Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

lsx m122 on 4 barrell intake

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default lsx m122 on 4 barrell intake

So I've been doing a lot of research on putting a m122 on a 5.3l as my buddy is changing his out of his gt500. Now I've seen pocket's build and the guy with the bmw who made a lower intake plate. Both options seemed effective, but it seems to me a much easier option presents itself.

Using a Edelbrock Victor Jr. efi intake would it not be very easy to build an adaptor plate from the m122 base to the 4 barrell intake and then make a snout support? Then running a diesel tensioner for the belt.

The only issues I can see running into here is hood clearance, which I'm not worried about and snout length/ alignment.

Anybody have anythoughts on why this might work? Getting pretty close to pulling the trigger just wanted to see if anybody could see a flaw
Old 02-07-2017, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It absolutely could work, is it optimum? Who cares, it'll be cool and unique!
I'm gonna side mount the m122 on the jeep, I'm planning on a dedicated 10/12 rib belt setup on pass side, with some kind of intercooling between discharge and car/truck intake

Intercooling(or lack thereof) is what will hold back max pontential,
Old 02-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

See I would sidemount for the fmic benefits, but I just don't have the tools when I'm at college during the winter. Yeah I figured on spraying meth or water injection at the very least to keep iat down. Tbh I've never really messed with a supercharger before. Done turbos and stuff but wanted to try this
Old 02-08-2017, 09:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole Curtis
So I've been doing a lot of research on putting a m122 on a 5.3l as my buddy is changing his out of his gt500. Now I've seen pocket's build and the guy with the bmw who made a lower intake plate. Both options seemed effective, but it seems to me a much easier option presents itself.

Using a Edelbrock Victor Jr. efi intake would it not be very easy to build an adaptor plate from the m122 base to the 4 barrell intake and then make a snout support? Then running a diesel tensioner for the belt.

The only issues I can see running into here is hood clearance, which I'm not worried about and snout length/ alignment.

Anybody have anythoughts on why this might work? Getting pretty close to pulling the trigger just wanted to see if anybody could see a flaw

If you were to take a close look at any TopFuel blower intake manifold you would see they're pretty much the design!!! Now I do believe they are made of sheet metal, but be it cast aluminum or a fabricated aluminum sheet metal intake, the design is pretty much the same damn thing!!! Well, they do have burst panels incorporated on theirs but that's not to say you couldn't do the same.... But with a tiny little M122 I seriously doubt you'd need one....Anyways, best of luck with your project!!!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

Keep in mind, the discharge are is not in the middle of those blowers. I believe it's rear entry and front discharge. I don't think the snout will be long enough.

Why not the LSA blower with adapter plates?

Andrew
Old 02-09-2017, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

Well to be honest gattago cost of the supercharger as the m122 would be next to free, but looking up those adapter plates that seems real easy. I don't know what the blowers cost but I'll be looking now thanks!
Old 02-09-2017, 12:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 185 Likes on 135 Posts

Ensuring belt alignment could be your biggest nightmare. Making sure all the pulleys are on the same plane could be tough. Slinging belts every time you jump on it would get really old quickly.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
Keep in mind, the discharge are is not in the middle of those blowers. I believe it's rear entry and front discharge. I don't think the snout will be long enough.

Why not the LSA blower with adapter plates?

Andrew
Yes, that's a very good thought!!! I suppose I my thoughts defaulted to it being a front discharge and being that I have a 14/71 Blower Shop Blower on my 565 and there's plenty variety of different snout lengths for these, I guess I just forgot that would not be the case with that little M122 blower.... But then again, if one is willing to invest in some machine work and materials it could be done!!! Expensive, but very possible!!!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:01 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dacajun
Yes, that's a very good thought!!! I suppose I my thoughts defaulted to it being a front discharge and being that I have a 14/71 Blower Shop Blower on my 565 and there's plenty variety of different snout lengths for these, I guess I just forgot that would not be the case with that little M122 blower.... But then again, if one is willing to invest in some machine work and materials it could be done!!! Expensive, but very possible!!!
Yeah after looking into it Unless your side mounting the m122 or have the tools to make your own intake. m122 a bust when you consider the LSA plates. Far cheaper and easier. The discharge makes the carb intake an issue. Would have to do a dual quad intake and at that point it ends up cheaper to go with LSA.

Quick Reply: lsx m122 on 4 barrell intake