Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gen IV 4.8 / Huron Speed Turbo Build!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Am WS6 Huron Speed Single Turbo Build!

My build has changed since I created the thread but i can't figure out how to change the title

Okay guys I'm still new on ls1tech an still trying to get a feel for how everything works on these forums so cut me a little slack. Anyways I've decided to start my first build thread for my car to show the progress and hopefully the results once it's finished!
So first off let me start by saying this was really nothing more than a pipe dream for me but thanks to the guys at Huron Speed it's slowly becoming a reality! To anyone who is on the fence about purchasing a kit, wanting to go turbo, or debating on which kit to buy like I was. DO IT! An don't hesitate to go with Huron Speed! I can't tell you enough how happy I am with the kit and customer service I have received from this company. If you are anything like me, spending any sum of money online is a hard decision especially not knowing who your dealing with or what you will actually receive. Nowadays customer service and trusting that you will receive a product worth your money is becoming harder to find. BUT let me tell you these guys have you covered! This kit is quality! Very well put together and you can tell they put effort into making something worth your money. If you have ANY questions send casey@huronspeed.com a email and he will get you started and help you get the perfect kit for your build.

Okay so onto the build. Car is a 2000 Trans Am WS6 A4

Current Setup: Stock LS1 with SLP CAI / TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes / 3" Catted Y / SLP Cat-back / 3.73 gears / Suspension. Dyno Tuned at 339rwhp & 337tq

Build in progress:

Motor
Huron Speed V2 A/C T4 Single Turbo Kit with PT7675cea
-GenIV 6.0 365ci
-K1 3.622 Crank
-Callies Ultra H-beam rods w/ ARP2000 bolts
-Wiseco 4.005" -11cc Pistons
-LJMS Stage 1 Turbo Cam w/ BTR .660 Springs & Titanium Retainers
-Johnson Link-bar Lifters
-317 Heads
-ARP Main Studs
-ARP Head Studs
-LS9 Head Gaskets
-LS6 Intake

Transmission
-4l80e
-Circle-D Pro Series Stage 3 258mm Converter

Fuel System
-Deka 80# Injectors
-Nasty Performance Stage 3 Line Kit
-Squash Performance Dual Walbro In-Tank Pumps w/ Hobbs Switch

Rear-end
-Quick Performance 9"
-Moser Axles
-Roush Yates Center w/ Detroit Locker
-3.70 Gears

Suspension
-Spohn Lower Control Arms
-Spohn Rear Sway Bar
-Spohn Upper & Lower Pan-hard bar
-Spohn Sub-frame Connectors
-Spohn Strut Tower Brace
-BMR Tunnel-mount Adjustable Torque Arm w/ Driveshaft loop
-BMR Turbo K-Member

Last edited by xLastOfTheBreedx; 10-25-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Let me start by saying you have a beautiful WS6. I think you made a wise choice in going with Huron Speed. I've been a member here for a long time and I don't think I've yet to hear a bad thing about Huron Speed as a company, and everyone that has purchased from Huron Speed goes out of their way to talk about how great their customer service is. With that said, I do have a few questions about your build. The first question is why did you elect to go with a junk yard 4.8 in lue of the LS1 you already have? The second question is what type of HP are you shooting for? I think the 80lb injectors should carry you pretty far, but the single Racetronix fuel pump with hotwire kit may not be the best choice, but again, I guess it depends on what HP level you're shooting for. Have you put any thought into running twin pumps and having one on a hobbs switch? I look forward to your build. If I were to do a turbo setup, I'd go the Huron Speed route too.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool deal. Start putting pennies away for a ford 9in.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Staging Lane

I'm going to stay tuned on this thread and will most likely have one down the road myself. I purchased my T4 non-AC kit about a month and a half ago and it looked outstanding out of the box as well. I am currently rounding up the rest of my parts to support the build.

What is your goal for the setup?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Let me start by saying you have a beautiful WS6. I think you made a wise choice in going with Huron Speed. I've been a member here for a long time and I don't think I've yet to hear a bad thing about Huron Speed as a company, and everyone that has purchased from Huron Speed goes out of their way to talk about how great their customer service is. With that said, I do have a few questions about your build. The first question is why did you elect to go with a junk yard 4.8 in lue of the LS1 you already have? The second question is what type of HP are you shooting for? I think the 80lb injectors should carry you pretty far, but the single Racetronix fuel pump with hotwire kit may not be the best choice, but again, I guess it depends on what HP level you're shooting for. Have you put any thought into running twin pumps and having one on a hobbs switch? I look forward to your build. If I were to do a turbo setup, I'd go the Huron Speed route too.
Thank you very much! I appreciate that. An yea, they are definitely a great company. Just trying to do my part by sharing my experience an giving them the recognition they deserve.
An to answer your questions. For 1 really my only reason for the swap is because I wanted to go with a iron block. With my ls1 already having 130k I didn't want to risk dumping money into that. It started out looking for a 6.0, gave up that idea an decided to do a junkyard 5.3 build. Found a deal at the dealership for $300 heads to oil pan. It's a 2012-2013 motor so it has very few miles. Got it all tore apart and come to find out it's a 4.8 lol. So I figured with it being so new of a motor, the internals are exceptionally clean. An with it being a gen 4 An since 4.8s are actually better for boost I decided to just go with it. An hopefully hurt a few 5.0 feelings along the way haha. As for your 2nd question. My original power goals were in the 650-700 range an I didn't have the funds for a different fuel system. But now I am debating going with a dual pump route, or maybe something different so I can turn it up to about 800. Just haven't decided if I'm going to see how far the racetronix pump goes, or swap it out now. I'll have picture up of my motor progress tomorrow hopefully. Only bad thing was they left it sit outside for a week in the rain so it needs cleaned.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 PM
Teching In

So yea my goals for this is really anywhere in the 6-800 rwhp range. I know it's a pretty broad margin but it's a 100% driven street car so not to dead set on any specific output.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

That 4.8 will handle all you can throw at it. If I'm not mistaken, the Racetronix pump is only good to about 550 rwhp, and your setup will exceed that by a lot. I'd look into dual pumps. You can fit them in the stock bucket and have a system that can handle around 800 rwhp. The fuel section on here has a lot of threads relevant to what you're trying to do. I'm looking forward too the updates.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
That 4.8 will handle all you can throw at it. If I'm not mistaken, the Racetronix pump is only good to about 550 rwhp, and your setup will exceed that by a lot. I'd look into dual pumps. You can fit them in the stock bucket and have a system that can handle around 800 rwhp. The fuel section on here has a lot of threads relevant to what you're trying to do. I'm looking forward too the updates.
Yea I'm hoping it'll stay together for awhile haha. An so what pumps would you recommend? I was thinking of maybe going the dual Walboro route. Can I use the hotwire kit with different pumps other than the racetronix?
Old 10-20-2015, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dual Walbro would be a good choice. I believe others have used the hotwire kit with those pumps, but I'd do a bunch of research on here. I guess you could also opt for a bigger single pump too.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Staging Lane

Im doing kinda the same thing with my 4.8, (fabbing my own kit though) so im really looking foward to seeing this !
Old 10-20-2015, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Doing a similar build i got a sludged up 4.8 i cleaned going to use stock short block 862 more compression heads trick flow 216 cam (287$ shipped) is already in gunna push 26lbs e85 s362 twin turbo got a forged 5.3 waiting when im done learing on the 4.8
Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

If you have the funds an like e85 go belt drive fuel pump
Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the thread, looking good! Appreciate the support and be sure to let us know of anything you may need along the way.

Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What fuel you run will play a huge part in what pumps to run. I am on E85 and have a Racetronix 340, and 2 Walbro 255s' in my tank. I was chasing a fueling issue a year ago and added another pump to see if maybe one was weak. Ended up leaving them in there though. The Racetronix is on all the time and the other two come on with a Hobbs switch.

If/when I need pumps again then I will be going with two Walbro 450's.

Good luck on the build. You have a great start already!
Old 10-21-2015, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
What fuel you run will play a huge part in what pumps to run. I am on E85 and have a Racetronix 340, and 2 Walbro 255s' in my tank. I was chasing a fueling issue a year ago and added another pump to see if maybe one was weak. Ended up leaving them in there though. The Racetronix is on all the time and the other two come on with a Hobbs switch.

If/when I need pumps again then I will be going with two Walbro 450's.

Good luck on the build. You have a great start already!
It will most likely stay on 93 pump gas, e85 isn't really readily available around here. That I know of.
I'm thinking the dual Walbro idea would probably be best or I'm hearing a lot about the Lonnies performance might be an option
Old 10-21-2015, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

You can do the dual Walbro pumps for a lot cheaper than the Lonnies Performance kit. Lonnies kit is bad *** and includes everything you'd need (minus injectors), but at the HP levels you're looking to make, you can piece together the Walbro duals for much cheaper.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Here is a good read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...-tutorial.html
Old 10-21-2015, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Here are some pictures of the progress on the 4.8. It was left outside in the rain for awhile so it could use some cleaning. I've got it all tore down waiting to take everything to the machine shop and hopefully it will clean up nice and everything checks out.

Old 10-21-2015, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Very nice!! I am using the same kit on my car with a 5.3L. Ill be following along on this one.
Old 10-24-2015, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

awesome thread! and thanks for the kind words and the recommendation!

I am here to help anyone out who may have some questions, need some pricing, or want to place an order. im just a quick email away!

thanks again.

-Casey

YOUR SOURCE FOR ALL THINGS TURBO!
CASEY@HURONSPEED.COM
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
TWITTER @HURONSPEED

Quick Reply: Gen IV 4.8 / Huron Speed Turbo Build!