Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Opinions on ETP 255cc heads for my combo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 06:42 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Opinions on ETP 255cc heads for my combo?

I just scored a set of these heads off a 418 with the Jesel Mohawk shaft rockers. They are the cathedral ports. Being originally from the naturally aspirated world, these seem like extreme overkill for my little 6.0 but how bad do you think they will kill velocity or cause excessive turbo lag? I was trying not to stroke this engine, but those seem like huge heads for that small of a cubic inch. I haven't bought my crank yet so a 4" arm is still an option if needed. My current turbo is an S484 with a T6 1.32 housing.

Here are some of the options I am looking at in my price range.

1) I already have forged rods and pistons for my 6.0. Just build it and let the air flow with my small BTR stage 2 cam.

2) Sell the pistons and stroke the 6.0 to a 402. If I stroke it, should I also get a larger cam?

3) Do the same thing as the 2 above, but with an LS3 block for the larger bore.

4) Any other opinions or options that can be done with a production block.

5) Sell these heads and find a set of 225cc heads.

Keep in mind I only want to spin the engine under 7k rpm and run max boost of 22 pounds or less to try and get into the 8's. Not really wanting to go bigger turbo either since this one should make as much power as my stock block, 3800 pound, 275 tire street car can use or handle.

Last edited by Ratical; 01-23-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's some info to get you started on your decision.
**Edited, oops, forgot the link**
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-question.html
I had the same decision with my ETP 245's. I wound up keeping them, but spent quite a bit on shaft mount rockers for them. The thick deck was what I was focused on, but I imagine you can find that with lots of as-cast heads nowadays.
I actually have a 2nd set of shaft mounts that were sent by mistake, that the vendor was notified of multiple times and never sent a return packing slip for them.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:41 PM
8 Second Club

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Some good info in your thread. Luckily I got the whole system off a running engine. The only reason the guy changed them, (father in law of a good friend of mine) is because he had 12.5 to 1 compression on his combo and he wanted to run pump gas. I got the heads, Jesel Mohawk shaft rockers, 3/8" pushrods and all the bolts and hardware just as they were removed from his engine. They already have upgraded springs for a solid roller combo.

Glad to hear you are finally getting your combo figured out.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i vote for stroked ls3, and these heads will work real well

Quick Reply: Opinions on ETP 255cc heads for my combo?