Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ebay threads

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ebay threads

I notice a lot o people on here including my self ask about items on ebay. I know most ot the times people on here say stay away but i know there can be some good deals on ebay and there can be a lot of bad deals.l I myself would not like to see anyone on here get a bad deal on ebay. I think there should be a ebay thread or sticky or hell even a section just for ebay buying. We need to know what companies to stay away from and what onea are safe to buy from. I know a lot of people have dealed with ebay. Like the big topic about ssautochrome. If there any good or bad or rather its ok to buy a intercooler from them but not turbos. I myself would like to save money where i can and im sure a lot of other people would like to also. We all are not rich or very well off. So I just put this ideal up here just to see what the members say. the reaso i posted in this section cause i see "what do you think about this turbo i seen on ebay" on here a lot so forgive me if i have posted in the wronge section.

Ps Im looking at this turbo what is your imput.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320047129197

Last edited by bumpin_records; 11-13-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a gamble every time, so if you got the money and can afford to lose it, you can take that chance.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bumpin_records
I notice a lot o people on here including my self ask about items on ebay. I know most ot the times people on here say stay away but i know there can be some good deals on ebay and there can be a lot of bad deals.l I myself would not like to see anyone on here get a bad deal on ebay. I think there should be a ebay thread or sticky or hell even a section just for ebay buying. We need to know what companies to stay away from and what onea are safe to buy from. I know a lot of people have dealed with ebay. Like the big topic about ssautochrome. If there any good or bad or rather its ok to buy a intercooler from them but not turbos. I myself would like to save money where i can and im sure a lot of other people would like to also. We all are not rich or very well off. So I just put this ideal up here just to see what the members say. the reaso i posted in this section cause i see "what do you think about this turbo i seen on ebay" on here a lot so forgive me if i have posted in the wronge section.

Well first of all, no way that turbo will support 1300hp with a 74mm wheel...hehe
Old 11-13-2006, 09:58 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I dont know much about ebay I know I was trying my hardest to try and find a used P1SC out there for around 3K complete and for the life of me could not until I came upon this last week http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

I talked with the guy several times over the phone his feedback is good and I have his address the deal was I money gramed him the money on mon which was last week and he would overnight the parts same day so i could have them tues. The shop where his camero is (where its getting a turbo set up) was closed mon and so he said he'd get it out till tues on tues he could not make down to the shop cause they are about an hour and half away so he called em and had them ship it out for him to me. Weds came no package he cannot provide me with a tracking number saying that the shop is closed because the owners mother died but he knows a guy that works there and that guy said it was for sure shipped out. But the guy does not know how and with what company, I called fed ex and DHL both capable of checking by address if something is on its way to you, and they have nothing. UPS and USPS cannot check without a tracking or reference number. I know its all fishy but at least the guy still talks to me daily at least 3-5 times a day and says hes working on it but I am worried of course cause I didnt win the auction for the 2k something, we made a deal prior for 3200 overnight shipped, Even though I did make sure I was the winning bidder. He says hes sure it will be here this week and if its coming UPS then it should be here no later than weds and USPS tues. I have the guys address, names of relatives, and his cell which he has not tried to avoid me on so I am hoping the guy is on the up and up but theres my experience so far. By the way anyone live in New York if I need some help??
Old 11-13-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

He has two Feedbacks, I do hope the best for you but I would count your losses. I really do hope it works out for you.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bumpin_records

AGREED!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bandit1
I know its all fishy but at least the guy still talks to me daily at least 3-5 times a day and says hes working on it but I am worried of course cause I didnt win the auction for the 2k something, we made a deal prior for 3200 overnight shipped, Even though I did make sure I was the winning bidder.
So you say that you made a deal with him before the auction ended but you were still the winning bidder? Are you Karz0? If so you would have only had to pay $2130.00 + shipping instead of $3200.00 shipped.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:09 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Ebay is very risky for hi dollar stuff.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Ebay is very risky for hi dollar stuff.
Agreed. Also no warranty half the time when something does happen. You are just SOL.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by LS2Camaro
He has two Feedbacks, I do hope the best for you but I would count your losses. I really do hope it works out for you.
2 feedbacks and now selling an expensive item ???

Unless I was collecting in person, no way would I be handing over a lot of money.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:01 AM
TECH Resident

one rule with ebay is that if you and a seller cut a deal before auction end then ebay will not help with disputes and its best to use paypal if your going though ebay. Now that was a very badddd choice. I do hope you get your money back some how. How did you pay for the item?
Old 11-14-2006, 06:54 AM
11 Second Club

paid for it through Moneygram they also have a video of him picking it up and all. But I guess if it goes south and I am screwed I learned a hard lesson. I can only hope for the best. I am new to ebay and thought since I had his num, address, relatives names and addresses and numbers, etc etc that it will be okay I guess by the end of the week I will know acually I should know by the end of the day today cause UPS ground should be here today at the latest.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

paid for it through Moneygram they also have a video of him picking it up and all. But I guess if it goes south and I am screwed I learned a hard lesson. I can only hope for the best. I am new to ebay and thought since I had his num, address, relatives names and addresses and numbers, etc etc that it will be okay I guess by the end of the week I will know acually I should know by the end of the day today cause UPS ground should be here today at the latest.
I hope it works out for you.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

same here
Old 11-14-2006, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

i think my biggest concern would have been that the pics only showed a Camaro with a Procharger, rather than a Procharger sitting on the ground, which is what I usually see when folks sell S/Cs and turbo kits...

again, I hope it works out for you
Old 11-14-2006, 09:21 AM
11 Second Club

Thaks guys I appreciate it he called this morning and said it was definitely suppose to be here today or tomarrow, so i hope hes right. Hey fedge you live close want to earn some money hahaha. If nothing I am gunna order another kit today from a buisness and if it does show up ill sell the one I dont use.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

Thaks guys I appreciate it he called this morning and said it was definitely suppose to be here today or tomarrow, so i hope hes right. Hey fedge you live close want to earn some money hahaha. If nothing I am gunna order another kit today from a buisness and if it does show up ill sell the one I dont use.

you need to hook up a recorder and record all conversations and save all messages and there is a company you can file a law suite when you get scamed though the internet. If I find out i will let you know. That is too much money to just say well i guess i learned a lesson. Call judge Joe Brown or something. Judge Alex lol somebody. dont let that go man
Old 11-14-2006, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

Ow I wont let it go thats not even an option I have a wife and shes already kickn my butt over this but regardless it did not come today and so I placed my order with Mike at straightline performance, awesome guy to work with very prompt and professional had me a tracking number within a few hours. Thanks again to you Mike!!! Also Bob at EPP took care of me and overnighted me some injectors, and a new pulley for the system and even took really good care of me with a crank pin kit, Big time great guy to do buisness with as well thanks to you as well Bob! Two very awesome perple to work with and will be doing more in the future with both they listened to my problems and helped me out with questions and concerns. So I will have my kit tomarrow for sure thank god, mike and bob!

On another note I called the guy that supposedly shipped out the other kit and told him that i ordered the other and just wanted a refund and he said that he would send it out this fri for me and i hope he is right he said it was definitely shipped out but like I said I cant get a tracking number and I have yet to see the parts so there ya go.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

He has been a member since Jul-22-06. Sounds to me like he had a previous account, scammed someone, then Ebay cancelled his account, and he started a new one..Good luck, but it sounds like you may end up taking him to small claims court.
Old 11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

well Ill do what i have too Im not letting 3200 get away that easy Im not rich by any means