Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Just got my turbo. Pics Inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just got my turbo. Pics Inside

Just wanted to share some pics of what i got today. I finally got all the parts together, and once i start getting it all together i will make a build thread, and i have tons of pictures of everything to show when done, it will be a well documented build.

The turbo is a Precision Gt4276 1.12 ar with a t4 flange and 4 inch dp.
The wastegate is a 44mm black tial wastegate, and a 50mm black tial bov.

Let me know what you all think.
Thanks, Chris

Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 PM
TECH Addict

Parts look very nice and should look allot better once they are installed. Thats a big turbo you got there, I like it What goals you got in mind?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:23 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Websy21
Parts look very nice and should look allot better once they are installed. Thats a big turbo you got there, I like it What goals you got in mind?
I dont want to set a goal and not hit it, but on this motor i will probably only boost 7-8 psi. Im guessing it will be around 500 or so whp.
When i bought this turbo i wanted something that i could build a motor down the line, and then just turn up the boost, and not have to replace the turbo right away. When i got it i was amazed how big it is in person.it Looks awsome. Im going to get to work on it this weekend, might get Ic in, or maybe start on the merge with t4 flange. My buddy and i have been practicing welding for the last couple weeks, but we think we got it down now.

Chris
Old 01-02-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are so pretty, I would sleep with them if they were mine.
Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
9 Second Club

A couple more size comparisons....

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Thats the closest small animals will ever come to that thing, without getting sucked in.

Sean
Old 01-02-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Broke EF
Thats the closest small animals will ever come to that thing, without getting sucked in.

Sean
**** me, LMAO

I think you are smart for building a nice bit turbo setup and down the road build a block that can take it. Most do it the oposite and can't wait too.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:10 PM
9 Second Club

**** me, LMAO

I think you are smart for building a nice bit turbo setup and down the road build a block that can take it. Most do it the oposite and can't wait too.
Believe it or not my biggest problem is not spending to much money at one time. I have a decent amount of money saved, but im trying to not touch it while not putting anything on credit cards. I feel like crap when im spending more then im making. So as long as i keep spreading it out, all is well.

Car will prolly get a 9 inch this summer, then a built 370iron block next winter and maybe a cage.

Im excited, i want to drive it now.

Chris
Old 01-02-2008, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

Great plans, I feel ya. I am in the same boat. I jsut bought a turbo kit, built 408 fully assembled, viper spec t-56, full fuel system and 9'' rear. I am thinking about selling it all now except for the turbo kit and running low boost. I thought about it more and it makes me sick I spent all of that money to max my line of credit. I just got my 6000 credit card payed off and that ****** is staying at that. With a 2 g mortgage payment a month plus allot more bills while trying to put away atleast 10, 000 in RRSP's a year made me think more. Why do I ahve to do it all at once. On a perfectly nice running bolt on car? Sorry for the long expanation but I admire your will power, I got bitten by the hp bug The worst of it is I got such a great deal on most of it and if I get rid of it all I'll most likely won't see it again
Old 01-02-2008, 06:46 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great plans, I feel ya. I am in the same boat. I jsut bought a turbo kit, built 408 fully assembled, viper spec t-56, full fuel system and 9'' rear. I am thinking about selling it all now except for the turbo kit and running low boost. I thought about it more and it makes me sick I spent all of that money to max my line of credit. I just got my 6000 credit card payed off and that ****** is staying at that. With a 2 g mortgage payment a month plus allot more bills while trying to put away atleast 10, 000 in RRSP's a year made me think more. Why do I ahve to do it all at once. On a perfectly nice running bolt on car? Sorry for the long expanation but I admire your will power, I got bitten by the hp bug The worst of it is I got such a great deal on most of it and if I get rid of it all I'll most likely won't see it again
Don't do it. My car blew up June 3rd, 07 and I've been buying parts ever since then. I've probably got $8500 in just 3/5s of the parts I need. Not counting all the other parts I've bought to swap my camaro over. Just stick it out and keep plugging away.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice..
Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Don't do it. My car blew up June 3rd, 07 and I've been buying parts ever since then. I've probably got $8500 in just 3/5s of the parts I need. Not counting all the other parts I've bought to swap my camaro over. Just stick it out and keep plugging away.
Ya I am rethinking it over still and would love to have a 800rwhp fully built car, especially since I got pretty much everything. Maybe a couple more g's tops. I know if I blew up my stock stuff I'd really start kicking myself in the ***. Sorry didn't want to You only live once I guess

Quick Reply: Just got my turbo. Pics Inside