Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Got on full boost finally

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 03:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got on full boost finally

full boost only being 9psi, but the car moves on that! Feels very very fast, I need to get it on the dyno / next to a bike / to the track to really tell. AFRs are 10.5-11.5 and sometimes richers where we need to tune it still.

I also hooked up my TIAL 50mm BOV correctly and it is much louder now, before I had it going to a source before the throttle which was not helpful at all but it still opened, now behind the throttle blade it opens and makes quite a bit more noise.

Old 08-05-2006, 03:58 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well that is good progress..
Old 08-05-2006, 03:59 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by VINCE
Well that is good progress..
Indeed, the car has also been driven a few hundred miles since being put together with no major problems. I think I finally nailed it.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:44 AM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostaholic
Indeed, the car has also been driven a few hundred miles since being put together with no major problems. I think I finally nailed it.
They say patience is a virtue. Hard work pays off 75% of the time..
Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

full boost only being 9psi, but the car moves on that! Feels very very fast, I need to get it on the dyno / next to a bike / to the track to really tell. AFRs are 10.5-11.5 and sometimes richers where we need to tune it still.

I also hooked up my TIAL 50mm BOV correctly and it is much louder now, before I had it going to a source before the throttle which was not helpful at all but it still opened, now behind the throttle blade it opens and makes quite a bit more noise.

i just did the same thing changing the BOV reference to after the TB and the car sounds much more like a turbo car should and louder to boot congrats
Old 08-05-2006, 07:22 PM
8 Second Club

Good stuff man!
Old 08-06-2006, 02:46 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by VINCE
They say patience is a virtue. Hard work pays off 75% of the time..
lol very true...i wish i would learn to be patient, my life would be so much better right now
Old 08-06-2006, 02:48 AM
Restricted User

good stuff, keep us posted i always like readin up on stuff like this, experiences pple have bla bla bla makes my plans in the future seem alittle less complicated for some reason... take care

Quick Reply: Got on full boost finally