Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Gen-TT LSX Boost Proof Fuel Rails

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 09:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen-TT LSX Boost Proof Fuel Rails

How many times now have workshops seen aftermarket LSX fuel rails bend the brackets and push the injector O-ring out with the resultant big fires as soon as boost is added? I know a couple of workshops that had some close calls and rung us to order our new 'boost proof' fuel rails

CNC machined fuel rails with nice deep injector recess points and threads for Dash 8 fittings on each end are standard with every kit, as is the billet fuel rail mounting brackets which are stronger than any other LSX fuel rail bracket commercially available

Bolting rigidly to the fuel rail our mounting system makes the rail simply unbendable which means no more problems or worries with high boost applications in LSX forced induction engines :teach:

In stock now, $245 plus delivery
Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Street Tuna
How many times now have workshops seen aftermarket LSX fuel rails bend the brackets and push the injector O-ring out with the resultant big fires as soon as boost is added?
Zero but your fuel rails look nice.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:00 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
Zero but your fuel rails look nice.
It has happened before, seen a couple cars (non LS1) break the rail mounts and fireball instantly over the years, nothing like race fuel at 50-60psi getting sprayed on spark plug wires..

On a plastic intake at 60psi you can see the rails move 1/8 of an inch when you turn the pump on. My rail mounts arent going to break but I'm paranoid about the inserts in the plasic intake letting go one day.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:02 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
It has happened before, seen a couple cars (non LS1) break the rail mounts and fireball instantly over the years, nothing like race fuel at 50-60psi getting sprayed on spark plug wires..

On a plastic intake at 60psi you can see the rails move 1/8 of an inch when you turn the pump on. My rail mounts arent going to break but I'm paranoid about the inserts in the plasic intake letting go one day.
So how many times have you seen "aftermarket LSX fuel rails bend the brackets and push the injector O-ring out with the resultant big fires as soon as boost is added?"

I think they look great and they are a great price but I was simply answering the man's question.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, I know that my aftermarket billet rails leak at the injector O rings, just a small amount to collect dirt and dust...but it does unsettle my nerves.....and I don't push big boost, most i've put through this engine is 17psi.

I've always chalked it up to my braided crossover line being to tight between the rails and causing some "warpage" under hard use....and always seem to put it on the back burner on the fix it list. But if there has been issues with rails doing this then it does concern me.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by LTLHOMER
So how many times have you seen "aftermarket LSX fuel rails bend the brackets and push the injector O-ring out with the resultant big fires as soon as boost is added?"

I think they look great and they are a great price but I was simply answering the man's question.

I seen one, someone I know used ford rails (they fit LS1s) and used some 1/8" aluminum strips bent in an 'L' shape, that worked for about 10 minutes. I remember a couple early aftermarket rails that had skinny little brackets that bent easy - dont remember whose.

The rails I have use billet brackets and I could use them to lift the engine out if the intake could take it, maybe they have some crummy aftermarket LSx rails down under
Old 05-08-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they look nice,tuna can we use it on V.G intake.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:50 PM
FormerVendor

The rule of thumb is that if the rail mounts are stock then these rails will fit
Old 05-09-2007, 01:21 AM
TECH Resident

Thats it im getting that halon setup for my car...

Quick Reply: Gen-TT LSX Boost Proof Fuel Rails