Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Oil Issues HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Oil Issues HELP!

I have the STS kit on my car and this morning the alarm started going off, the one that lets you know the oil pump isnt running. I got underneath and checked all the electrical connections and they are nice and snug and have continuity. Went to start it back up to see if snugging the connections up solved the problem but no luck and now i have oil blowing out the exhaust and probably into the intake. Anyone gone through this? Any ideas? If i can't figure this out would i be able to ditch the whole oiling system and go to a self contained turbo. Ball Bearing or something along that line? Thanks for any help.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

replace the check valve going into the turbo... that thing can be a little bastard. i had many problems with this, and it ended up being that check valve. is the alarm still going off?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Yeah the alarm is still going off. Would the check valve in the turbo casue the pump to stop running? I could understand the oil everywhere from the check valve but the pump i'm not to sure about.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Anymore ideas?
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call me and we'll get you fixed up!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Banned

Oil pump is not pumping...

Turn your Oil pump High/Low Switch to the HIGH position... If the Buzzer goes off, then your "Gold colored" resistor is bad...

If you turn the switch to High and the buzzer still sounds, then its something else

Turn the key to the on position and turn the switch to high and go listen for the pump running.. If you have no noise then the pump is not coming on, and not evac oil out of the turbo and its spilling over into the exhaust and compressor housings!

Also Check the Fuse in wiring harness and see if it is popped.... If its popped then thats your problem obvisouly!

How old is your kit? If its less than a year old the pump is still warrantied and I will get STS to shoot you out a new one, if THAT is the case!!

Usually its the fuse, or resistor...

If your buzzer is sounding, then your connection at the PCM is still ok!

Call me if you have anymore questions!

ALSO IF YOU FIX THE PROBLEM WITH SOME OF THESE IDEAS... DO NOT FORGET TO TOP YOUR OIL OFF... Because youve probably lost a bit of oil!!

Last edited by 2000TurboVert; 08-28-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Teching In

OK here goes, checked the fuse and its good, flipped the switch from high to low and alarm still sounds, checked for power at the pump and there is power. Hard wired the pump to the battery to see if it works and it does, what am i missing? There has to be something i'm missing here anyone have any ideas, im going crazy
Old 08-28-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Im about to call you...

Quick Reply: Oil Issues HELP!