Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

h/c ss falls on face on dyno-fuel issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default h/c ss falls on face on dyno-fuel issue

I took my h/c car to get dyno tuned , but had some issues. When it hit the dyno the tuner said that it had low fuel pressure. He said it had 22 lbs which i checked when i got home and confirmed to be true. 22 lbs at startup , and less throughout the rpms. He said that it could be the small fuel line going to my freshly installed walbro and 42 lb injectors. He gave me a part number for a gates submersible line #27093. What do u guys think, Would this line cause the pressure to be so low? He said it should be about 58 or so. The car still dynoed a 415rwhp and 397 ft lbs but fell on its face at 5000. Is this the issue or do u guys think its something else?

Last edited by wilwhite2kss; 05-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well if you had only 22lbs, my guess is that when you get the right fuel pressure your car isn't going to run too well. Some guys have had issues with their brand new walbro. My guess is that you have a problem with the fuel pressure regulator or pump. I'm not really sure what line you are talking about though.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
Knew that the FP was fubar, and dyno'd it anyway??
I'd be finding a new tuner! Either that fp reading is wrong, or you are very lucky.
NO WAY did that engine make nearly 500FWHP w/ the fuel injectors operating at a flow rate of 25.8#/hr.
And, this makes it even scarier: "and less throughout the rpms".

Yea , as you can see in my post that i asked if anybody thought they knew what was wrong with my fuel pressure. If you dont have a clue , just say so. No need to insult me , or possibly the best tuner in the ny nj area Matt from ttp by calling us liars. I'm not some child that needs to lie about what his car did on the dyno.I have a dyno graph a whiteness, and matt as proof. Also , the car was dynoed before the fp issue was found, when he realized that the car was not at full potential he checked the fp and stopped the runs. Do you want a video of a fuel pressure gage on the car? The fuel pressure was checked several times on two different gages, so i doubt its wrong.

Last edited by wilwhite2kss; 05-23-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
well if you had only 22lbs, my guess is that when you get the right fuel pressure your car isn't going to run too well. Some guys have had issues with their brand new walbro. My guess is that you have a problem with the fuel pressure regulator or pump. I'm not really sure what line you are talking about though.
The line 6 inch submerged line that goes directly into the fuel pump. Yea, after the issue is fixed, the car has to go back to matt. I just dont feel like dropping the tank again and was looking for a way out of it
Old 05-23-2009, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
The line 6 inch submerged line that goes directly into the fuel pump. Yea, after the issue is fixed, the car has to go back to matt. I just dont feel like dropping the tank again and was looking for a way out of it
Do the trap door, its much easier. I've used it several times since I cut it. Do you have a hotwire kit? What is your voltage?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

How's that??
Old 05-24-2009, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
How's that??
Cut a square above where the tank is. Then make a patch panel and screw it down. Obviously you won't want too long of screws.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:48 AM
10 Second Club

Do the trap door, its much easier. I've used it several times since I cut it. Do you have a hotwire kit? What is your voltage?
Trap door works awesome, way better than pulling the tank.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cut a square above where the tank is. Then make a patch panel and screw it down. Obviously you won't want too long of screws.
Yea , but im one of those that just hates to cut up the car, but maybe it would be a good idea. I do have a hotwire kit, but have not checked the voltage yet. Do you think it might be the issue?
Old 05-24-2009, 07:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would bet the line to the pump has failed too.Pull the pump. Also vote for the trap door.