Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eaton m112 on T/A

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eaton m112 on T/A

Hey everyone, I've got a 98 ws6 and I was wanting to possibly get a used Ported Eaton m112 off an 03 cobra kind of like a budget power adder since I'm pretty scared to even bother with nitrous. But I'm wondering if they even make an Eaton mount for the ls1, I can't find one anywhere. If I decided to go ahead an put this on (yes I'm sure other brands are better, but I don't have alot of money to blow, and I'm not about to mess with nitrous) what would I have to upgrade since this is a pretty small supercharger. Would I have to mess with injectors and fuel pump? Sorry if I'm extremely naive on the subject, because well..I am lol, but everyone's gotta learn somewhere.

And, if anyone has any good power adder suggestions instead of the supercharger, I'm all open to suggestions, even tho the whine of a ported Eaton would be nice. Or would it be cheaper to go with like a small turbo kit around like 5-7 psi so I wouldn't have to mess with the cost of an intercooler.

Last edited by papaown; 07-26-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:45 AM
Launching!

If you want to use an Eaton go with the LM Speed kit or check out MTI's new kit. Eatons on an LS1 are not a new idea, and have been done before, but I wouldn't port them out. A stock LS1 would be best suited for no more than 7psi, and yes you would need to upgrade your injectors, fuel pump, and a few other item, but if you invested in one of the kits above most of those items come in the kit. Both kits are intercooled as well, my heat exchanger, kinda like a front mount intercooler, sits in front of my a/c condensor and is not even noticeable.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:38 PM
Teching In

Default Eaton on my TA

Ed Potter put an eaton 112 on my car this spring, and I absolutly love it. You can get the skinny on the install and everything that is involved by looking at this months GMHTP where there is an article featuring my car that LM Speed put the kit into. (I was pretty stoked)
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hendihoo
Ed Potter put an eaton 112 on my car this spring, and I absolutly love it. You can get the skinny on the install and everything that is involved by looking at this months GMHTP where there is an article featuring my car that LM Speed put the kit into. (I was pretty stoked)
I think the op was talking about an Eaton like on a Cobra, I'm sure the one on your car (if ed did the install) is a magnusson. I dont beleive there is a direct bolt on for the cobra Eaton....At least not that will fit under a Fbody cowl.

BTW Ed installed mine as well.
Doug
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM
TECH Veteran

The MP112 off of a Cobra is the same blower in a sense. BUT the manifold, drive and the intake is completely different animal. Could you make it fit? Yea you could but you would need to get your hands on a LS1 Corvette Lower manifold for the Eaton (Magnacharger makes them, prolly got a few lying around). Also you would need to also get a totally different drive unit to swap the rear intake to a front intake and move the blower pullies to the rear. I think that is right. I could be wrong though Be cheaper to get a lower manifold for it and try to install it on a truck. Honestly it will probably cost you more to do what you are wnating to do then to just buy kit from LM Speed. Also the Cobra's ported thiers to get alittle more out of them, the MP112 kits for the LS1 do not need to ported they are as efficient as they will get already from Magnacharger.
Old 07-28-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to jack but I ran a 7.46@93mph w/ 8#s of boost,w/ hydro issues and a shitty 60'(1.68) in terible air, 75% humidity. For those of you that dont know, The car above is the car that did it. ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Damon the car in the Mti video is not mine! Just a shitty coincidence that there are now two of us within 10 mins of each other.

BTW! This car is a pig 3880 w/ me in it.

Doug
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
TECH Veteran

lol you have no idea how many PM's I got asking me if it was mine including a few phone calls lol. I know that car very well, but it did make me take a double take or two when I saw the vid. Starting to miss the car, glad to see someone driving it not talking about it. I am hoping to start another project in a year or so now things have calmed down a bit.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BadMonkey
lol you have no idea how many PM's I got asking me if it was mine including a few phone calls lol. I know that car very well, but it did make me take a double take or two when I saw the vid. Starting to miss the car, glad to see someone driving it not talking about it. I am hoping to start another project in a year or so now things have calmed down a bit.
It looks real close in the vid but nowhwere as nice as this one plus if you look close, diferent seats,no ss grille, and most of all that car has the 4wd option LOL.

Let me know when your ready to sell your next project,I might be interested.

Doug
Old 02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Anybody have any contact info on where i could find one of those lowers I'm interested in building a sc car but don't want to shell out more money than i have to. It will be mainly for show and a little go. But people where I'm from wont even think about running against a sc car lol.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

I looked at the MTI site and it looks like they only have a supercharger for the C6.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Launching!

I'm selling a m112 with the intercoolers 36 lb fuel injectors and a 255lhp pump. I have most everything you will need... Contact me first i could save you some money all youwill need is the intake...
Old 02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z33Art
I looked at the MTI site and it looks like they only have a supercharger for the C6.
MTI Racing Magnacharger for Fbodies
LM Speed Magnacharger for Fbodies
Old 02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks!

I am excited to do a roots style blower on my Z. The stillen blower they offer for the stock motor is an M60 and it is weak sauce. Now that the LS1 sits about 6" lower than the stock motor I will be able to put a much bigger blower on it and still fit it under the hood.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Z33Art
Thanks!

I am excited to do a roots style blower on my Z. The stillen blower they offer for the stock motor is an M60 and it is weak sauce. Now that the LS1 sits about 6" lower than the stock motor I will be able to put a much bigger blower on it and still fit it under the hood.
welcome bud! i've read that the stock hoods don't work so well and the SS works a bit better but still has fitment issues. i'm thinking maybe Sunoco hood to let the heat out and because it looks bad *** lol. go with some good heads and a larger blower cam than the lingenfelter blower cam and you should hit over 500RWHP . . . sound stock with over 500RWHP sounds like a great plan to me!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Great for driving as well!
Old 02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a maggie on my 00 SS and didn't lower the k member and I have no hood clearence issues.heres some pics.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

11SECSS, do you have any pictures of the underside of the cowl? How much did you have to cut?
Old 02-07-2010, 09:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Since I didn't lower the kmember I had to cut so much of the cowl that my wipers will not work ,bu tsince its a weekend car and never drive if weather is going to be bad it didnt matter to me .I think I have pics will look tommorrow.

Quick Reply: Eaton m112 on T/A