Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gen IV 4.8 / Huron Speed Turbo Build!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 02:25 PM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice looking build. Been debating on a kit for my t/a for a long time now, either that or my '99 4.8 truck
Old 10-26-2015, 04:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CGCBandit
Nice looking build. Been debating on a kit for my t/a for a long time now, either that or my '99 4.8 truck
either way, shoot me an email! lets get you your own thread to start!

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED
Old 10-26-2015, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Don't use this diagram, it's easy to cross your 12v fuel pump wire with a 5v reference and soon after you'll be repin ing your PCM. Ask me how I know.. Send me a pm and I will email you the one I've started using.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:55 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed. I have the same kit I'm about to install (s484). What size rear tire are you running? How hard was it installing the 4l80e?
Old 10-29-2015, 09:36 AM
Launching!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Huron Speed
either way, shoot me an email! lets get you your own thread to start!

-Casey
lol email on the way
Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by s25hanh
subscribed. I have the same kit I'm about to install (s484). What size rear tire are you running? How hard was it installing the 4l80e?
I'm running a 315/35/17.
An I don't actually have a 4l80e yet. That's my plan is to install one so I don't have any experience with it yet. Hoping it'll be fairly straight forward
Old 11-09-2015, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Little update! My Eboost2 controller arrived as well as my "little" S475. Motor is at the machine shop cleaned up an ready to put together as soon as I figure out for sure what I'm doing. On the hunt for a 4l80e and a fuel pump.

Old 11-10-2015, 08:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn, the turbo sitting next to the gallon of milk puts it into perspective just how big those Borg turbos really are.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

This is pure fun. I love those little 4.8's... Everyone treats the 4.8 like it's training wheels, but I think they are fantastically capable.

Anyways, great photographic documentation. Keep it up with the pictures and details.

PS. Look at the turbo next to the milk jug, and then realize that 4.8L is only 1.26 gallons. Lol.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Just another update for you guys, looks like this build may take a little longer than I had planned. So some good news and bad ; bad news is I had to sell my daily driver so I had to fork out some money for a new one. But luckily the good news is I picked up another f-body with a added little surprise for my current build! So after selling my old daily this set me back about $2,600. But I think it was worth the setback.
2000 Camaro z28
Hooker Longtubes
3" Y-pipe full magnaflow exhaust
CAI
Shift kit
& best of all a Quick Performance Ford 9" housing with moser axels and a Roush Yates center section with a detriot locker and 3.70 gears. Less than 500miles on the rearend.

So now I have a rear end for the car I'm just waiting to find a good deal on a 4l80e and I can get started back on the build for the T/A

I think this rear end will look pretty darn good under the WS6 if I do say so myself!

Old 05-11-2016, 04:10 PM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

SUBD. ANy more updates..?
Old 10-17-2016, 06:29 AM
Teching In

Okay, so for all of the guys following this post.. I apologize for not being very active in the last year. I haven't realized just how long it has been since I started this until I got on here today. I am still making progress, slowly but surely and I will try and get back on here shortly to update with all of the new pictures and information. Some of you may be disappointed but my setup has made some major changes since I first made this thread so that is part of the reason why it has taken me so long!. Also I am in the middle of moving into a new home so just bare with me guys.
Thank you guys for the comments and recommendations along the way, I think you'll be pleased.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mavn
SUBD. ANy more updates..?
Will try to post them soon.
Old 10-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Okay guys I finally got around to it, so I'll try and update this thread with the progress I've made so far. Honestly the car should have been done by now but working on a budget and having things change has kind of set me back.

So I'll start where I left off.. For all the comments about my 10 bolt not lasting very long hopefully this will help lol. I got the 9" Swapped out of my Camaro into the ws6. Needless to say having both of my cars out of commission with no rear end in them wasn't the best idea but it was worth it, I think it looks much better in the TA if I say so myself.

Got the 9" out of the z28 and ready to go.

Putting the old 10 bolt in the z28 first since I had to get the daily back on the road.

After getting the rear end out we figured out why the car had crappy brakes. Someone had the calipers on the wrong side and they weren't bled properly, even though they marked it lol.

Got the brakes and calipers swapped around.

This definitely wasn't an easy task trying to balance this thing on a jack with no lift lol. A LOT heavier than the little ol' 7.5

Finally in the car.

BMR Tunnel mount adjustable torque arm and driveshaft safety loop showed up.

Everything in!! Still working on a few issues trying to adjust everything right.. Turned out fairly nice.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Teching In

So after getting the rear ends swapped I came across a pretty good deal and decided to trade my Camaro for a truck.

New daily: 2000 5.3 Silverado 1500 rcsb 2wd. Longtube headers & full exhaust.
Never owed a truck before but I'm sure It'll be handy hauling all these parts around.

Saying our goodbyes!

Wasn't to sure on the color, but it's growing on me.

Pretty clean truck, runs great!

Fighting the urge not to mod this thing already lol.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:17 PM
Teching In

I'll get back to the fun stuff on the next update. Have plenty more pictures to post but I got work in the A.M

Quick Reply: Gen IV 4.8 / Huron Speed Turbo Build!