Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI blow off valve

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ATI blow off valve

Guys I'm running a 408ci..... F1R@ 15#... using the stock blow off valve that came with the P1SC. Under deceleration I'm blowing my plunbing off my TB. Is the Stock P1SC blow off to small? What are you guys running, what do you reccomend? Any help appreciated.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yea its most likely very small...when you decellerate with teh throttle shut..the blower is still moving a ton of air.

go with a vortech mondo or a ati race.

I bought a brand new mondo on ebay for about 120 bucks.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:39 PM
TECH Regular

Default Mondo

Is there a particular one Im looking for... part #???? Thanx again.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:43 PM
9 Second Club

I am planning on getting a Mondo Bypass valve, I have heard thats the way to go unless you want to hear constant chirping from a turbo styled BOV...lol
Old 03-29-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Regular

Default mondo

Is there a specific size BV I should be looking for? If the stock P1SC BV could not relieve fast enough, size has got to matter..... HELP!!!!
Old 03-29-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You have been helped

Get either the Vortech MONDO bypass -OR- An ATI Race Ready Bypass.

A quick internet search of either term will net you a place to buy one.

You will have to change your flange to mount one of these two.
$245@summitracing

Last edited by frcefed98; 03-29-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:28 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the one I am running. And yes it sounds like a big *** portable air compressor leaking lots of air. If you click on the link in my sig you can see a small pic of the bpv.

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=645
Old 04-03-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

you do not want to run a BOV on a blower car....puts a ton of strain on the blower and all youll hear is chirping. and maybe get a crappy idle.

you need a bypass valve.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by Ping King
you do not want to run a BOV on a blower car....puts a ton of strain on the blower and all youll hear is chirping. and maybe get a crappy idle.

you need a bypass valve.
Either system will relieve the pressure and the bypass vs blowoff is more related to the intake tract layout and where the air is "read". It is dependant upon how the whole system is rigged and where his MAF is located. Though, I'd assume that with an F1R, the original poster is not running with a MAF tune and more likely a SD tune. Considering I've seen a hot street camaro with a big block, f3r, and a 4 port fuel system running an ATI-race blowoff valve, I think our friend running an F1R should be fine.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Thumbs up

You need one of these.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
Either system will relieve the pressure and the bypass vs blowoff is more related to the intake tract layout and where the air is "read". It is dependant upon how the whole system is rigged and where his MAF is located. Though, I'd assume that with an F1R, the original poster is not running with a MAF tune and more likely a SD tune. Considering I've seen a hot street camaro with a big block, f3r, and a 4 port fuel system running an ATI-race blowoff valve, I think our friend running an F1R should be fine.
This is contrary to what I've read. I believe Ping King is right. Bypass = open at idle, Blowoff = closed at idle. A blower car wants a bypass so they are open at idle. Running a Blowoff will make wierd sounds on decel and hurt your compressor and supporting components by adding undo strain.

Mike
Old 04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
so what happens when the guy runs a regular BOV and downshifts at 4k? the throttle is closed and the blower is still forcing all that air into the throttle blade....in a turbo car this wouldnt be a problem because the turbo itself would slow.

all of that air has to go somewhere...thats why you cant run a standard BOV on a centrifugal car...you really need to run a ATI or vortech type bypass valve.

the bypass valve is also open at idle...which will allow a smooth idle instead of some surging that can occur.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

and as far as intake tract plumbing...i think youre leaning more towards a recirculating setup more in respect to metering.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:06 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

self... yes yes...brain fart...I was only thinking about the recirculating type as far as meetering goes...appologies.

Buschman...how the hell are you doing, long long time no talk.

Quick Reply: ATI blow off valve