Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Do you have a Speed Inc. kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Do you have a Speed Inc. kit?

Who has the Speed Inc. twin street kit? Do you have a forged motor? How do you like the kit?
Old 05-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Coal Mining Director

I've been running one this spring. Piece of junk makes so much power it breaks Rossler built T400 trans

Jim Moran is great to work with. Great kit. Great quality. Engine is forged as all turbo cars should be IMHO.

Only thing I would do differently is to drop the motor/k to install the kit. I did it with the motor in the car and it's a bitch....the engine is too easy to drop down not to do it. That will make the install cake.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i was gonna purchase that kit and actully talked to someone over there thru some emails, and the quote came down to something around 14k i think. and its listed at 8something. and the guy said i was looking at around 500rwhp, not the 800. so i dont know. i decided to go ATI instead.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well first pull with mine did 840rwhp and 808rwtq so I don't know if it would meet your needs, but it is a beast to say the least very violent when the boost comes in LOL! The kit is a very nice kit you should have some expereice with these cars to install it. I like mine and Jim Moran is the absolut best customer service guy on the planet! Alsays called me back or answered right away etc...
Old 05-21-2007, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by kbronSS
i was gonna purchase that kit and actully talked to someone over there thru some emails, and the quote came down to something around 14k i think. and its listed at 8something. and the guy said i was looking at around 500rwhp, not the 800. so i dont know. i decided to go ATI instead.

im guessing you got a quote for the kit and motor and maybe fuel system?

and i bet when you asked how much power it would make with stock motor they told you 500 rw?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FANTAZ28
im guessing you got a quote for the kit and motor and maybe fuel system?

and i bet when you asked how much power it would make with stock motor they told you 500 rw?

motor??? i really dont remember full details, but i dont remember anything about a motor.....the official quote stated ALL prices for each single thing. and was really understandable, but when i asked about rwhp i was told i was not gonna make anywhere near that and those numbers were picked up on a car with another tranny and a bunch of other stuff. im not bashing or badmouthing at all, i purchase all my parts from speedinc, thats why i went towards that direction. i actually was looking for somehow to get my car overthere and have everything installed there, but had no luck and stopped searching more for that kit. im just stating my experience.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im local to speed inc but will be going to indiana to see EPP for my tuning and i am also using EPP for most of my parts. My shortblock came from speed, and due to a error in writing the invoice i got a piston about -5CC bigger then i expected. They did offer a full refund but i decided id alter my plans with the heads instead to make up the difference. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out what size chamber to use with them also, speed swore with a -14.9cc head and GM MLS gasket and 72cc chamber id be around 8.9:1 compression (4.030 bore 370), but when put into a calculator i was around 8.5 or 6. I asked em to please clarify this for me and all i got in response was, we will take it back for a full refund if i want... I was looking to be around 9.4:1 when i first ordered and discussed the motor with them. Just my experience that left a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM

Big bad black,

you do know that diamound offers only ONE option for a 4.030 bore? and that is 14.9!
well i should say they only offer one "dish" option and that is -14.9..... so they did not make a mistake.

-14.9 is the piston everyone uses with diamound unless its a custom piston and that would be twice the price

Quick Reply: Do you have a Speed Inc. kit?