Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Lingenfelter 2-step installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lingenfelter 2-step installed

Installed my lingenfelter 2-step tonight and did some testing. Unforutnately it doesn't help me spool any faster on the trans brake. It just limits the amount of boost it will make on the brake. Tried it at several different RPM settings and ended up leaving it at 4300 RPMs which kept my boost at 7psi so I can at least concentrate on tree. Don't know if it's worth the $250 for me though. Still takes about 5 seconds on the transbrake to get to my launch boost which is too long in my oppinion. I've experimented with my timing values and I have them where it spools the fastest (more timing). I think the real problem is the stall is too tight for this combo. Might have to try out a Chance converter.

Possible solutions include:

trying a smaller a/r on the turbo
higher stall (current one flashes to 2700)
Nitrous
Flame thrower kit (nothing says "back the **** up, i'm spooling" like a 10 foot flame out the tail pipe), idea from my friend who built my car.

Last edited by Zombie; 05-29-2008 at 11:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good info to know when i go auto...thx for all the great ideas zom...
Old 05-29-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like the flame thrower kit
Old 05-29-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have the newer ling two step it has antilag built in? Did you play with that part of it? I don't have mine installed yet . Auto should be able to leave at high boost. Guess you have some optimizing to do on your setup but mabye too much boost off the line is not a good thing necessarily depends on the traction situation.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:56 AM
Launching!

Do you have a vid of the 10 foot flames, I'd like to see that.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Boost off the line

Did you try using the timing retard feature while on the transbrake? This should cause help increase your exhaust temperatures which will help drive the turbochargers. It will also reduce your engine efficiency so your mass flow will need to be higher for the same load so that should provide more gas flow to drive the turbocharger(s) as well.

Originally Posted by Zombie
Installed my lingenfelter 2-step tonight and did some testing. Unforutnately it doesn't help me spool any faster on the trans brake. It just limits the amount of boost it will make on the brake. Tried it at several different RPM settings and ended up leaving it at 4300 RPMs which kept my boost at 7psi so I can at least concentrate on tree. Don't know if it's worth the $250 for me though. Still takes about 5 seconds on the transbrake to get to my launch boost which is too long in my oppinion. I've experimented with my timing values and I have them where it spools the fastest (more timing). I think the real problem is the stall is too tight for this combo. Might have to try out a Chance converter.

Possible solutions include:

trying a smaller a/r on the turbo
higher stall (current one flashes to 2700)
Nitrous
Flame thrower kit (nothing says "back the **** up, i'm spooling" like a 10 foot flame out the tail pipe), idea from my friend who built my car.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is working great with no problems.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like your converter is way to tight. You could also try leaning out the fuel on the launch to help spool.
A good way to test your converter is to bring it up on the brake and check your rpms at 1# of boost, this will tell you your true stall.

Hope this helps.

Doug
Old 06-03-2008, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

will a 2 step work with a 6 speed car, or is it more for auto's

thanks
Old 06-03-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two steps are normally required for manuals.Manuls have problems building boost off the line. For my dsms they have this option in software you get two step ,anitlag to spool up big turbos at the line and no lift to shift as manuals lose boost each time you shift.
Autos with stalls normally build good boost. You could still use the two step to get consistent launches and can't see why you can't use anitlag and as said pretty sure thats basically what lingenfelter has added on the new 2 step that I got. And thought you can upgrade the older version too.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
Did you try using the timing retard feature while on the transbrake? This should cause help increase your exhaust temperatures which will help drive the turbochargers. It will also reduce your engine efficiency so your mass flow will need to be higher for the same load so that should provide more gas flow to drive the turbocharger(s) as well.
On my setup i use my Step retard for the NOS controller which allows for timing to be retarded to zero and will add this LPE 2 step if i need more... its all in the tune!!! try wiring in a switch with the TB to have a diff fuel and timing curve by using coolant sensor its all in the tune!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I can see upping the timing with an auto and t-brake for spool if you don't run a 2-step, but WITH the 2-step have you tried pulling a bunch of timing out?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Just hooked mine up friday night.. I can see 10 psi I have mine set at 2400 and foot brake it.. on the trans brake I set it at 3300 it blows the DR's off..

I'm running 23* or timing with a 370ci .76 up to 9psi then back to 20* for the uppper psi

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter 2-step installed