Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need turbo selection help for TT corvette.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need turbo selection help for TT corvette.

I've got a PTK TT kit on order for my '03 Z06. I've been throwing around the idea of dropping an LS2 402 or 416-418 L92 in it later this year. My ultimate goal is to make this car a highway monster. Huge cam, high CFM heads, 3.15 gears, things like that.

Now, since it doesn't appear that I'll be getting my kit for a while, I will probably have a forged motor by then. I originally ordered the standard TE44s for the kit. Well, if I go with the larger cubes, I'd say those won't be sufficient.

What would be a good area, size wise, to look at for turbo selection? T66's? T70's? Something in the middle?

I PMed Jose, but haven't heard back from him yet. He's a busy guy so that's understandable.

P.S. Highway monster....
Old 05-14-2007, 08:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check with Nick Yoskin on here or the corvetteforum.com. He just went with some NASTY units on his car that Jose built for him. That car should easily support 1200-1300rwhp with the new turbos.

BTW, Jose and Jason are very hard to get with since they are usually busy doing CNC files and engineering new units.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DrTurbo
Check with Nick Yoskin on here or the corvetteforum.com. He just went with some NASTY units on his car that Jose built for him. That car should easily support 1200-1300rwhp with the new turbos.

BTW, Jose and Jason are very hard to get with since they are usually busy doing CNC files and engineering new units.

Haha. Nicks been blowing up CorvetteForum with posts of this same nature. Sounds like he wants to go bigger cubes as well.

I know he had you guys revamp his orginal TE44's, then he upgraded to twin 66's. Has he upgraded since the 66's?
Old 05-15-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well you have a few choices. the PTK/S kits have been proven and nick is a great example of that. his car is ace! then there is the HPturbo kit. you have to be carful as there is a vendor that sells their stuff thats a bit of a d!ck. ask around on the vette forum as there are a few people running them on there. also once the ST stuff comes out for the smaller turbos then the TTI stuff might be a good choice to! the TTI guys have to run T3/4 hybrids where the other two kit let you run T4s (the HP has run T76's!!! ).

if your after more of a dd then the APS kit looks good to!

thanks Chris.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by chuntington101
well you have a few choices. the PTK/S kits have been proven and nick is a great example of that. his car is ace! then there is the HPturbo kit. you have to be carful as there is a vendor that sells their stuff thats a bit of a d!ck. ask around on the vette forum as there are a few people running them on there. also once the ST stuff comes out for the smaller turbos then the TTI stuff might be a good choice to! the TTI guys have to run T3/4 hybrids where the other two kit let you run T4s (the HP has run T76's!!! ).

if your after more of a dd then the APS kit looks good to!

thanks Chris.
Ummm....I already ordered the PTK kit, 5 months ago. I'm looking for actual turbos, not kits.

lol, thanks for the advice though.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't get it....

I see numbers like DrTurbo is throwing around (1200-1300) with a lot of these twin kits, and a large % of the FI guys here are pushing water in the 900s... Why put all that turbo on if it's just gonna blow a head gasket or pressurize and overflow the coolant system?
Old 05-15-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id probably just go with some 61mm
that would put you at around 1000rwhp and enough to beat Tiley.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by smokinHawk
id probably just go with some 61mm
that would put you at around 1000rwhp and enough to beat Tiley.
Haha, that's not really my goal. I'm just trying to get an idea of what size turbos I should be looking at.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Frost
I don't get it....

I see numbers like DrTurbo is throwing around (1200-1300) with a lot of these twin kits, and a large % of the FI guys here are pushing water in the 900s... Why put all that turbo on if it's just gonna blow a head gasket or pressurize and overflow the coolant system?

Hehe, LSX? It's not that much more money.....
Old 05-16-2007, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinL911
Ummm....I already ordered the PTK kit, 5 months ago. I'm looking for actual turbos, not kits.

lol, thanks for the advice though.
bollox! that will teach me to read the f*cking post right in the first place! lol

sorry AustinL911 i should have rememberd you from the vette forum.

these new ST's look good. going to be a little while before they are out with smaller than 70mm stuff though. Nick proved 66's (with BB cores) work great on a 346. thats a good choice. also think AVB on the vette forum is running 66s on a 408 (its not a drag car its used for sprints and road causes).

Chris.