Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

versa fueler install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default versa fueler install help

I need help installing my versa fueler I'm not a master electrican and don't want to mess anything up can some one that has installed one before give me some pointers or tips

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No one?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

bump still need help on this
Old 07-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

I dont know if you have seen this yet but here is the instruction page on how to wire the versafueler. Its pretty straight forward it just puts the versafueler in series with your injectors.

http://www.acceleronics.com/instructions.htm

Here is a pin designation off the ecm layed out by year and the injector control wires are the wire you will be cutting and splicing and putting in series with the controller. I just splice mine right out of the ecm and in most cases I run a larger 16 gauge wire to each injector and splice it there which I believe the manufacturer suggests as the factory wiring is pretty small. And as far as splices go I feel the best technic for making a good strong splice is take the wires and strip them back about 2-3 inchs and slide heat shrink onto one wire and twist the two wire together tightly and then lay the twisted wires down and slide the heat shrink over them and of course apply heat to the heat shrink untill its pulls tight to the wire then rap it in electrical tape. Thats how I usaully do it and have never had a single issue.

http://www.ls2.com/boggs/torques/enginetorques.htm

Hope this helps and good luck!!
Old 07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok that does help all of the wires im going to be splicing into are out of the blue connector correct? thats the way i read it
Old 07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

yes sir....the best thing to do is print a copy of both the schematic and wiring instructions and keep it next to you as you are hunting wires in the harness. Just verify that the wire color matches what the sheet says. The connector that plugs into the ecm has numbers on it that will also help simplify the process.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks a bunch!!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

awesome man you got it done! How did it turn out?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It turned out real good I just used that heat shrink on them and the put all the wires in wire loom for a clean and stockish look! Looks great ill have to get a picture and post it up! now if I could only find a good switched 12 volt to run my fuel pump. I have the diy fuel pump setup but am not sure where to wire in my main pump. Any suggestions I see a bunch of wires under the dash but don't know what's 12 volt switched and big enough gauge wire to support a fuel pump

Thanks man!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02anti_vnm
It turned out real good I just used that heat shrink on them and the put all the wires in wire loom for a clean and stockish look! Looks great ill have to get a picture and post it up! now if I could only find a good switched 12 volt to run my fuel pump. I have the diy fuel pump setup but am not sure where to wire in my main pump. Any suggestions I see a bunch of wires under the dash but don't know what's 12 volt switched and big enough gauge wire to support a fuel pump

Thanks man!
You should have a 12 gauge wire from the alternator or the battery running to your fuel pump, your pump wants all the volatge it can get really, and it needs it's own dedicated wire !
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes but it has to be switched other wise the pump woill run all the time

im trying to figure out whats what under the dash i think im going to splice into one of the hot wires under there
Old 07-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

what fuel pump are you running? If its external and under the hood you could just add a relay and run a fused wire to the relay and then to the pump on the normally open contacts on the relay and find the fuel pump output in the ecm harness and pull the relay in with it. If it is in the tank I would run a fused #12 all the from the battery to the NO contact on a relay and have the power wire to the stock fuel pump pull in the relay. Theres other ways of doing it but this way the fuel pump will still retain it stock control.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by L"SS"1
what fuel pump are you running? If its external and under the hood you could just add a relay and run a fused wire to the relay and then to the pump on the normally open contacts on the relay and find the fuel pump output in the ecm harness and pull the relay in with it. If it is in the tank I would run a fused #12 all the from the battery to the NO contact on a relay and have the power wire to the stock fuel pump pull in the relay. Theres other ways of doing it but this way the fuel pump will still retain it stock control.
Exactly what he said.

If not you could run a fused wire to an on/off switch in the dash and then straight to your pump. Just don't forget about it
Old 07-17-2009, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im running a dual pump intank setup with dual walbro 255s. i found a accesory plug in in the fuse box its like half a fuse plug in and was perfect for a little blade connector to plug in and it only works while my key is on perfect

the other pump has a relay and a 5psi pressure switch and only comes on after 5 psi i got it all wired up now just waiting on my tune to come back so i can put my pcm back in and check for leaks and stuff before i go to get a real tune on it

thanks for the help guys!