Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Anyone running PTK/PTS turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone running PTK/PTS turbo kits?

I was wandering if anyone was running these kits? im thinking about maybe getting one of these in the near future with a t-76. i guess my main question is what kinda power can these kits put out? im lookin for 700-800 rwhp. Im assume with a forged motor along with additional mods that these kits can put out that much power. Am i wrong? also i would like to know what heads and pistons yall are using. thanks
Old 03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

bboyferal, darren P, and a couple others have them
Old 03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Okie02
I was wandering if anyone was running these kits? im thinking about maybe getting one of these in the near future with a t-76. i guess my main question is what kinda power can these kits put out? im lookin for 700-800 rwhp. Im assume with a forged motor along with additional mods that these kits can put out that much power. Am i wrong? also i would like to know what heads and pistons yall are using. thanks
I'm looking for the same... I had some holdups recently but my car is waiting for enough miles on the new Textralia clutch (and me to find the time to get back down to Carolina Auto Masters) for the dyno tune. It's driving around on a 'safety tune' right now.

Unfortunately, I won't have all of the back half of the system together in time for the numbers I'm looking for. I have a Nasty Nate tank on the way, big pump, and controller... Right now though, the car has rails, 60#ers, boost-ref'd FMFPR, stock line used for return, MSD boost-a-pump, and a racetronix pump and wire kit. I will be all kinds of happy if I can make 650 with the current setup, but I should be able to say by the end of the week... Hopefully before too long I can get the rest of the fuel system under the car to find out what the setup will really do.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

The right fuel system you'll need anyway. Forged motors? You have alot of choices... For the turbo? The PTS will get you there with a 76 whichever way you go. I hope to be there in a year or two, but I have to stick to my 7# spring for now...
Old 03-13-2006, 10:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
The right fuel system you'll need anyway. Forged motors? You have alot of choices... For the turbo? The PTS will get you there with a 76 whichever way you go. I hope to be there in a year or two, but I have to stick to my 7# spring for now...

Boost controller, another trip to a dyno to look over the tune (or HPtuners, a wideband, and some pavement ), and 10lbs....
Old 03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I've been missing from this topic, but my quest to do the PTK on the stock bottom end fizzled out a month ago... we were frickin' 98% done with the install and in the process of tuning SD on the dyno when we started losing boost... and seeing some crankcase pressure. Tests revealed good ol' #7 just wasn't gonna hold on for the high horses.

Instead of a rebuild I figured it would be a good time to get a new block, so I went with a forged 346 LS6 from Andy at A&A. That's going into the car this week, Nick and Josh at Newtech doing all the work... also upgraded to a McLeod twin disk while I was at it. So hopefully we'll have some tuning done by next week sometime.

So to answer a couple of the questions above, I'm running AFR 225's 72cc for the heads, 60 lb injectors, FAST fuel rails/76 mm intake, twin fuel pumps, alkycontrol methanol, eboost2 controller. This is for the PTK 67 mm, with a Griffin FMIC.

Jose at Forced Inductions is a good guy to talk to re: your HP goals. I'm pretty sure a T76 will get you where you want to go at reasonable boost.

Good luck,

Rich
Old 03-14-2006, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RW99
Sorry I've been missing from this topic, but my quest to do the PTK on the stock bottom end fizzled out a month ago... we were frickin' 98% done with the install and in the process of tuning SD on the dyno when we started losing boost... and seeing some crankcase pressure. Tests revealed good ol' #7 just wasn't gonna hold on for the high horses.

Instead of a rebuild I figured it would be a good time to get a new block, so I went with a forged 346 LS6 from Andy at A&A. That's going into the car this week, Nick and Josh at Newtech doing all the work... also upgraded to a McLeod twin disk while I was at it. So hopefully we'll have some tuning done by next week sometime.

So to answer a couple of the questions above, I'm running AFR 225's 72cc for the heads, 60 lb injectors, FAST fuel rails/76 mm intake, twin fuel pumps, alkycontrol methanol, eboost2 controller. This is for the PTK 67 mm, with a Griffin FMIC.

Jose at Forced Inductions is a good guy to talk to re: your HP goals. I'm pretty sure a T76 will get you where you want to go at reasonable boost.

Good luck,

Rich
that sucks about your motor man. i just gotta a few questions about your new motor. what are the specs on your pistons? like how big a dish? and the CH? and what brand of rods are you running? thanks!
Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ttttt
Old 03-14-2006, 08:02 AM
10 Second Club

well guys i have have a ptk thumper kit w/gt47-88mm t/6 flange. i dont have it hooked up yet. i am waiting on my motor(402 iron) to be finished. i have afr 225's,with victor jr intake with a custom elbow with a 90 mm tb.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by jmeister
well guys i have have a ptk thumper kit w/gt47-88mm t/6 flange. i dont have it hooked up yet. i am waiting on my motor(402 iron) to be finished. i have afr 225's,with victor jr intake with a custom elbow with a 90 mm tb.
That's gonna be crazy.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
Boost controller, another trip to a dyno to look over the tune (or HPtuners, a wideband, and some pavement ), and 10lbs....
Sounds like a fairly straightforward plan there...
Old 03-14-2006, 08:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RW99

Good luck,

Rich

What mileage did your LS1 have?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

Hey guys we have a set of Hot Parts on the shelf ready to ship.

Thanks, Dalton
Old 03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by bboyferal
That's gonna be crazy.
I had the turbo in my hands yesterday. It is HUGE PTK makes some sick turbo kits.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
TECH Resident

That's gonna be a beast w/88mm!

bboy, the motor had lotsa miles on it; it sounds funny to say but I haven't driven the damn thing for so long that I can't really remember the mileage! I think about 70k miles. It had held up nicely to the previous h/c setup with 400 rwhp, but just couldn't hold the increased pressures of the turbo once we started making more boost. Trying to look at the bright side, I'm glad that Nick caught it prior to finishing the car... and having it die while driving. And now I feel perfectly fine running a max boost setup on the T67...

Okie, the forged motor has Diamond pistons, -8CC dish. Probe 6.125 forged rods. Can't remember the CR off the top of my head, certainly 9.5:1 or less.

Rich
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmeister
well guys i have have a ptk thumper kit
What is this? Is it different somehow than the "regular" PTK LS1 kit, and if so, how? Any pics?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

ptk thumper kit w/gt47-88mm t/6

All of the hot side and cold side is coated. A2W.

I cant wait to put it on his car.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
ptk thumper kit w/gt47-88mm t/6

All of the hot side and cold side is coated. A2W.
The hot parts are the same? Tha big of a turbo fits in the same location as the "street kit" turbo does? Any pics of the setup?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

Fixed my reply.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

can you keep the a/c with the thumper kit?

Quick Reply: Anyone running PTK/PTS turbo kits?