Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

STS Install 98 T/A.....HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy STS Install 98 T/A.....HELP PLEASE

Hey everyone, I got a used STS kit with no install instructions.... This is not too difficult looking to mount, it is in the car, exhaust is plumbed, and turbo output is in, but the wiring and oil have me a little confused.

1. Where do I get the oil from?
2. Where does the oil return to?
3. I have a wiring haness, it looks like a preasure switch for oil preasure with some relays, and a buzzer , that I would assume is for low oil preasure
4. a Solenoid controlled breather maybe?
5 1 Harness looks like is for the oil pump

BTW STS tech help is not exactly well "helpful".
I knew figureing the wiring will be the worst

ANY help would be great......thanks!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On my LT1 (which I assume is similar to the LS1) the oil comes from an adapter on the oil filter. It returns to the filler tube on the passenger's side.
The pressure switch is to tell when to switch to the higher pressure setting on the oil pump. The buzzer is to tell you when you are SOOL. (xxxx out of luck)
STS only cares about making the sale, so you are SOL.
Old 02-26-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Regular

It seems like it would come off the oil preasure sending unit, which is behind the intake on the LS1 but I don't see a T type fitting in the boxes.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

1. Oil DOES come from the adapter above the filter. Take if off tap it and turn it upside down.
2. Oil returns to the filler cap which is NOT a good idea. Tap the oil pan and save yourself a lot of trouble.. It will be worth it the first time you have to clean all your intake piping of oil...
4. This is probably the pcv system... This is also crap.. You should go with a pcv system that is described several ways in this section.. See search..
5.Not sure what your asking. There is a harness that goes to the oil pump. It disconnects from the front harness. It has the resister and 2 relays in there.

They wouldnt send you instructionss? sts wouldnt?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Ok, I see where to get the oil, Can I tap into the valve cover itself for the return? I will search pcv system
STS ONLY HAD INSTRUCTIONS FOR 92-97 WILL NOT RETURN E-MAIL!!

There is a soleniod valve, looks like goes into PCV system? Maybe off the 1 lb boost switch? I am going to tap oil supply and finish mounting pump then beg for wiring help, but thank you very much!!!!!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Resident

You can tap the valve cover vs. using the oil fill cap, but take the cover off first! Don't get metal shavings down in your engine!

The wiring for it was pretty crappy, took the better portion of 2 days to get installed, routed and tested.

8 hours to install via STS is NOT a reasonable timeframe...try 8 weeks of Sundays spent!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
TECH Addict

Contact TRT (texas rear turbo) and they should be able to help you out
Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

1. You tap into the little grey block on top of your oil filter. Take it off get a 1/8 n.p.t. (I think) tap it and buy a fitting and you got it.

2. The oil returns to your oil cap on your valve cover. If you didn't get an extra oil cap already made like you need it you will have to modify your original cap(like I did).

3. The buzzer goes inside the car with you.(there is alittle gromet behind your computer you can route your wires through) It will alert you if your pump quits working.

4. You hook one side of the breather your talking about to the throttle body and the other side to your valve cover. and yes it keeps your motor from getting back pressure at 1 p.s.i. and above.

5. You hook the harness's toget her route them behind the motor on the drivers side. Hook the 2 harness's together and make your conections on your oil pump and you should be good to go.

I would than turn the key over without starting and see if your pump's turn's on. Than you just gotta hook your oil lines to the turbo and should be good to go. If you have anymore questions, I have the intructions and can help you the best I can. Yes, your correct 8 hours is b.s. It took me 2 months. I have some of the intructions on my computer and can send them through e-mail also. Just let me know what it is and I will send away.

Jimmy
Old 02-28-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks again everybody!!!!! Jimmy aka 00white t/a if you can E-mail those instructs that would be awesome. I am at zapp168@aol.com. I have the turbo in and threaded the oil fitting, I need to get a fitting for it. The pump is mounted the return line is next. I am thinking of putting a fitting in the drivers valve cover so I don't need to cross over.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Launching!

not to steal someone's thread but...could you email those to me as well. I had my sts kit installed and didn't think to ask for the directions. my addy is hossinator81@aol.com. Thanks!