Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

I'm looking for recommendations concerning my goals for FI :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question I'm looking for recommendations concerning my goals for FI :)

I've decided to go Turbo after being N/A for 5 years

I wanted to buy Solobaric's Incon System but I wasn't first in line

In '01-02, I tried for nearly a year to locate an Incon TT Kit for sale with no luck. Harlan inspired me with his set-up since he recently, at the time, installed the Incon system and had his TurboHawk running like a bat-out-of-hell

Harlan corresponded with me on the install and necessary precautions of the set-up but, as I said, I was unable to find one of the limited production systems.

From my research so far, with the lack of availability of an Incon Kit, it looks like a PTK Kit would be best for me.

I'm looking for my Firehawk to be a daily-driven, fully-optioned and loaded, full-weight 650 rwhp car. I'll have a new set of heads made and obviously a different cam (with a few helpful suggestions in that area ). I DEFINITELY want to keep all of my accessories including the A/C Not sure if I can, or even should, run the LSX 90/90 I currently have I'm hoping I'll still be able to run my Corsa exhaust though

Could anyone chime in as to what exact kit I would need?

I have a racetronix fuel pump and F.A.S.T. 36 lb. injectors (injectors haven't been installed yet). Would this fuel system be sufficient?

I'd like to run everything off the stock PCM since I do all of my own tuning and I've tuned supercharged LS1'S in the past; although I'm not sure how radically different a Turbo tune would need to be.

Thanks in advance for any input

Christopher
Old 03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not sure that if you would be able to keep the AC, but you surely need to upgrade those injectors.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad8266
Im not sure that if you would be able to keep the AC, but you surely need to upgrade those injectors.

what abiout a tti street kit?

it will allow you to keep the ac and push those limits

def bigger injectors

i would upgrade the fuel lines and some high flow fuel rails with a regulator

Last edited by SINISTER; 03-20-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by brad8266
Well if there is no kit available that would allow for all of the accessories than I'll just use my Direct Port System and dump the Turbo dream.

I already have the complete Zex Direct Port System (I'd only be running a 125 shot) installed on my car with the Zex Racer's Kit; I just haven't taken it to the dyno or even connected the line to the bottle yet.

If I found a suitable Turbo System I would just throw the Direct Port, H/C, and Kooks on my other LS1.

I could probably exchange the 36#er's for bigger sizes if need be. Or throw them on the WS6 with the other goodies and buy the necessary size for my car.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the AC is kept with the PTK kit. I know there are other kits that allow the AC to be kept. I guess you already know forged internals would be in your best interests but I didn't see that anywhere in your post.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Contact blk01ss about my old CAS kit. I make 500 +, 500+ at 55% throttle (at which point trayy blew) ...kept A/C and ran on factory PCM...
Old 03-20-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Question

Originally Posted by WS-Sick
I think the AC is kept with the PTK kit. I know there are other kits that allow the AC to be kept. I guess you already know forged internals would be in your best interests but I didn't see that anywhere in your post.
Cool. Since Hard 34x's go for less than $3K now, that's not really a purchase concern; when one considers Turbo Systems ranging as high as $7K.

I'll get one when I fry a piston

Originally Posted by Jammer
Contact blk01ss about my old CAS kit. I make 500 +, 500+ at 55% throttle (at which point trayy blew) ...kept A/C and ran on factory PCM . . .
This was a single kit right? How much boost was it running on that set-up? What was the rest of the set-up? How much boost is it capable of running?

Is blk01ss selling this kit or something? Reason?

Thanks for all the replies so far everyone
Old 03-20-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

CAS is a twin kit
Old 03-20-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ABeasst
CAS is a twin kit
Perfect! Pardon my ignorance, but what company makes it and where can I buy one

Any draw-backs to this kit?

Thank you VERY much

Christopher
Old 03-21-2006, 06:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Charged Air systems made it (CAS), but they went out of business and youll have to track down a used one too.
the PTK kit keeps all accesories.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

shoot me a pm about the zex direct port if you sell it
Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 AM
Suspended Sponsor

Give us a call at GMR SPEED, our single kit retains all accesories, and very capable of the power you are looking for.

-Leo
Old 03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Leo@GMRSPEED
Give us a call at GMR SPEED, our single kit retains all accesories, and very capable of the power you are looking for.

-Leo
For my power goals and acompanying upgraded bolt-ons, where would the boost come on for a single kit? How crappy is my low-end torque gonna look compared to a dual kit?

I'm STILL entertaining the idea of shipping you my car to fabricate the dual with accessories

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
Charged Air systems made it (CAS), but they went out of business and youll have to track down a used one too.
The same boat I'm in now

Originally Posted by ddnspider
shoot me a pm about the zex direct port if you sell it
LOL! The Zex DP is WICKED SWEET! I know I'm going off topic in my own thread but my mech did a CRAZY cool install for me. I flick one switch and the power is there at WOT . . . come off the gas it's off . . . back on it's there

It was really tempting to keep it . . . or at least try just once . . . but I would wanna get it to a dyno to get the a/f and I'd rather not waste that money since I wanna change my whole set-up.

Anyway, my Woman wants ALL the modifications I'm taking off my car ON Hers I'd just throw in a 224 cam I have lying around instead of my MS3 because a potential 620rwhp set-up is just too much for Her and my nerves Plus I'd jet Her for 75 instead of 125, but She doesn't need to know that

If either of us changes our minds about the kit I'll put you first in line . . . once I locate and decide on a Turbo kit that is

Everyone is being extremely helpful to a newbie like me so if there's anything I can do in return just let me know
Old 03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BLK01SS is a member here, I beleive he will sell the kit complete .
Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
10 Second Club

I have the PTS/PTK kit on my car
with the correct Turbo this kit is capable of supporting way more than 650 RWHP an it keeps all everything but you do have to relocate the Alt.
it is a single kit and on my car it makes full boost at around 3200 RPM on the street and it made peak boost at 3900 on a Dynojet 224 mobile dyno
peak boost = Peak Tq and on the dyno I made 560 at 3900
it is making a little more on the street I think because it makes a little more boost

I drive the car everyday and I have had no real problems to speak of
other than the stock clutch slipping like a **** and breaking the weak little thingys that hold the Synco rings on to the tranny shaft

it is loosing a little boost on the top end right now but I think that has nothing to do with the turbo kit its self

it is a Kick *** kit

I think bboyferal may be near you and he has the same kit on his car
Old 03-22-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

D1sc procharger (not turbo) w/ a mild motor pushin numbers in sig.....still capable of dd even w/ my locker
Old 03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

PTS will get you the numbers... you're worries and research will be spent on engine and internals... the PTS kit will do whatever you want it to.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Addict

Question

Just a quick question: I have a Meziere EWP and larger SLP radiator; would I see any cooling issues with a 650 rwhp Turbo application on stock cubes?