Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Procharger Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Procharger Help

I will give you the short version. Ordered a P1SC kit for 5psi last November. Got a D1SC head unit with a 4.10" pulley. Was honest and traded my supplier head units, and got a P1SC with a 8 rib pulley. I paid the postage back just to get my right pulley. Put it on, installed the kit, and got 3psi. I finally got the blower back off, and pulled the pulley. I read ATI's literature and the 4psi kit seems to have a 4.10" pulley. Not the 5. Also, my supplier suggested the bypass valve might be suspect. It seals decent, but I can blow through it.

Now, neither my supplier or nor ATI will return emails times 2 each. Bad customer service.....

All I want is to send my bypass valve to have it checked, and to find out if I should have had a 4.10in pulley with a D1SC head unit, or if I got the wrong pulley. If it is not a wrong part thing, I am willing to pay whatever I need to.

THANKS!!!!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Second Club

wow man it seem like your haveing a bad time if i were you id call Bob at EPP hes the man with the procharger stuff!
Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Man that really is disappointing considering you were an honest guy about everything.
In retrospect it seems you should have just kept quiet accepted your good luck.
Caveat Emptor
Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree you should contact bob @ exotic performance plus. He goes the extra mile (hell extra 100 miles) to make sure his customers are well taken care of. Id give no one my procharger buisness but bob.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
I will give you the short version. Ordered a P1SC kit for 5psi last November. Got a D1SC head unit with a 4.10" pulley. Was honest and traded my supplier head units, and got a P1SC with a 8 rib pulley. I paid the postage back just to get my right pulley. Put it on, installed the kit, and got 3psi. I finally got the blower back off, and pulled the pulley. I read ATI's literature and the 4psi kit seems to have a 4.10" pulley. Not the 5. Also, my supplier suggested the bypass valve might be suspect. It seals decent, but I can blow through it.

Now, neither my supplier or nor ATI will return emails times 2 each. Bad customer service.....

All I want is to send my bypass valve to have it checked, and to find out if I should have had a 4.10in pulley with a D1SC head unit, or if I got the wrong pulley. If it is not a wrong part thing, I am willing to pay whatever I need to.

THANKS!!!!
You are a better man than me thats for sure. I would do what was already suggested and contact Bob at EPP. He should be able to help you out.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:23 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thanks everyone, hopefully it wasn't me that you bought it from. I am waay behind on my e-mails at the shop. I even have 16 unopened pm's here on tech to go through.

Pulley sizes depends on elevation, cubic inch, headers or manifolds, exhaust systems, camshafts, heads, rpm, etc. There is no 4 psi pulley, 5, etc.

The first thing to do is to make sure the blower belt is tight. A new belt always stretches, and needs to be retightened after an hour of use. The belt needs to be tighter than what most people assume they need to be.
The second thing to do is to make sure you don't have any boost leaks anywhere. Check all hoses, pressurize the system if need be. You will always be able to push a little air through the bypass valve, they do not close off completely. Bob
Old 08-03-2007, 05:41 AM
10 Second Club

see?? told ya! hahah
Old 08-03-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did not say whom I bought it from, nor did I say that I have not contacted Bob. I am still waiting for return emails, or another sourse to check the valve since I have seen exactly one of these in my life and someone to tell me what I need to do with this pulley or if ATI/the supplier owes me a P1SC/D1SC swap with this pulley. I have other stuff on the way, so I am trying to be patient, but I am being disappointed so far. 375rwhp is not impressive considering it was 317 before the blower....
Old 08-04-2007, 09:02 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

When looking at a bypass valve, you will see that the valve does not completely close airtight, this is normal. There should not be a 1/8" gap though, so if the gap is that wide, then you have a bad bypass valve. The first thing I would do is to remove the valve out of the system. It won't hurt anything to run it a few times without it. This will allow you to see if it is the bypass valve or not.
Also, make sure your blower belt is tight enough that you can strum it like a guitar string. Even if you feel it would be too tight to leave it this way, try it to see if it is the problem. Bob
Old 08-04-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by EPP
Pulley sizes depends on elevation, cubic inch, headers or manifolds, exhaust systems, camshafts, heads, rpm, etc. There is no 4 psi pulley, 5, etc.
Could you explain this a little please. I can see elevation (DA), but unlike a Turbo that is exhaust driven, shouldn't the Centrifugal SC put out a certain amount of PSI according to its size,internals and pulley ratio? Isn't it rpm dependent?
Old 08-05-2007, 07:06 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Smile

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Could you explain this a little please. I can see elevation (DA), but unlike a Turbo that is exhaust driven, shouldn't the Centrifugal SC put out a certain amount of PSI according to its size,internals and pulley ratio? Isn't it rpm dependent?
Boost is a product of restriction, so a better flowing exhaust system, for example, will cause the blower to put out less boost unless a smaller pulley is installed on the blower to spin it faster. It will affect a turbo as well, which explains why people go to a larger turbo when they have a larger engine. Bob

Quick Reply: Procharger Help