Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Magna Charger for Fbod lsx

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magna Charger for Fbod lsx

Saw this on Late Model speed, and i wonder does anyone have it or is looking to buy one? If you have one, what are you thoughs about it, power gains with ur current set up and etc.
Old 04-22-2007, 11:09 PM
TECH Veteran

I just picked mine up from Ed today as a matter of fact. I do not have a dyno number yet but will have it by tomorrow. It was tuned alittle rich for safety right now, but we will be playing with that. I had the car started a little while back while I was in Iraq. I have set up a time tomorrow for dyno. I needed the car for titleing and reg. stuff so I asked to just get it safe for now. He is too far otherwise or I would have jsut left it there. He is working with me, and we will get it tuned better after more miles and a good ol Damon break in

I took it for a little spin (The car is not registered or titled yet I bought while I was in Iraq and today was actually the first day I saw it lol, something else I need to get done tomorrow as well), just up the street a bit. The install is clean very clean, I will take some final pics of it tomorrow as I did not get back until almost midnight from driving to pick it up. He was going to deliver it but I had things to do in the area so saved him alot of driving and myself. No biggie. Anyway, I punched it a bit with it in second gear and scared the living **** out of my wife She has been with me in my other cars and by far she has told me this one is scary fast for her lol.

My previous two cars was a Procharged C5 (501RWHP/465RWTQ 10# Boost) , a Magnacharger on my 06 C6 (478RWHP/456 RWTQ 5.5# Boost). By far this car is much faster by SOTP feel then both of those. I am not going to assume what the numbers are at this point. I have 7# of boost with the 3.2 pulley, so tomorrow we shall see on a dyno jet. I have nothing but good things to say about Ed and his work. By far has won me over as my primary vender and I highly recommend him, great guy cannot say enough.

Anyway, the car is a beast. Cannot hear the blower right now because at WOT the headers and Loud Mouth kinda drown that out lol. Loud? Oh baby this thing is just plain nasty and I love it. There is still much to be had in the tune with some dyno time. But I needed my car to get titled and a bunch of other things done so a good safe tune for now is all i need. The timing is set at 18 at the most I believe, and around the mid 14's on the A/F. SO we got more in her this way.

Anyhow, hope that helped some. Give him a call he will answer all your questions.

Damon
Old 04-22-2007, 11:26 PM
FormerVendor

Damon,
I can't thank you enough for letting me work on your car. I put about 100 miles on it, and I am very pleased with the way it came out. From all of our conversations, I think it will perform exactly the way you want it to.
Just to clarify, the AFR is 14.7 during normal driving,which is toward the lean side for good fuel economy and goes to mid 11's during boost, which is a little rich so we are very safe under boost, and still getting good mileage and driveability. Once you have a chance to drive it a few weeks, I would like to get it back for a couple days to fine tune the WOT calibration for peak numbers. I am very satisfied with the driveability, and performance, but I do think there is more on the table.

Once I have my own dyno, and don't have to schedule time with others, we'll schedule some time with you, and get that done.

Again, it was great to work with you, and I hope you enjoy the car!

Thank you,
Ed
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 AM
Launching!

glad to hear it turned out well. I've been looking for the install pics-hope to see those soon
Old 04-24-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Interested in seeing the pics and dyno sheet.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Default Looked good!

I saw the car when I was at ED's shop with my car and it looked good. The install is nice and clean.

congrats and welcome home!!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

This is the way I am going. Its going on a bone stock 02 ls1
Old 04-24-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Well weather and a few other things prevented me (no tags and no trailor right now) from getting to the dyno. But here is a picture of it installed on my car. I will post any information once its all said and done.
Attached Thumbnails Magna Charger for Fbod lsx-ss2.jpg   Magna Charger for Fbod lsx-ss5.jpg   Magna Charger for Fbod lsx-ss6.jpg   Magna Charger for Fbod lsx-ss7.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 07:50 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Looking good. The Radix is a torque beast. My truck screams, I cant imagine what it feels like in an Fbod
Old 04-24-2007, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you able to get video of it on the dyno?

Wouldn't a charger like this cause detonation since the intake temps will be higher then an intercooled procharger?

Last edited by -Freak-; 04-24-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Launching!

Man, those pics look sweet!!!! Very Clean install.

Ed, I neeeeeeeeed my parts to complete the order!!!!! I ablsolutely cannot wait to get mine installed and hear/try it out for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:23 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by farmdawg
Man, those pics look sweet!!!! Very Clean install.

Ed, I neeeeeeeeed my parts to complete the order!!!!! I ablsolutely cannot wait to get mine installed and hear/try it out for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mark,

They shipped yesterday via Fed Ex, I'll PM you the tracking info. You're my next top priority, as soon as you get the box you'll be able to get started.

Talk to you soon,
Ed
Old 04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Coal Mining Director

That's a great looking kit.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ed @ Late Model Speed
Hi Mark,

They shipped yesterday via Fed Ex, I'll PM you the tracking info. You're my next top priority, as soon as you get the box you'll be able to get started.

Talk to you soon,
Ed
AWESOME!!!!

Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Veteran

This kit is intercooled. Your tune will correct for the detination. I had a ati on my C5. I liked it, but I put the Magnacharger on my C6 and just cannot argue the torque this thing puts out. Thats why I when I heard about this kit I jumped all over it. I am doing a few more things to the car myself right now and then should have it on the dyno by this weekend.

Damon

Last edited by bd mnky; 04-25-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Ed

Change your mind on the pumps....... : I lost a sale because you never sent payment as you assured me you would.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by helicoil
Change your mind on the pumps....... : I lost a sale because you never sent payment as you assured me you would.
so give the guy a call or pm or email ect..... instead of trying to jack up a tread!
Old 04-26-2007, 12:43 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by helicoil

Sorry, but I have been a little busy. I still want the pumps, but I do have a phone number at the bottom of every post, pretty easy to just give me a call.......PM me your number and I'll call you and straighten it out.

Ed
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 266 Likes on 101 Posts

Default Ed

You have a pm.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Default dyno

Any numbers?

Quick Reply: Magna Charger for Fbod lsx