Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Complete Incon Kit ... how much?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete Incon Kit ... how much?

All,
I have a Complete incon stage 1 kit that i need to get rid of, but i have no idea what to ask for it. If i could get some opinons that would really help me out.

thanks,

Anthony
Attached Thumbnails Complete Incon Kit ... how much?-dsc00376.jpg   Complete Incon Kit ... how much?-dsc00362.jpg   Complete Incon Kit ... how much?-dsc00379.jpg  
Old 05-02-2007, 02:51 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

long ways from complete in the pics...missing air filters....one air filter adapter pipe...intercoolers..y-pipe...one downpipe...butt pipe...butt pipe to maf adapter piece...intercooler to butt pipe hoses....radiator support cover.....
Old 05-02-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cablebandit
long ways from complete in the pics...missing air filters....one air filter adapter pipe...intercoolers..y-pipe...one downpipe...butt pipe...butt pipe to maf adapter piece...intercooler to butt pipe hoses....radiator support cover.....

It's a good thing there's guys like you here who had actually owned these kit before. Good call!
Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Teching In

If it were complete, I'd expect it to go for 3500-4500. Before the new Aussie kits were announced, complete kits were ~ $6k.

I expect all used turbo kits to be worth less once the supply has been satisfied by the new kits. If I were to sell mine which is complete and mint (and stillon the car )I'd be asking $4k.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

the aussie kits are only going to be for a limited time though, aren't they. I thought the aps and gen-tt were just introductry prices. So what you ask for the kit needs to really depend on what you want to get out of it. And just hold firm. The right person will come along.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as cablebandit stated, that kit is FAR from complete going by the pictures. also missing are the y-block with all the oil lines, the FPR that goes back by the pump, coolant lines, the plug that goes into the side of the block for the coolant, the adapter that goes above the oil filter, ( I see part of it in the picture, but not the part that actually bolts into the block, the little vacuum block that goes in front of the fuel evap silonoid, etc, etc. I know I'm really getting into the weeds as far as what's not there and all, but the parts that aren't there have to be fabricated from scratch and that takes alot of time and money, and some of those parts you'd be hard pressed to replace, again, going by the pictures. Are they the GT2871 turbos or the bigger ones? As it sits in that picture, and with all the other options that are out there, I'd be suprised if you got anyone willing to pay $2,500 for that kit as it sits in the pics.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also it would be kind of hard to get all of the parts since they are kind of proprietary right?? It's not like you can just call Incon and tell them what you need... Goodluck to the poster though..
Old 05-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Teching In

thanks for the replies,

I do have the full kit, the rest of the stuff is still on my car, Intake piping, intercoolers and piping from intercooler to intake, oil and coolant hoses with block taps, air filters. I do have everything just not in the pics. I just posted the pictures so you guys would have something to look at as far as condition goes. but knowing that i have the full kit and not listing missing pieces in the picture, how much do you think it is worth? I would obviously gather all parts for a better picture when i put it up for sale.

Thanks for the input.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Teching In

My point is that the aussie kits will eventually be sold used, and with a glut of good kits on the market all used kits will see a decline in value. If you can get around 4000 for your kit right now, jump on it.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If I were to sell mine I would want 5k and would include the first gen eboost and (2) BOV. been thinking about the APS kit.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't lowball it. 4,500-5k.

It's a proven kit. Practically OEM reliability. People get what they pay for, and I think they are getting quite a bit when it comes to this kit. That is why I bought one.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:46 PM
Coal Mining Director

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6

It's a proven kit. Practically OEM reliability. People get what they pay for, and I think they are getting quite a bit when it comes to this kit. That is why I bought one.

Amen.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:22 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Yeah I think 5K is cheap for a proven kit not taking anything away from the APS or others just there aren't many of theres running around in F-bodies yet so we'll see.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post, I will be gathering things up this weekend and hopefully have it up for sale early next week.

Thanks again,
Anthony
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike 01WS6

I agree, that is why I bought an incon kit too I think 4500 would be a good deal, even 5000 would be fair if the kit is complete.

The APS kits look to be the closest thing to the incon kits, but the incon kits dont require an aftermarket k-member, and the turbos are garrett ball bearing units. APS is also not a tested/proven kit yet.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by bowtieman81
The APS kits look to be the closest thing to the incon kits, but the incon kits dont require an aftermarket k-member, and the turbos are garrett ball bearing units. APS is also not a tested/proven kit yet.
If you don't use an aftermarket K member on the F body you are then confined to running small intergrally wasted gated turbochargers that are very power limited...............I truly believe that the mass F body market has moved well past smallish integrally wastegated turbochargers and associated problems.

Peter
Old 05-03-2007, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey! You're not doing anything to hlp the value of the incon kits But seriously the stock kmember is a good thing in some circles and even though the incon is maxed at just 700-800 hp the question boils down to "how traction limited do you want to be"... both kits can get you there easily. aps may have an edge there-o.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by peter@aps
If you don't use an aftermarket K member on the F body you are then confined to running small intergrally wasted gated turbochargers that are very power limited...............I truly believe that the mass F body market has moved well past smallish integrally wastegated turbochargers and associated problems.

Peter
Im going to push mine to the limit! 100% FACT
Old 05-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Teching In

well i'll concede incon has 1 huge advantage - it's availabe now, instead of Sept or Oct
Old 05-04-2007, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I was just curious as to why everyone thinks that integrated wastegated turbos are power deficient and inferior to a turbo with a remote mounted waste gate.

Quick Reply: Complete Incon Kit ... how much?