Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Why I won't be buying the Livernois kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why I won't be buying the Livernois kit

I just got off the phone with some dude at Livernois, didn't tell me his name. Anyway, I explained that I'm in the market for a new power adder for my truck and that it's going on a 408. I told him my I am trying to get to 750rwhp and wasn't sure if their kit will get me their. He said, "oh, no problem". So I asked if they had any dyno info etc and he said, "no, we have only put then on Escalades and don't have an all wheel drive dyno". ok, fair enough. Then he proceded to tell me that their Escalade did the 1/4mi in 12.88 sec and if i just "do the math" that puts it at over 700hp at the wheels. I then explained that that is not true because my truck did the 1/4mi in 13.06 sec and I only have 416hp. He told me that their escalade weighs way more than my truck, which it doesn't, my truck weighs more.

So, although they have a pretty picture of the kit on their website, and although they put it in an escalade and ran an OK time, I don't feel comfortable buying the kit without getting some legit info first.

It amazes me that NOBODY has ever dyno'd one of these things.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Staging Lane

I bet he means 700 at the crank probably puts down 500ish i bet because it traped 107mph the weight I would think would be close to yours and you trap 101 with 415 awhp
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Restricted User

Sometimes you just can't hire good help. Livernois is a good operation otherwise. I will be building several kit version for trucks after I get some done for F-bods and Y-bod cars. I already have truck flanges in production.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:01 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What turbo does their kit use and whats the biggest you can run with it? the biggest I have seen on their setup is a GT67. Not enough for 750 to the tires. Looking at th kit I do not see it as ideal above 700fwhp. I would look into a F1 procharger or a custom turbo setup.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I PM'd Rick over at Livernois for you. Maybe you talked to the janitor, who knows.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G-force has done one of there kits on a 408 and a 76 it is in the 600's but they are still having tunning issues and the motor developed a knock so the motor is back at LME and when its back they will refinish tunning and then they said they were going to put an 88 on it ,but who knows that was through a 4L80 also. Good luck I am sure there kit can do it as long as you have a fuel system etc...
Jeff
Old 03-14-2006, 10:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DanaliHD
I just got off the phone with some dude at Livernois, didn't tell me his name. Anyway, I explained that I'm in the market for a new power adder for my truck and that it's going on a 408. I told him my I am trying to get to 750rwhp and wasn't sure if their kit will get me their. He said, "oh, no problem". So I asked if they had any dyno info etc and he said, "no, we have only put then on Escalades and don't have an all wheel drive dyno". ok, fair enough. Then he proceded to tell me that their Escalade did the 1/4mi in 12.88 sec and if i just "do the math" that puts it at over 700hp at the wheels. I then explained that that is not true because my truck did the 1/4mi in 13.06 sec and I only have 416hp. He told me that their escalade weighs way more than my truck, which it doesn't, my truck weighs more.

So, although they have a pretty picture of the kit on their website, and although they put it in an escalade and ran an OK time, I don't feel comfortable buying the kit without getting some legit info first.

I am sorry that whoever answered the phone was not giving you accurate info. The bottom line is you're probabaly going to need a 76mm turbo at the least. We made about 600 rwhp with the converter slip in the Escalade with a bone stock engine and a 67mm turbo. Converter slip will be your biggest battle to see a number in the 750 hp range at the wheels. I can tell you this, we have a customer who has our kit in a Silverado with a 408 and he made 746 to the wheels with the 76mm turbo kit. This customer was also at high elevation, so you should be better.

I hope this info helps

Thanks

Dan Millen
Livernois Motorsports
www.livernoismotorsports.com

Last edited by Dan Millen; 03-14-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:16 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Just a question, why didn't you buy a Diesel, put a chip in it for $750.00 and make 600 hp? The GM trucks run like crazy with the chips in them. It's cool what your doing, it just seems the hard way to do it in the truck. Andy.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dan Millen
I am sorry that whoever answered the phone was not giving you accurate info. The bottom line is you're probabaly going to need a 76mm turbo at the least. We made about 600 rwhp with the converter slip in the Escalade with a bone stock engine and a 67mm turbo. Converter slip will be your biggest battle to see a number in the 750 hp range at the wheels. I can tell you this, we have a customer who has our kit in a Silverado with a 408 and he made 746 to the wheels with the 76mm turbo kit. This customer was also at high elevation, so you should be better.

I hope this info helps

Thanks

Dan Millen
Livernois Motorsports
www.livernoismotorsports.com

Dan, that is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for when I called today. I would love to talk to the guy you are referring to because that is exactly my combo and goal. Shoot me a pm with details if you don't mind. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LASTLS1
Just a question, why didn't you buy a Diesel, put a chip in it for $750.00 and make 600 hp? The GM trucks run like crazy with the chips in them. It's cool what your doing, it just seems the hard way to do it in the truck. Andy.

this doesn't even deserve a response. kinda like when people ask me why didn't i just buy a trans am or camaro.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

this doesn't even deserve a response. kinda like when people ask me why didn't i just buy a trans am or camaro.

Like I said, it wasn't a bash. I have a truck that I mess around with also. It's just unreal how much power a Duramax can make.
It was just a question.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:24 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan, that is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for when I called today. I would love to talk to the guy you are referring to because that is exactly my combo and goal. Shoot me a pm with details if you don't mind. Thanks.
You have a pm

-Rick
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

i pm'd the guy with the silverado ss. I think there may be some confusion here. I'm waiting to hear back from him.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Fullthrottledan1

What did 2toneblown make with the kit in his truck? 408/76 combo?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fullthrottledan1
What did 2toneblown make with the kit in his truck? 408/76 combo?
to the best of my knowledge, he never dyno'd it OR took it to a 1/4mi track. He did tell me he LOVED it and would choose it over a F1 any day.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Fullthrottledan1

thats why im not procharged anymore. turbo is where its at IMO. My numbers will come soon
Old 03-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Launching!

I've driven several S/C and Turbo vehicles including the F1 ProCharged Mustang and Turbo Escalade and both are fast but in different areas of the powerband. The Escalade power came on quick and saw full boost by a low RPM wheras the Mustang doesn't make power until it's in the upper RPM range. Another example and the reason Livernois designed the turbo kit was because they had a Denali with a ProCharger and on a large vehicle like that it needs to make power and torque down low and with the ProCharger, by the time it made power it was time to shift and it never ran anywhere near as good or fast as the Escalade.

Here are some videos of vehicles with the kit (Mostly the Escalade):

13.50's w/ GT-37 @ 8 lbs.

14.25 @ 93 mph w/ GT-40 @ 5 lbs.

14.35 @ 94 mph w/ GT-40 @ 5 lbs.

12.88 @ 107 mph w/ GT-67 @ 13-14 lbs.

Just playing around - GT-67 @ 5 lbs.

Turbo Escalade EXT

GT-37 @ 5 lbs.

Turbo Silverado

GT-67 Silverado

-Rick
Old 03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Addict

i'm hoping to hit 11's this season. i need to buy a power adder asap. livernois may in fact be the way i'll go.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Fullthrottledan1

I really like their kit. If your having a hard time deciding, youve got my vote for them.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:59 PM
8 Second Club

Livernois knows their stuff and remember they ran the 12.88 on 24 inch rims and full-weight with all the extra stereo and what not stuff in it...and it got squirly on the launch as well so you know there's a lot more in it...

Quick Reply: Why I won't be buying the Livernois kit