Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Speed Inc Eliminator Turbo Systems Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speed Inc Eliminator Turbo Systems Kit

Hey guys. I am new to the FI world, and have been doing alot of research (thanks to everyone here) on going Forced Induction, on what all is involved, what all of the hidden costs and work is involved, what needs to be changed/upgraded so your weakest link doesnt blow on your first pass, etc. I was wondering if anyone here has purchased the Speed Inc Eliminator Turbo systems kit and could give me feedback on it. I am interested in this kit, but am also looking at turbotechnologyinc LS1 system kit. Is there any other good kits to look at besides those two. I know the first question im going to get asked is what HP am I looking at getting. Well im looking to make as close to 900rwhp on pump gas as possible. If possible I am looking at keeping my AC, and I know Speed Inc has a twin kit that says keeps AC, but am looking for larger single. Is there any other Kits that allow the keeping of AC? Any updated links for some kits would be great and again, thanks everyone for your great knowledge.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

if ur intrested in the hidden costs, read the sticky about the real price of forced induction
Old 10-05-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. I may of made it look like I was asking for the what the hidden costs are, thats not the case thanks to you guys for already posting sticky's that I have studied. What I was saying is I do know about the hidden costs and just wanted to know if anyone has purchased the mentioned kit and how well is it performing for them. Thanks again guys you make life easier by already doing your homework and helping us new to FI out.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM
6 Second Club Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Email Tom@ls1speed.com , he was very good about including all the pricing up front.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

If you want 900rwhp you should look at their twin kit. If you want 900rwhp on pump gas you will need a forged stroker engine, probably need to be over 400ci to get there + meth.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im looking at the Ohio Forced Induction Single Kit https://www.ohioforcedinduction.com/98-02_F-body.html
except with the S-88 Turbo instead of the T67. This kit will let me keep my AC, even with the S88 which is a definate must here in Phoenix. I have a forged Stroked Engine now at 402CI with a Truck Block. What Compression do you suggest I run with this type of setup? I was thinking 8.5.1 or so. I am wanting to run about 15 - 25 boost on 100 octane, 10 - 15 on 93 octane.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by burnham187
Im looking at the Ohio Forced Induction Single Kit https://www.ohioforcedinduction.com/98-02_F-body.html
except with the S-88 Turbo instead of the T67. This kit will let me keep my AC, even with the S88 which is a definate must here in Phoenix. I have a forged Stroked Engine now at 402CI with a Truck Block. What Compression do you suggest I run with this type of setup? I was thinking 8.5.1 or so. I am wanting to run about 15 - 25 boost on 100 octane, 10 - 15 on 93 octane.
if uve already built a block ur gonna have to put new pistons....... and id say shoot for between 8.5-8.2
Old 10-05-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Addict

Lol, expect to have some over heating issues during the summer, trust me.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2000 Tran Am nice numbers, what compression are you running, what CAM?. I plan on changing to Diamond turbo pistons. What would you do to solve the heat issues, if there is anything you can do, but since in about to start the build, would be easier now than later. Anything you would do different?
Old 10-05-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Addict

im running 8.5 : 1

cam is a custom turbo cam, 236/230, not sure lift of lsa. Im running an evans coolant pump with evans coolant, removed the condensor ( need to get one fabbed up to retain AC.

Everything was custom built from Futral Motorsports, my car right now is at AZ dyno Chip in chandler if you wanna go check it out. Im having my mcleod twin disk put back in there.

Id say make sure to either coat/wrap your headers/turbo first. Mine arent coated or wrapped, so Im sure that has something to do with it.

Its getting cool now anyways so I'll start to finally be able to enjoy it.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol, you say its hot there in Phoenix, try it here in Iraq. Im actually here in Iraq right now even though I have a house in Phoenix. I should be home in a few months, now weather that few months is 2 or 6, I still dont know yet. Im a contractor out here. I have a good mechanic doing all of my work for me located at Speed Sports. I will definately have him wrap the turbo and headers with coating. The setup you have looks like what I am going for, for the most part. Did you go with Air to Air or Air to Water IC? Will be back in a couple hours, laptop battery about to die and left PS at work, Oh ya and its 912pm here getting my drink on...
Old 10-05-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Lol, you say its hot there in Phoenix, try it here in Iraq. Im actually here in Iraq right now even though I have a house in Phoenix. I should be home in a few months, now weather that few months is 2 or 6, I still dont know yet. Im a contractor out here. I have a good mechanic doing all of my work for me located at Speed Sports. I will definately have him wrap the turbo and headers with coating. The setup you have looks like what I am going for, for the most part. Did you go with Air to Air or Air to Water IC? Will be back in a couple hours, laptop battery about to die and left PS at work, Oh ya and its 912pm here getting my drink on...

Lol, I hear ya. i was just in israel a week ago (have family there).

I went air to air, because unless your constantly throwing in Ice to the A2W cooler, you will heat soak the setup and loose all your benifits, at least if its for a street car. Drag car is a different animal though.

My suggestion from what Ive heard, Do not Coat AND wrap the turbo and manifolds, do one or the other.

When you get back, hit me up cause I have a guy out here that can coat both up to 500* Celcius for much cheaper then ive found anywhere else.

I would do it to my setup, but its such a pain even trying to change the plugs I dont have the know how to pull the manifolds on my own.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2000 Tran Zam
i was just in israel a week ago (have family there).
im going off topic, but where in israel? my family lives in netanya
Old 10-05-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002/Black/SS
im going off topic, but where in israel? my family lives in netanya

lol, small world.

You know where the "centre" is? my family lives off of etzel street.

its about 2-3 miles from there. Near Petah Tikvah and etzel i believe.

Its all in Netanya too. I also have family in Haifa, Tel Aviv, etc...

Quick Reply: Speed Inc Eliminator Turbo Systems Kit