming, more of two little slices and bending back a lip. It's all in the installation instructions.
Old 01-10-2015, 11:21 AM
Launching!

How tough would it be for someone who makes turbo kits to make something similar? Single or twin wouldn't matter..
Old 01-10-2015, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JAX04
Oh, i think Modular turbo? IF that was their name made a kit that was supposed to be bolt on and didnt have to modify anything?? Its been a few years and i think they only sold a few, not sure if they still are or not, look them up on here...i cannot remember the name of the guys who built them...

It appears they are no longer a vendor here.. NOt sure if they still do them or not...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...turbo-kit.html
If you have the means, why don't you just get a hold of them, their twinturbo system is pretty nice.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boo"SS"t
If you have the means, why don't you just get a hold of them, their twinturbo system is pretty nice.
They do not make them anymore. Once upon a time I was sitting on some cash and was ready to buy.

Op, anything can be made, you would need exact dimensions for it to be correct, though. There is a guy on Facebook selling an APS kit with upgraded turbos for cheap. I could track him down if you're serious.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a shame the CBR kit didn't get as much interest selling as it did when they took the time to ask the guys here what they wanted to see in the kit. If CBR could have made a few more kits in the beginning it would have helped guys like you out. I was lucky enough to get in while they still had one and what it has done is perform exactly like it was suppose to. Without question the most inclusive, well built twin kit, ever made for these cars.

Quick Reply: kit like APS or CAS?