Old 10-31-2006, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turbo or blower on stock motor

my engine is mainly stock. i have a cam. what would you recommend
Old 10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
FormerVendor

Are you looking at keeping the stock bottom end for a while? Around 500rwhp? Dont mind the whistle noise of a ATI? If you answerd yes to 2 of the 3 questions, then i would say a ati procharger kit is for you.

Any questions, just ask here or give me a call.
Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

turbos will make more power but it is so easy to pick up the phone and have a charger delivered in days. spend a weekend putting it on and have fun.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Originally Posted by robster
my engine is mainly stock. i have a cam. what would you recommend

You can get 100 responses and in the end your question would not have been answered. FWIW Procharger gets my vote.
Old 10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

either one your going to need the surporting mods. fuel system, tune, etc. it just depends if you want the power up top(turbo pulls harder), or down alittle lower(s/c can fade out on the high side). you may need to change the cam you have depending on its size and specs. id read the FI stickies and see which one you like better. other wise, its a personal choice. id do a procharger D1sc. but thats just me.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you are talking about an F-Body it will have more to do with which one you want. Vettes and mustangs can run the screw/roots stlyle blower, which can produce boost almost instantly, and the centerfugal type.If you have an F-Bod you will (most likely)* have to run a supercharger that is the centerfugal type. The two most popular are the procharger and vortec brands. They build boost much like a turbo, ther is alittle lag time. So unless you are a do it yourselfer, find a shop closes to you that specalizes in what you want. That is why I have a procharger myself, on a stock block, at 8psi for over 3years straight. *A roots/screw style can be done but it will require a lot of fabrication to say the VERY least.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Launching!

ok, thanks. My cam is one for forced induction. and i do plan on upgrading the fuel system. Anyone prefer anything in particular?
Old 11-01-2006, 02:58 PM
hashtagBMW

Just dont half *** anything. Thats what I prefer.

Good Luck

Tony.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just remember you get what you pay for... With that said, stuff will break period. So be prepaired for that too. Perhaps not necesaraly break as in piston though the hood, but faster wear and tear on parts. Clutches, rear-ends, tires, pumps, break pads, well you get the picture. One other thing, I believe the tuner kits come with 60lbs injectors now a days.? Dont be fooled into the 42.5 because of price. They work but will be very close to max duty cycle. Get the 60's and be done with it. Oh and the biggggg secret, it has the potential to suck water up into the plenium. So if you are in a rain storm, or run over enough water and the car starts bogging down under acceleration.... water hitting the maf cutting the timing. Found this one out the hard way. So if its a dd keep an eye out. Dont know if the turbo kits do that...
Old 11-02-2006, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

The roots superchargers don't require anywhere near the amount of fabrication that some people think. We offer a complete Intercooled Magnuson kit that makes 7 PSI (perfectly safe for your stock engine) and comes complete with everything you need to install it and drive!

Feel free to let me know if I can answer any questions,
Ed
Old 11-03-2006, 04:44 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by The Red WS.6
Just remember you get what you pay for... With that said, stuff will break period. So be prepaired for that too. Perhaps not necesaraly break as in piston though the hood, but faster wear and tear on parts. Clutches, rear-ends, tires, pumps, break pads, well you get the picture. One other thing, I believe the tuner kits come with 60lbs injectors now a days.? Dont be fooled into the 42.5 because of price. They work but will be very close to max duty cycle. Get the 60's and be done with it. Oh and the biggggg secret, it has the potential to suck water up into the plenium. So if you are in a rain storm, or run over enough water and the car starts bogging down under acceleration.... water hitting the maf cutting the timing. Found this one out the hard way. So if its a dd keep an eye out. Dont know if the turbo kits do that...
ATI does not offer a D-1SC tuner kit, they do with the P-1SC. We are the ones that offer the D-1SC as a tuner kit, and it does come with 60lb injectors.
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=798

This link may help you out with some of your questions. Bob
http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...php?service=66
Old 11-03-2006, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the correction Bob, I got mine almost 4yr ago. lol...
And a roots style with a magnuson, does anyone else know about this? People are always wanting a roots/screw, and so far Ive never seen a roots on an ls1? Holy Moley!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by The Red WS.6
Thanks for the correction Bob, I got mine almost 4yr ago. lol...
And a roots style with a magnuson, does anyone else know about this? People are always wanting a roots/screw, and so far Ive never seen a roots on an ls1? Holy Moley!

Here's a link to another thread that has some pics and info on the Magnuson F body kit. The first 10 kits are in the works now, so you will be able to see more results very soon.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/582864-those-interested-magnuson-kits-f-body-step-inside.html

Ed
Old 11-03-2006, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sweeettt, didnt have that 4years ago...
Old 11-06-2006, 09:27 AM
Launching!

thanks, i will definatley be in touch
Old 11-06-2006, 09:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Go with a turbo kit from OFI, PTS or Turbozone. Either of those kits will make great power and can be used on a daily basis.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:12 PM
Staging Lane

Go blower they are great on F-Bodys

Quick Reply: turbo or blower on stock motor